Electricity in Udon Thani

General Udon Thani topics only!
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Electricity in Udon Thani

Post by BobHelm » October 24, 2014, 6:07 pm

30 baht per cubic metre...
Which, I believe, is what Udon municipality charge..
It is certainly the same as I was charged (& paid direct) when I was renting a house..

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Electricity in Udon Thani

Post by parrot » July 22, 2021, 12:57 pm

It's been a long time since I paid much attention to our electric bill, but this month's 1565baht bill for 673kwh must include some sort of government bonus.....as our electric bill for this month is usually in the range of 2500baht....and we're not shy about using our ac.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » July 22, 2021, 1:03 pm

parrot wrote:
July 22, 2021, 12:57 pm
It's been a long time since I paid much attention to our electric bill, but this month's 1565baht bill for 673kwh must include some sort of government bonus.....as our electric bill for this month is usually in the range of 2500baht....and we're not shy about using our ac.
I feel like my electric bills have been artificially low for quote some time now. Every month is a pleasant surprise.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 22, 2021, 1:04 pm

There was some discount using April’s numbers as a benchmark for 3 months which would just fit in with your July bill.

Mrs N was jabbering something about the discount has been extended but I’m not clear on how long or how much
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 23, 2021, 9:05 am

Discounts for July and August:

Cabinet cuts water, electricity bills for 2 months (nationthailand.com)

Homes that use more than in February, up to 500 units per month, pay the February rate.

Homes that use 501-1,000 units per month pay the discounted rate up to the value of their February bill, then +50 per cent for additional units.

For water use, bills to homes and small businesses will be cut by 10 per cent in August and September.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003191
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 22, 2021, 4:57 pm

Price seekers:
Our electric bill in 2012 for 696kwh was 2709 Baht. Last month's 688kwh cost 1599. I know the price reduction is "temporary"........but that's quite a cut from 9 years ago

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 22, 2021, 5:16 pm

Cant comment why but leccy meters read n bins here today SUNDAY ?... cant recall it happening before ..anyhoo my office bill zero house 2500 reduced to 1400 .. i aint gonna try to figure it out just very pleased at the current discounts however they are doing it

Thanks PEA :D =D>

DM .... (103 kgs Jack)
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 22, 2021, 6:53 pm

Last bill was just a receipt for the bill we payed in June.
Zero payment due for July.
Will be interested in seeing the next due tomorrow.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 23, 2021, 9:56 am

I'm not a save the earth type of guy. The electric grid in the boonies of Loei is pathetic. I hate being in the dark and took the only option available. Solar power. I have three small systems using a total of eight solar panels. My computer room and the security cameras run on solar 24/7. I doubt the systems will ever pay for themselves but I don't care. I recently replaced my battery banks. I wasn't happy spending the 40,000 baht but it is well worth it. It's great having the only lights in the neighborhood. I also have three solar powered night lights. They come on at dark and go off at first light. Each is self contained. They work great.

The grid here goes down almost every day. Sometimes for a few seconds and sometimes for hours. I think the grid is setup to avoid brownouts. I watch the grid volt meter and when It goes down to 190 volts, the grid goes down. I still have a generator but it was a pain connecting and starting it and then having the grid go back up within a few minutes.

Since the sun doesn't shine every day, I have twice the recommended number of panels. My batteries fully charge every day even when raining. I get criticized for wasting so much power from the panels, but they are the longest life components so I don't worry about that.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » August 23, 2021, 3:27 pm

so the electricity discounts this month are calculated according to this https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/202 ... _Xkltifoyk
our bill this month has 960 units/KW , so we fall under this rule ..For households that consume 800-3,000 units, they will pay for the same amount they did in February, plus 50 percent of the additional units in excess of their February usage...
960 - 782 (feb usage) = 178 units , (units in excess of their February usage) , so our bill will be calculated according to the feb units , 782+89 (89= 50 percent of the additional units in excess of their February usage,178) = 871 units/Kw are our units to calculate this months bill , if you have used less units compared to february you will have no discount ...
on the other hand if a household uses more electricity than what they used in February but does not exceed 800 units, they will pay for the same amount they did in February...so if your february bill was fe 450 units , and your units now are 650 ,you only have to pay the same units as used in february , 450 , if you used less compared to february ,no discount .and last one For households that use more than 3,000 units, a 30 percent discount applies by the same calculation.... to make it a little bit clear ... ;)
20210823_153130 (Copy).jpg

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 23, 2021, 4:22 pm

It ought to be cheap for the spotty and highly fluctuating service. Factor in all the televisions and other electric equipment fried over the years and there's not that much of a savings.

