Visa services in Udon??

General Udon Thani topics only!
Dingo
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by Dingo » August 7, 2011, 6:06 pm

I heard on the grapevine that there was a company or companies that can do visa applications for Thai nationals travelling overseas. Does anyone know of any company (professional) that does specialize in this field in Udon?
Instead of driving to Bangkok, taking my Thai wife, my 9 month old Thai Farang son and all his requirements, it would be much easier to pay the extra cost and get all the paperwork done here, providing it's not a "shonky rip-off company". Any information or direction would be very much appreciated. Oh, the visa/s will be to Oz!
Thanks
Dingo

jimstyers

Visa services in Udon??

Post by jimstyers » August 7, 2011, 6:39 pm

TBA Business Services with small office in Udon and large office in Bangkok. Specialize in American Visa, but will also do Australia visa. www.tbabusinessservices.com or www.americavisa4thai.com Office in Bkk: 02-651-4364 Ask for Jim.

Dingo
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by Dingo » August 7, 2011, 10:03 pm

Thanks Jim.
I Looked up the websites you mentioned but cannot locate the address for Udon. Do you have an approximate location or address for Udon office? I appreciate you taking the time to reply, thanks very much.
Dingo

Galee
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by Galee » August 7, 2011, 10:52 pm

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... =22&t=9624

The office has since closed but I believe the telephone number is the same.

panick
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by panick » August 7, 2011, 11:42 pm

Have you looked into doing it yourself? The applications can be downloaded online 8) Saves quite a few thousand baht =D>

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by Charlieb » August 7, 2011, 11:50 pm

Jim Styers works with TBA and has a home in Udon. He did some work for me and I was very satisfied.

His number is: 081-860-9140 or you can reach him at: [email protected]

Jim will meet with you anyplace you like.

Benzman2
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by Benzman2 » August 8, 2011, 10:40 am

You can try Mr Neng 0895719848 he is good ;-)

ergman
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by ergman » August 8, 2011, 11:30 am

Haven't heard back from Jim yet but can anyone tell me how long a tourist visa to the US is good for??

Ed (Rusty)

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by bamakmak » August 8, 2011, 12:05 pm

The U.S. tourist Visa that my TW has is good for 10 years. During that time, she is allowed an unlimited number of trips to the states, none to exceed six months. We got the Visa in the Fall of 2007 and I can't say for sure if there have been any changes to new Visas issued since then.

Hope this helps.

ergman
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by ergman » August 8, 2011, 12:24 pm

Thank you so much bamakmak.

As soon as I had written the reply I checked my e-mail and Jim had already replied with the same info so thanks again!!

Rusty

Dingo
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by Dingo » August 8, 2011, 5:28 pm

Thanks everyone
With your help, I've managed to get the ball rolling. Thaks for all the inputs.
Dingo

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by jackspratt » August 8, 2011, 5:42 pm

Dingo a far easier alternative is to use the Oz Embassy in Vientiane.

I have done this both for my wife, and her son - although the son was a once-off, and they said I must go to Bangkok for him in future.

Dingo
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by Dingo » August 8, 2011, 8:20 pm

Jackspratt
Can you tell me why the son was a once-off? Surely anyone applying for a visa should get the same service?
I understand that not all visas are approved but why was it a once-off in Vientiane and in future he needs to go to Bangkok?
I agree Vientiane is another alternative but do they need to hold the individuals passport for a day or two, thus needing to stay in Laos until ready? Just curious!
Cheers
Dingo

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by jackspratt » August 8, 2011, 8:39 pm

Dingo

The Oz government is paranoid about children traveling internationally without the consent of both parents.

From what I have read in your OP, you are the father of the child you talk about. If you have sufficient evidence of this, it should not be a problem for you in Vientiane.

As far as the process is concerned, my understanding is that the application is made in Vientiane, but they are then sent to Bangkok for approval.

You do not need to stay in Laos for a couple of days. Go to the Embassy to lodge the applications, and leave photocopies of your wife and son's passports there. You can then come back to Thailand, and send your wife back a few days later with both passports. If the visas have been approved, they will put the visa stickers in the passports, and Bob's your uncle. :D

wazza
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by wazza » August 9, 2011, 4:25 am

Jack

how long ago did they allow u to use Lao Embassy , as I made very recent enquiries , last week, and was told very politely, NO.

Yet the same consular staff who visit weekly will review the case and sign off on it etc, come from BKK

I was told, it because Im based in Thailand.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by jackspratt » August 9, 2011, 6:29 am

It was August last year wazz - just a tourist visa for the Mrs..

What was it they wouldn't allow you to do?

wazza
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by wazza » August 9, 2011, 6:33 am

Renew my 2nd passport . I must have an interview.

Drtierra
udonmap.com

Visa services in Udon??

Post by Drtierra » August 10, 2011, 8:27 am

ergman wrote:Haven't heard back from Jim yet but can anyone tell me how long a tourist visa to the US is good for??

Ed (Rusty)
Tourist visas can be valid for up to 10 years & can be very difficult to get at all. Especially for those married to a US Citizen. The ability to enter the US & length of stay is set by the officer at the POE not by the embassy issuing the visa.
To even attempt to get a tourist visa people need to study the " strongest ties" rule. All holders of any type of visas are considered intending immigrants. Therefore they must prove their ties to their country that absolutly requires them to return. USCIS considers those ties to a husband if a Thai tries to enter the USA & the husband is a USC.
The embassy in BKK has been very reluctant to issue these tourist visas but with the correct background ties it can be done. Many are denied these days.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”