What's your favorite beer?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 14, 2012, 11:27 am

merchant seaman wrote:But an individual Of Beers is Budwiser.
This must be one of the saddest comments ever made on Udon Map !! :D :D
Wind up,surely ? [-X

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 14, 2012, 11:55 am

Zidane wrote: Wind up,surely ? [-X
Only if people bite. :D

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 14, 2012, 12:04 pm

The best beer available everywhere in Udon is Leo with a glass full of ice, the worst beers are the ones that are out of date. OT is happy to drink any kind of lager I'm really not fussy. Corona or San mig light with a slice of lime stuffed into the kneck of the bottle is my favourite nowdays. Burp!

OT..................... \:D/

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » July 14, 2012, 12:06 pm

Zidane wrote:Yes,Theakstons XB takes some beating......wasnt there talk of Chern Chim trying to get it in stock ?.....maybe I'm wrong. :-k
For the Belgian beers,Leffe Blonde is my favourite.
The Thai beers....I like Red Horse beer brewed by San Miguel......tastes good and is 6.8% proof.
Ayup Zid.

Theakstons XB and 10 other "real ales" in bottles are indeed coming in CC in the next few days ..as is SPECKLED HEN on draught .... waiting for the word on collection as i type .

My favourite beer .........Corona ..... a crackin Mexican bevvy

mash

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 14, 2012, 1:04 pm

Sounds like the 1st Udon Thani Beer Festival is nearly upon us :guiness: :drunk: :guiness: :lol:

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » July 14, 2012, 1:23 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Sounds like the 1st Udon Thani Beer Festival is nearly upon us :guiness: :drunk: :guiness: :lol:
Funny you should say that Statto ,,, last week i was approached by a group of gents ref a real ale tasting club/event /evening ........made all the more interesting as the group were all Thais parial to real ale in its many guises ..... so a club will be formed ....... tho dont know about a festival just yet .

mash

davecryan
udonmap.com

Post by davecryan » July 14, 2012, 4:23 pm

Zidane wrote:Yes,Theakstons XB takes some beating......wasnt there talk of Chern Chim trying to get it in stock ?.....maybe I'm wrong. :-k
For the Belgian beers,Leffe Blonde is my favourite.
The Thai beers....I like Red Horse beer brewed by San Miguel......tastes good and is 6.8% proof.
You haven't mentioned Robinson's Best Bitter [-X [-X :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 14, 2012, 5:47 pm

Or Holts (less than a quid) Mild

Bronco
udonmap.com

Post by Bronco » July 14, 2012, 5:57 pm

I would have to say,if price is not an issue,it would definitely be Guinness draught.I must agree with Jackspratt that after the first(large)one the taste isn't that important.That's why living here,I tend to drink that first one rather quickly.That being said,the taste of that first Guinness draught is one to be savored.

To me nothing can compare with a well poured pint of Guinness draught,as shown in this you-tube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15lJn1r0Mk

It truely is "Mother's Milk"

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 14, 2012, 6:27 pm

I wasn't going to nominate a "beer", but Bronco's post reminded of one I used to drink in Perth a number of years ago - unfortunately it was very hard to get.

Beamish Draft from the tap was an excellent drop, and the cans weren't all that bad either. I certainly preferred it to Guiness :guiness:
Attachments
Beamish.png

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » July 14, 2012, 6:34 pm

jackspratt wrote:I wasn't going to nominate a "beer", but Bronco's post reminded of one I used to drink in Perth a number of years ago - unfortunately it was very hard to get.

Beamish Draft from the tap was an excellent drop, and the cans weren't all that bad either. I certainly preferred it to Guiness :guiness:
Anyone ever tried an old fav of mine Old Tom ....... very dark rich stout like ale dam good but as heavy as a Russian shotputter on meat pies

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » July 14, 2012, 6:45 pm

Regarding proper temp to serve, I ran across this on the Net:

With all the different styles found in the world of beer, the question of serving temperature comes up fairly often. There are, however, very few absolute truths when it comes to proper serving temperature. Individual drinkers will have individual preferences and these might vary quite a bit from the generally accepted norms. So mainly this guide will focus on the accepted norms, and you as the drinker can take them to heart to any degree you wish.

The first thing that should be addressed, however, are two very common myths. The first is that beer needs to be served very cold. The macrobrewers want you to believe this, and here’s why. The sensation of coldness inhibits the tongue’s taste receptors. Since macrobrews started positioning their products based on any feature they could imagine besides taste, the need to neutralize taste became important. An alcohol delivery system doesn’t need taste. In fact, taste usually gets in the way. A cold refresher could be anything, and in fact alternatives like soda, iced tea or water generally have a less offensive taste than macrobrew. So again, numbing those tastebuds is important. As for what beer marketers mean when they say a beer “has a cold taste”, your guess is as good as ours. So no, beer doesn’t need to be near frozen. Good beer in fact should not be near frozen.