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 23, 2021, 9:22 pm

What has a really old picture of the corner of Soi Sampan & Watthananuwong Road got to do with Electrictity?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 24, 2021, 6:48 am

Niggly wrote:
August 23, 2021, 9:22 pm
What has a really old picture of the corner of Soi Sampan & Watthananuwong Road got to do with Electrictity?
I see electricity poles !

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 24, 2021, 7:09 am

Khun Paul wrote:
August 24, 2021, 6:48 am
Niggly wrote:
August 23, 2021, 9:22 pm
I see electricity poles !
No need to visit Specsavers for you then

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 27, 2021, 9:46 am

My PEA app forced an update when I opened it yesterday afternoon & it now just says “cannot connect to server”. Same for anybody else?

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » August 27, 2021, 11:44 am

Niggly wrote:
August 27, 2021, 9:46 am
My PEA app forced an update when I opened it yesterday afternoon & it now just says “cannot connect to server”. Same for anybody else?
Niggly wrote:
I’m a frequent user of the PEA app as I find outages are repaired much more quickly when reported.

Just tried to open it, forced an update to 3.2 dated April 9th. App opened over wifi, but threw an exception when trying to access the database, so my info doesn’t load. I can navigate within the app and it appears I can report an outage. My details loadb on thst page. Not convinced a report would actually reach the system.

So yes, broken by update. I blame Bill Gates. He’s the guy who moved technology from updates being scheduled and optional (often annual) to being random, regular, untested, pushed and mostly for the benefit of anyone but the end user. The recent huge worldwide ransomware attack was thanks to such pushed updates. :confused:
Attachments
1F25AA1F-846A-452F-8EC9-B5DF47695810.jpeg

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 27, 2021, 12:54 pm

BKK-Udon wrote:
August 27, 2021, 11:44 am

I’m a frequent user of the PEA app as I find outages are repaired much more quickly when reported.

Just tried to open it, forced an update to 3.2 dated April 9th. App opened over wifi, but threw an exception when trying to access the database, so my info doesn’t load. I can navigate within the app and it appears I can report an outage. My details loadb on thst page. Not convinced a report would actually reach the system.

So yes, broken by update. I blame Bill Gates. He’s the guy who moved technology from updates being scheduled and optional (often annual) to being random, regular, untested, pushed and mostly for the benefit of anyone but the end user. The recent huge worldwide ransomware attack was thanks to such pushed updates. :confused:
I use it every month because the meter reader chap always leaves the bill at a the mom & pop shop (doesn’t seem to give it to anyone in person) & they’ve regularly mis placed it when I go in. I’m on direct debit so it doesn’t really matter not having the paper copy, I just like tracking the usage on the app.
Just checked the App Store & it doesn’t show as updating which is strange. Looked at the app itself & it says updated to version 3.2.0 released 26 August which makes more sense.
My error message was “cannot connect to server” when I posted earlier but it now “exception” the same as yours which strongly suggests version 3.2.0 is at fault not just me.

You’re right about the call outs, we had a drooping cable to the house & I was getting a bit worried so Mrs N went to I don’t know how many offices to be told not their job try somewhere else. I reported it through the app & a crew of 3 with cherry picker turned next morning

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 27, 2021, 2:33 pm

Niggly wrote:
My PEA App on my Thai Phone (when I tried to connect when overseas to see my Bill) also asked me for an update of information, 5 weeks ago. But then would accept the information when I tried to enter it. :-k :-k

All too hard, so I haven't used it since

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » August 27, 2021, 3:06 pm

kopkei wrote:
August 23, 2021, 3:27 pm
so the electricity discounts this month are calculated according to this https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/202 ... _Xkltifoyk
our bill this month has 960 units/KW , so we fall under this rule ..For households that consume 800-3,000 units, they will pay for the same amount they did in February, plus 50 percent of the additional units in excess of their February usage...
960 - 782 (feb usage) = 178 units , (units in excess of their February usage) , so our bill will be calculated according to the feb units , 782+89 (89= 50 percent of the additional units in excess of their February usage,178) = 871 units/Kw are our units to calculate this months bill , if you have used less units compared to february you will have no discount ...
on the other hand if a household uses more electricity than what they used in February but does not exceed 800 units, they will pay for the same amount they did in February...so if your february bill was fe 450 units , and your units now are 650 ,you only have to pay the same units as used in february , 450 , if you used less compared to february ,no discount .and last one For households that use more than 3,000 units, a 30 percent discount applies by the same calculation.... to make it a little bit clear ... ;)
20210823_153130 (Copy).jpg
Yep, that calculation formula they use is certainly a little bit clear. :-k
The discounts have been very nice. No news of any extension though, right? I think we will be paying full regular rates on the next bill for the usage happening now until the next meter reading! :cry:

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 27, 2021, 5:22 pm

I pinged an email to PEA asking about the app & forced update & got this reply just 15mins later so they’re obviously on the case. I expect another forced update in the not too distant future

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”