farang dead motorbike accident

General Udon Thani topics only!
tonytuy2005
udonmap.com

Post by tonytuy2005 » November 27, 2011, 11:32 am

if somebody know , this morning a french guys fron Ban Nong sai dead in motorbike accident ,is name is Francois, about 55 years old , he have honda Phantom, black color, is wife is in hospital in bad condition . if somebody know him ,i have some pics of accident . contact me at 0831772694 Tony. i'm very sorry about . please check out all friends !!!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 27, 2011, 2:12 pm

a phonecall, or email to French embassy in Bangkok,with his name, might alert relatives overseas, and be helpful, if police have not done so already..no harm in double checking

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 27, 2011, 3:08 pm

tonytuy22005....can you tell us any details about how the accident occurred? I've been giving serious thought to buying a Honda Phantom for me and the wife to take short excursions around Udon, but when I hear stories like this I really begin to have second thoughts.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » November 27, 2011, 3:19 pm

I feel very sad every time i her this storys, allmost every week somebody die on motorcycles.

I have drive motorcycles since i was a little boy, but, i stop citydriving when i come to Thailand. It is to dangerous to drive!!!
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

tonytuy2005
udonmap.com

Post by tonytuy2005 » November 27, 2011, 4:13 pm

semperfiguy wrote:tonytuy22005....can you tell us any details about how the accident occurred? I've been giving serious thought to buying a Honda Phantom for me and the wife to take short excursions around Udon, but when I hear stories like this I really begin to have second thoughts.
Really unlucky man !!! he was on the main road to the village and suddenly a buffalo across the street, right in the middle big crash and i think he dies instantly but his wife stay in udon hospital in coma , i spoke whit the poeple live close to his house. Unbelievable !!!! I always say everybody DRIVE SLOWLY and OPEN THE EYES !!! in Thailand is a second, you kill yourself !!! Take care

ackerdan

Post by ackerdan » November 27, 2011, 9:41 pm

I'm Daniel, a friend of Francois and Malee.
I'm in France at the moment. I know Nong Sai and U.T.
My wife lives near Kranuan
I sent her to Udon Thani
She was in the hospital today and saw Malee.
The doctor's are waiting her youngest son and stop all later.
If you can send the photos to show to the family, it will be a good think.
my email : [email protected]
I will give your telephon number to my wife so you can explain what you saw

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » November 28, 2011, 12:55 am

Died hitting a buffalo. That is incredible and very sad to hear.

IMHO foreigners should toss the motorbikes in favor of samlors. What does any mature person need with that extra speed and danger, anyway? Be pragmatic.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » November 28, 2011, 3:22 am

While this is sad news indeed, I have been navigating (motorbike) around cows and buffs for seven months now and neither go fast. YOU have to yield the road to them, not the other way around. Riding a bike, like driving a car or walking is one of life's dangers. Some will argue for it, some against.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

tonytuy2005
udonmap.com

Post by tonytuy2005 » November 28, 2011, 7:48 am

ackerdan wrote:I'm Daniel, a friend of Francois and Malee.
I'm in France at the moment. I know Nong Sai and U.T.
My wife lives near Kranuan
I sent her to Udon Thani
She was in the hospital today and saw Malee.
The doctor's are waiting her youngest son and stop all later.
If you can send the photos to show to the family, it will be a good think.
my email : [email protected]
I will give your telephon number to my wife so you can explain what you saw
Ok Daniel , give my phone nr to your wife and say her to call me, I will explain what I saw and the pics I done . I'm very sorry for your friend, I saw him in the town many time, make condolences to his family. I hope to meet you too when you'll back in Udon . Take care . Tony

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » November 28, 2011, 8:49 am

Sad to hear. hope his missus pulls through OK
SPEED KILLS! Especially Thailand!

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » November 28, 2011, 9:24 am

I think we had a mutual friend as I know Daniel, I sent him an e-mail. Even very experienced riders have to learn to ride here. There are obstacles one would never think of like a Buffalo in the road. We timed our trip wrong yesterday and rode back in the dark something I do not like. At Big C on the Nong Bua Highway, we were in the right lane riding with the flow of traffic. An impatient driver pulled right in front of us. It was all I could to get the bike stopped enough to get around the car. Then it happened with another car a little further down the road. I think we have a lot of Bangkok drivers in town, even when I take the small bike in town I really have to watch it. They think nothing of pulling out in front of you. Lot more calmer when we only have Udon Folk around. I don't ride the big bike in town.

