Bringing Gifts for Girlfriend's family

General Udon Thani topics only!
Greg Ledder
udonmap.com

Post by Greg Ledder » July 10, 2012, 9:57 pm

When I come to Thailand I would like to bring several gifts for my girlfriend's family - perhaps a few Wrist Watches and 3 small bottles of perfume - also some Cadbury's chocolate....
Would this be allowed and would it be better to pack them in my checked luggage? Also, would the gifts be subject to customs duty in Thailand?

Many thanks,

Greg :D

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 11, 2012, 1:07 am

I have been asked to bring t-shirts (one England football team, one Harley-Davidson, and the rest Toronto, Niagara Falls, Canada), female panties on sale in a variety of colours from Aeri (7=$26), 2 pairs of Levi jeans for men (2=$96), 2 wedding rings at a quarter, and half a baht, respectively ($650), $100 Canadian in cash for the mother, dark chocolate for the young niece and nephews, and an i-phone 4 s if possible (not possible), L'oreal (Paris), one bottle of Bacardi for an Aunt, and a bottle of cheap wine for a sister. These will go in the suitcase.

This occasional trip to Thailand, which will be spent mostly in Wangthongdaeng, will occur from 23 July -24 August.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 11, 2012, 3:13 am

you should be able to get them into Thailand without a worry. They dont even check my pack..
I would wear the watches if they are expensive, but thats me, and the perfume needs to be in very small bottles, due to the restriction on liquids allowed on board planes..you could always have your bag wrapped in plastic which they do on a machine at some airports, this stops customs, and little fingers from getting in..

I bought some skateboards for the kids in the family I went to meet, but they refused to even take them, after me carrying all that way. I never did see any skateboards in Udon..little remote controlled cars go down ok with boys under 10, and I took a swag of broaches for the women folk, and I nearly had a cat fight on my hands over who got which one..so they go down well, and are small to carry..

Greg Ledder
udonmap.com

Post by Greg Ledder » July 11, 2012, 3:26 am

maaka wrote:you should be able to get them into Thailand without a worry. They dont even check my pack..
I would wear the watches if they are expensive, but thats me, and the perfume needs to be in very small bottles, due to the restriction on liquids allowed on board planes..you could always have your bag wrapped in plastic which they do on a machine at some airports, this stops customs, and little fingers from getting in..

I bought some skateboards for the kids in the family I went to meet, but they refused to even take them, after me carrying all that way. I never did see any skateboards in Udon..little remote controlled cars go down ok with boys under 10, and I took a swag of broaches for the women folk, and I nearly had a cat fight on my hands over who got which one..so they go down well, and are small to carry..
Cheers Maaka - very helpful advice! :D

Panty Hamster
udonmap.com

Post by Panty Hamster » July 11, 2012, 12:09 pm

I would wear the panties if they are expensive, but thats me...
:shock:
I would bring a few crisply folded 1000 baht notes instead.

Greg Ledder
udonmap.com

Post by Greg Ledder » July 11, 2012, 2:33 pm

Panty Hamster wrote:
I would wear the panties if they are expensive, but thats me...
:shock:
I would bring a few crisply folded 1000 baht notes instead.
Ha ha! That would be sooooo much more convenient - if only life were that simple.... :D =D> :mrgreen:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”