The other myth is that English beer is served at room temperature, or “warm”. It’s not. It is served at cellar temperature, which is between 12-14C. Room temperature is 21C. That’s a big difference.

Beer is best served in between “ice cold” and room temperature. There are a lot of generalization made about beers of different colours, most of which are false. However, when it comes to temperature, colour seems to make a big difference. Lighter-coloured beers are generally best served cold. At the warmest end are the big, dark beers like Quadrupels, Imperial Stouts and Barley Wines. At cellar temperature are English-style beers and in the middle is just about everything else.

Very cold (0-4C/32-39F): Any beer you don’t actually want to taste. Pale Lager, Malt Liquor, Canadian-style Golden Ale and Cream Ale, Low Alcohol, Canadian, American or Scandinavian-style Cider.

Cold (4-7C/39-45F): Hefeweizen, Kristalweizen, Kölsch, Premium Lager, Pilsner, Classic German Pilsner, Fruit Beer, brewpub-style Golden Ale, European Strong Lager, Berliner Weisse, Belgian White, American Dark Lager, sweetened Fruit Lambics and Gueuzes, Duvel-types

Cool (8-12C/45-54F): American Pale Ale, Amber Ale, California Common, Dunkelweizen, Sweet Stout, Stout, Dry Stout, Porter, English-style Golden Ale, unsweetened Fruit Lambics and Gueuzes, Faro, Belgian Ale, Bohemian Pilsner, Dunkel, Dortmunder/Helles, Vienna, Schwarzbier, Smoked, Altbier, Tripel, Irish Ale, French or Spanish-style Cider

Cellar (12-14C/54-57F): Bitter, Premium Bitter, Brown Ale, India Pale Ale, English Pale Ale, English Strong Ale, Old Ale, Saison, Unblended Lambic, Flemish Sour Ale, Bière de Garde, Baltic Porter, Abbey Dubbel, Belgian Strong Ale, Weizen Bock, Bock, Foreign Stout, Zwickel/Keller/Landbier, Scottish Ale, Scotch Ale, American Strong Ale, Mild, English-style Cider

Warm (14-16C/57-61F): Barley Wine, Abt/Quadrupel, Imperial Stout, Imperial/Double IPA, Doppelbock, Eisbock, Mead

Hot (70C/158F): Quelque Chose, Liefmans Glühkriek, dark, spiced winter ales like Daleside Morocco Ale.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » July 14, 2012, 7:26 pm

Good grief, look what I found!!!!

The Belgian Beverage Asian Company Ltd in Bangers.

Take a look at some of these beauties under products. La Chouffe is there along with a whole lot of others. mmmmmmm.

http://www.belbev.asia/

Phil

davecryan
udonmap.com

Post by davecryan » July 14, 2012, 8:02 pm

pienmash wrote:
jackspratt wrote:I wasn't going to nominate a "beer", but Bronco's post reminded of one I used to drink in Perth a number of years ago - unfortunately it was very hard to get.

Anyone ever tried an old fav of mine Old Tom ....... very dark rich stout like ale dam good but as heavy as a Russian shotputter on meat pies
When I was 16,in 1957, my Parents took on a Robinson Brewery Pub in Hyde, Ches. They sold Old Tom in a small wooden barrel , sat on the bar.....in those days the ale was that strong, that they could only sell 2 gills to anyone in one session. 2 Gills = 1/2 Pint =270 cc approx. It was only sold in the winter. I tried it once...had headache for 2 days.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » July 14, 2012, 10:37 pm

Philrjones wrote:Good grief, look what I found!!!!

The Belgian Beverage Asian Company Ltd in Bangers.

Take a look at some of these beauties under products. La Chouffe is there along with a whole lot of others. mmmmmmm.

http://www.belbev.asia/

Phil
Good find! =D>

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » July 15, 2012, 11:39 am

Anyone tried "Sink the Bismark" (41% ABV), or "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" (32% ABV) from the Scottish microbrewery, Brew Dog?

Not strong enough? How about "The End of History", a mind numbing 55% ABV !!! Perportedly the strongest beer in the world!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrewDog

Bubba
Every day I wake up is a good day.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » July 15, 2012, 5:21 pm

Dos Equis for - light and refreshing
James Squire amber ale - for a full flavoured beer
Cascade Stout- best tasting stout I've had
Red Horse- great drop when staying in thailand although not sold at any pubs have to buy from Tesco

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » July 15, 2012, 6:33 pm

Just enjoying a bottle of the first batch of THAI MADE CIDER ..... TNC ......THAI NUCLEAR CIDER .. DAM NICE AS WELL 70BT PER BOTTLE in CC NOW

Panty Hamster
udonmap.com

Post by Panty Hamster » July 16, 2012, 3:47 pm

Budweiser, individual of Beers.

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » July 16, 2012, 4:17 pm

Panty Hamster wrote:Budweiser, individual of Beers.
Now I know you are joking. :-&

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”