The bottom line is things are very different here and until you have adapted it is even more dangerous. Night riding a no no. Taking your time to learn to ride in this atmosphire is a must. Riding think about it, I've been doing for nine years here, thing can wrong in a heart beat. Been down twice once by a speeding driver and once by hitting a dog.

I'm sorry to hear this very sad.

wayne747
udonmap.com

Post by wayne747 » November 28, 2011, 2:07 pm

Very sad to hear, best hopes for his wife in the hospital.

tonytuy2005
udonmap.com

Post by tonytuy2005 » November 28, 2011, 3:43 pm

wayne747 wrote:Very sad to hear, best hopes for his wife in the hospital.
i'm very sorry,but the last news i have from village ,she pass away too !!! a big tragedy for that family !!!
just one advice.... drive carefully and slowly in thailand , so dangerous !!!!!!!!!

franckygos

Post by franckygos » November 28, 2011, 5:46 pm

Hello,

I'm from the family of François (a cousin of my father).
You can contact me by mail at [email protected].
I will forward all informations to the near family.

Tony if you have pictures you can send me, I would like to understand how its happend...

Thanks

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 28, 2011, 7:26 pm

Sadly I can't find anything in the Thai news about the accident.

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » November 30, 2011, 8:24 am

Saw this accident report on local Home Cable News, SAD, he was dead on IMPACT. It is Dangerous on the Roads of Thailand, please drive with CARE ALL!! :(

wayneor0
udonmap.com

Post by wayneor0 » December 4, 2011, 3:19 am

bloody dangerous on a bike here.yesterday guy in a truck open his door main rd knocked over couple women one with child on scooters.they just dont care.i bought a tuk tuk.my wife told me car hits scooter police laugh.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » December 4, 2011, 2:33 pm

my mate back home hit a cow in his Ford car, and it totalled the car, and threw him thru the windscreen. nearly killed him..my farmer neighbour has these Black Poll cows, and he feeds them unattended along the roadside. Thing is we leave in the middle of nowhere, country folk do these things, thing is he leaves them out at night because we are lucky if three cars cpme thru the valley at night, theres no street lighting, and some nights its pitch black..a bunch of young people were coming back from the pub one night, the driver swears he served to avoid one of the jet Black cows standing in the road, he crashed into the huge roadside drain, and one of the girl passengers was paralized from the neck down..she died afew years later in a house fire...no one ever believed the driver, reckoned he was drunk, and I wasnt to sure, until one night in the very same spot, i had to take the same evasive action to miss one of these same cows.there was only inches in it.your not even sure you saw the thing..the hearts racing...its pitch black and you dont see anything until it is in the headlights, and the very last moment, and the buggers dont move...it took ten years for the Council to act, and even then the farmer slips them out when grass is short, and then blames the cows for escaping...moral of the story is that country people do things different top city folk, they have cows, and sheep and horses too I have seen wandering down the middle of the streets of Udon...so beware..........

so my thoughts are with this motorbike fella and his lovely wife..it seems that at lest they are together in peace now, if it is true she has also passed away...

fatbas***d
udonmap.com

Post by fatbas***d » December 4, 2011, 3:37 pm

Its always saddening to hear of a needless death BUT, if you don't have the advanced skills to ride a MC, even a low powered one as is the phantom, you shouldn't contemplate riding one. Partic in low light conditions and ill equipped in terms of safety ( protective ) gear.
I have ridden and raced here since 92 and usually above 900cc sport bakes, known as Superbikes, if you think Thailand is dangerous, think what is was then, most people had never seen a big bike, and road traffic, while not heavy was much more dangerous because of low level of skill at a time when it was normal to just buy your license.

I gave it away when I reached 60 recognizing that my reactions and confidence had dropped below a minimum level, thus bringing an end to 45 years of riding and competitive, although amateur track riding.
Over that time I have only had one accident and that was 10 yrs ago when I taxi driver in Bangkok opened his door into my path. When I was riding here I always had quality helmets and usually a full race suit or at least a minimum of decent padded jacket and full length boots.

The problem here is that many think because most people ride some sort of MC, its ok to do so, if you haven't had proper experience riding in your own country just don't ride here.
I mean this guy hit a Buffalo, I have never seen one move erratically or at speed, which tells me a lot about his level of skill.

I do try to practice what I preach, even when riding my wife's chicken chaser, I always wear an approved helmet and a quality jacket, those plastic lids don't do it for anyone, even riding my bicycle I wear a helmet, each time I go out in traffic.

jimbeamm36
udonmap.com

Post by jimbeamm36 » December 4, 2011, 4:14 pm

Does anyone know who he was?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”