Which LCD TV ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
SJP17
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by SJP17 » June 16, 2012, 6:37 am

Hi folks ,

Looking for any recommendations for which type of tv to buy , basically im looking for either a 32 or 37 inch lcd tv , doesnt need to be an internet tv and max i want to spend is 15k , been hearing that Sony tv's arent as reliable as they used to be and should be careful which model you buy , have a 37 inch LG back home for 5 years and its never given any bother , so im kind of thinking of going LG rather than Sony ? any advice ?

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by Prenders88 » June 16, 2012, 8:01 am

All my TV's are Samsung.
I prefered the picture to LG.
When I bought mine it was 26,000 baht prices have dropped in the last three years.
Paid 19,000 baht for the Samsung 5.1 sound system, I saw a better one than mine in Tesco's for 7900 baht.
You should get a Samsung 32 inch for the money burning a hole in your pocket.
Samsung has a very good after sales service in Thailand.

Whatever happened to Sony?
They had a huge footprint in the TV market, now almost nothing.
Gone the same way as Nokia.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by SJP17 » June 16, 2012, 8:59 am

Thanks for that info , so whats the damage for a 32 inch Samsung ? Id also like to get a sound system , so the 7900 one at Tesco sounds like a good option , most of the guys at work all have Sony and a few of them have had a lot of bother with faults , so i think ill wide berth the Sony and go for a Samsung.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by Prenders88 » June 16, 2012, 9:21 am

Prices are around the same, we shop in Makro a lot as we have a mini mart and a coin op laundry, we use Samsung Diamond Drum machines, 8 years old and still going strong.

We have always got good deals in Makro.
Makro have a 32 inch LCD for sale at 13,900 baht comes with two USB ports and two HDMI ports, full HD 1080p.

For 18,500 baht Makro are doing a promotion on a Samsung 43 inch Plasma with a 5.1 Home Cinema Sound system.
Have to get there quick, these deals are sold out quickly. Makes me sick as I paid 19,000 baht just for a 5.1 Home Cinema in 2008.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by SJP17 » June 16, 2012, 9:32 am

That promotion sounds like a good deal , i would prefer a lcd rather than a plasma but thats definetly one to think about , i remember when i bought my LG 37 , £1099 and three months later they were £600 , been caught out like that god knows how many times , if i go for the 32 lcd from Makro and the tesco sound system that would be 21800 , however the trick is managing to go shopping and buy only what you originally went for , once things start getting thrown in the trolley , espicially at the cosmetics bit in tesco the price rockets !

parrot
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by parrot » June 16, 2012, 10:12 am

We just bought a 32" Sony KLV32BX from Homepro for 9900 Baht. The picture is superior to our 40" Toshiba.
There's one salesman in Homepro (electronics) who speaks Alaskan English. He can explain in detail the differences between systems. Even if you decide not to buy from there, it might be a good idea to stop by and compare systems with him.
The 32" Sony that we bought is on sale at other stores for 10,400-10,500.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by semperfiguy » June 16, 2012, 10:15 am

I bought two 32" Samsung LCD's in March 2011 at Big C for 10,900 each. I'm sure the prices have dropped since then, and if you shop around at Tesco you may even find a better deal on the same item. I've never seen better deals at Makro on electronics. Don't know why you would want to spring for a surround sound system if you have the TV in the typical sized room in a home here. The Samsung has a surround sound mode and I find it more than adequate for my needs.

Also, I too make sure that my shopping cart doesn't go near the cosmetic sections at Big-C or Tesco. The ladies love to load up on that over-priced and completely unnecessary crap that they see advertised on TV. If your gal has to have it, then take her to Save Mart on the Ring Road just north of Home Pro. It's in the same lot with the big gas station there. Their cosmetics and lotions are usually 25% lower than the other stores. They also sell food items and other dry goods that are priced lower than most other stores as well. I buy a particular mouthwash brand that sells for 130 for an 800 size bottle at Tesco, and I only pay 114 baht for a package of two 800 size bottles, and they throw in a free toothbrush.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by akwoodworker » June 16, 2012, 10:47 am

Hey parrot, what is alaskan english? most americans do not understand village talk. :)

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by Aardvark » June 16, 2012, 11:11 am

Must agree Samsung have a great product. My TV and Phone have never given me any trouble in the last Four Years :D

douglas
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by douglas » June 16, 2012, 11:13 am

Hi,
I'm going around looking for a LCD. T.V. at present. Prices have come down a lot lately. You should get a 32" one, given your spec., for about 10,000B. A get up and dance one with all the boys toys etc. should not cost you more than 13,000B.
I'll be getting one at the end of next month. I think i prefer the 40" ones. I think the Samsung one gets my vote, up to now. If it does go wrong under the gar. how does one get it repaired. Asked this at Tesco's. All i got was a blank look. I was told they have not got the staff to repair them in house.
Had a look at the 3D ones, expensive, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford one. Plus not for me.
Cheers Doug.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by jimboLV » June 16, 2012, 11:58 am

Samsung has very good service. We had a Samsung 32" which we bought in Udon three years ago. We then moved down here to Amnat Charoen and it crapped out, no picture sound or power. We took it to a local appliance shop and they fixed it for 1,000 baht fee. Got it home and it worked fine, for about an hour, than it crapped out again. Called the shop and they said they would send someone out to look at it. Three days later a Samsung truck showed up at the house. Two guys in Samsung shirts took the TV apart, fooled around with a soldering iron, and lo if the damned thing didn't work! Don't know what the problem was but they fixed it and no extra charge. They had come up from Bangkok and I gather they come up regularly to do warranty work for the place where we bought it. So I would think that if Udon doesn't have a Samsung repair center they might have the same arrangement. Of course, we do a lot of business with this shop. We bought three A/C's, a TV, fridge, washing machine and a bunch of furniture from them, so that may have nudged them into taking care of us.

We subsequently upgraded to a 42 inch Samsung Plasma TV which we bought at the same place for about 15,000 baht. On all our purchases they were at or below Big C's price.

lee
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by lee » June 16, 2012, 12:52 pm

I have Samsung, Sony and LG TV's and out of the 3 I prefer Sony for picture quality and ease of use. The only downside of Sony is the limited file formats it excepts via USB connection, other than that I can't fault it.

I know you're not looking for a internet TV, however if you do decide on this option in the future I found the youtube app for Sony is more advanced than Samsung's, however Samsung have a larger range of apps.

parrot
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by parrot » June 16, 2012, 2:41 pm

The Sony 32" comes with a 15month warranty if you register it online (otherwise it's 12 months).

douglas " I was told they have not got the staff to repair them in house." I don't think any of the TV stores can repair in-house. Items needing repair go to the appropriate repair facility......all the big names have repair facilities in Udon.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Which LCD TV ?

Post by Stantheman » June 16, 2012, 10:40 pm

One thing you might want to look at, I have a LED 40 inch flat screen and the picture is better then a LCD, but only get if cost is near LCD cost and on sale. Do not know any place in Udon that sells LED, just putting in my 2 cents worth of comment on a better picture quality TV. Also look at the pixel and refresh rate as 1080P with 120 hz refresh is much better then 720P 60 hz, especially when getting the larger screens.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”