Thai image of Farang .

General Udon Thani topics only!
trubrit
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by trubrit » July 22, 2011, 1:31 pm

Went down Soi Sampan last night and was horrified to see the attached notice on the garden fence of private house. Note it is in English so presumably the culprits are not Thai
DSCN2563.jpg
Now I am sure, or at least hope that no forum members would be so uncouth as to urinate up someones wall, but we are all Farang in the eye of the locals and will be tarnished with the same brush .I for one am ashamed and will certainly never put foot in that area again . :oops:

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

pompui
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by pompui » July 22, 2011, 2:08 pm

Thought there was only one sign down there,based in the carpark of TopMansion, asking people it is not a toilet area [-X
Is the sign down the other end of soi sampan? in which case, what can you do with farang with weak bladders :-k

Galee
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by Galee » July 22, 2011, 2:26 pm

I think this is taking the p**s. :D
Especially when everyday you see Thais pull up next to a main road and relieve themselves. Why can't they use a petrol station toilet? There's loads of them and there free!!!

Shado
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by Shado » July 22, 2011, 2:33 pm

I'm with you on this one TB. A sad commentary on (some) farang behavior.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by jackspratt » July 22, 2011, 2:45 pm

As I don't do it (piss on public walls), I really don't care what Thais might think - if they think about it at all.

Galee
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by Galee » July 22, 2011, 2:47 pm

Has anyone thought that people pee there because they can't read English. :D

trubrit
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by trubrit » July 22, 2011, 3:20 pm

Galee wrote:Has anyone thought that people pee there because they can't read English. :D
For Galee and anyone else that may not be able to read English . :lol:
no-peeing-funny-picture.jpg

Galee
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by Galee » July 22, 2011, 3:33 pm

I hope your not insinuating that I urinate there, because if you are I want an apology. [-X

trubrit
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by trubrit » July 22, 2011, 4:07 pm

Galee wrote:I hope your not insinuating that I urinate there, because if you are I want an apology. [-X
Touchy touchy. I am not insinuating anything. You suggested some may not be able to read English so that is a visual message. However if the cap fits , wear it .

Galee
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by Galee » July 22, 2011, 4:45 pm

Not touchy at all. You could have easily written, "for anyone who cannot read English", but no, you have to be a smart a*se and write, "For Galee". Insinuating that the sign should be put there for when I urinate there.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by old-timer » July 22, 2011, 7:05 pm

OT's wife urinated in the car park at pretcha night market. And she got a round of applause by passers by. My wife is Thai.

OT..................... \:D/

747man
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by 747man » July 22, 2011, 8:34 pm

old-timer wrote:OT's wife urinated in the car park at pretcha night market. And she got a round of applause by passers by. My wife is Thai.

OT..................... \:D/
THAT is DISGUSTING......You certainly cannot say SHE is a LADY...... :oops: :oops: [-X [-X :( :(

sissor-mouth
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by sissor-mouth » July 23, 2011, 1:12 am

the thais must try to understand us older fraternity need to go when nature calls \:D/

trubrit
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by trubrit » July 23, 2011, 7:15 am

Simply amazed at some of the responses here seemingly condoning this animal like behaviour.
To Pompui I would say. If a Farang is unable to control his bladder for 5 minutes to get to a toilet , even if at the other end of the street then with that level of incontinence he should be in a nursing home not out on the streets of Udon late at night .
To Galee. With reference to Thai drivers. Inadvertently you have proved my point about generalisations . Not all drivers pee at the side of the road, in fact I would guess most don't . The same as , I am sure, not many Farang pee up garden walls . But , as you have done with the Thais, all of us Farang will be categorised .
To Jack Spratt. I am totally amazed at you saying you don't care what Thai think of you . Presumably you have a Thai wife and inlaw family. You really mean you don't care what they think .? I think your response was more bravado than factual, but in case it wasn't may I quote John Dunne who wrote in the 16th century, No man is an island.Look it up, you may learn something .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by jackspratt » July 23, 2011, 7:34 am

Val, as I cannot control what people think about me, there is no point in worrying about it.

I am comfortable with my behaviour, and that is all I can control.

ps I believe that was John Donne. :D

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Thai image of Farang .

Post by pienmash » July 23, 2011, 9:20 am

Mash hates to see anyone whipping the sausage out n peeing in a public place ,,,,,,,, simply not cricket , not nice and not nessessary as there are toilets all over the place . This isnt a practice of any one nationality or race but most countries have nationals that are rude n uncouth and will pee in public , on my travels ive seen hundreds of Thais releaving themselves in full view at the side of the road this happens on all roads in all countries around the world im sure. , a Thai fella started to piss up the tree outside CC a while back but i pulled him and said ive got a lovely clean toilet inside replied with a grunt .
If i recall corect theres a hefty fine for peeing in public in the UK , not sure.............. and also i remember whilst a young buck when travelling and in India was normal for people to just stop and have a pee anywhere and even more bizzare i saw numerous males n females hoist up their frocks and log off at the side of the road ,,,,,, dirty bastards .

As my old gran would say ,,Jon stop playing with urself !!!!! ..... manners cost nowt and parental guidance /control during childhood should suffice in telling someones mind that this really isnt the thing to do .

Mash ....... so perfect even my farts smell of perfume

Arosolius
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by Arosolius » July 23, 2011, 6:51 pm

I it was my house I wouldn't have bothered with a sign - just would have planted plenty of stinging nettles.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by FrazeeDK » July 23, 2011, 8:07 pm

I've been all over the world.. You'll always have folks who will relieve themselves in public; some merely rude, most ignorant, some caught short.... If driving I'll honk my horn... If walking I sometimes make a comment.. Most of the time I just laugh... It is not necessarily 3rd world. One time when driving through Neu Ulm on the autobahn in Germany, I observed a car parked on the verge of the highway with a man standing beside it (probably the husband).. Up a steep hil beside the road was a woman with her back facing the road pinching a loaf... Arghghghghhg!! But, we all laughed like hell....

old-timer
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by old-timer » July 23, 2011, 8:54 pm

OT has spent many years in Paris, and everyone - male or female urinated at will. A rainwater drain at the side of the road on the champs de elysee in daylight was just as good as a bush or tree to them. So I guess the falangs that are p1ssing in public areas not designated as WCs are predominantly French falangs. Although you can't rule out the girls of the night taking a slash in the bushes that TB took the time to tell us about.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ating.html

OT............................... \:D/

747man
udonmap.com

Thai image of Farang .

Post by 747man » July 24, 2011, 10:24 am

pienmash wrote:If i recall corect theres a hefty fine for peeing in public in the UK , not sure
Yes Mash, I Believe the fine in the U.K for Peeing in Public is now a FIXED Penalty of 80 Nicker.......& A Police Caution ........ 8-[ 8-[

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”