one night in udon was too much

General Udon Thani topics only!
rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » August 4, 2012, 4:03 pm

Wow, Panty Hamster, your last comment "geezers tottering...." rather surprised me!

Mostly you have written rather sensible stuff until now.

If anything, in recent years I see increasing numbers of well presented younger (younger than geezers that is) farang males in Udon, except at Soi Sampan and other places like Fuzzy Ken's where agreed there are usually a few geezers sitting around in plain sight. Though not sure if that constitutes valid stereotypes the way you posted.

By the way, what does Panty Hamster mean?

OK have a nice day!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 4, 2012, 4:57 pm

By the way, what does Panty Hamster mean?

how can this be worded so as not to upset the mods ..... If I fail you are free to delete

How about:- Something hairy that lives in panties ......... may be I will see you next Tuesday and explain

Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Post by Balthasar G. » August 4, 2012, 10:27 pm

Oh, I know the answer: a beaver! ;)
I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

jorg
udonmap.com

Post by jorg » August 4, 2012, 10:29 pm

First time i arrived in Udon was in 2007 (in the morning of April 29) and a taxi brought me to Top Mansion. Have been back to Soi Sampan(tamit) many times since then. And just like a lot of other earlier comments, i never felt unsafe there. Now i'm staying in Holland, but when i come back to Udon i'm sure i go visit Soi Sampan again.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » August 5, 2012, 10:46 am

More confidence in Soi Sampan, a new restaurant/bar has just opened up.
Called Kapow Wings, very nice friendly staff.
Opposite side of the road of Beach Bar.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » August 5, 2012, 10:56 am

The only problems i have ever eccountered on soi Sampan have been parking the car ones ,,, never felt unsafe there and the street is there for everyone to enjoy .. IF ... they choose to frequent it .

Earlier in this thread the Clock was bashed by a poster .....clearly a hatchet job as already stated , the Clock is a focal part of the area has been for years and will be for years .

mash

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 5, 2012, 11:06 am

Well said mash.

Regarding the parking. I was sitting in Seaside 2 the other day having brekky and looked at the parking opposite for Day and Night. Completely empty. For future morning visits I'm tempted to park there?.

mykthemin
udonmap.com

Post by mykthemin » August 5, 2012, 11:47 am

Careful parking in the day and night car park, I have know several friends who have had tyres let down in there, and have to agree with John, The Irish Clock is first class and the whole area in my opinion is very friendly and in coming here for 3 years every weekend I have never had any problems.

Lao-miner
udonmap.com

Post by Lao-miner » August 5, 2012, 12:20 pm

Whats the go with the little Thai nutter hangs around the shed /soi sampan ? Harmless meathead ?seen him there for years what exactly is his function, looks a bit retarded and seems a bit of a pest IMHO

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » August 5, 2012, 12:27 pm

He use to hang around the old farang alley. He and his family live around the corner fro Bubba's. They have a small business down from the older of the 2 7-11's. If you notice he is usually in clean pressed clothes. I've never known him to cause any trouble other then being a pain in the ass at times. Kat from the UP2U bar use to feed him

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » August 5, 2012, 1:10 pm

His name is Kim, and apart from the fact that he suffers with 'Down syndrome', he's harmless enough... I have quite a laugh with him actually, he understands English fairly well but as with most Down syndrome sufferers, he's a bit outspoken and certainly not shy.

Lao-miner
udonmap.com

Post by Lao-miner » August 5, 2012, 1:43 pm

Nothing against the bloke just wondered what his story was , never seen him cause any agro, and he is certainly always wearing clean clothes , good to see he,s taken care of , Wouldnt be surprised if he wonders the same thing about me when he sees me with a few Leos in me

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » August 5, 2012, 1:56 pm

He probably thinks you have Leos syndrome so 2 harmless persons down the soi =D> ,seen him many times :lol:

Anyways back to the moaning Bangerman,Stickman normally updates by 6pm so see what Trevor has emailed to him 8)

chedd44
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by chedd44 » August 5, 2012, 8:23 pm

Lao-miner wrote:Nothing against the bloke just wondered what his story was , never seen him cause any agro, and he is certainly always wearing clean clothes , good to see he,s taken care of , Wouldnt be surprised if he wonders the same thing about me when he sees me with a few Leos in me
Kim , he has a milder form of Downs , completely harmless , we give him food and drink sometimes and helps carry shopping in !! as for Stickman , I have posted an email so I hope he publishes it !

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 5, 2012, 8:51 pm

Hope you filled it full of "bulls*it" .... he seems to prefer those :lol:

chedd44
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by chedd44 » August 5, 2012, 8:58 pm

I fear I may have been too late to get anything published ( esp as there was not to much BS :-k ) but we shall see...

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » August 5, 2012, 9:11 pm

This weeks Stickman main epistle is missing, just some news about Bangkok Nightlife.

Looked at the emails nothing there regarding a response to the number done on the Irish Clock.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » August 6, 2012, 3:41 am

Cannot see Trevor's right to reply to an email obviously posted to cause harm,sad that Stickman is viewed and confirmed as a bag of fush and chups. :evil:

Anybody know what Sticky looks like :-k ,heard he is short with no redeeming features (ie no wart on nose,goatee beard,crooked teeth,walks like Max Wall) so maybe difficult to find him in Cowboy on my next trip to Bangers :shock:

leoyai

Post by leoyai » August 6, 2012, 11:48 am

Last night at 7:45 on sampantamit road there were two or more falang having an altercation.
Quite few people were watching the show.
The only thing missing was the Cyrillic signage or I'd think I was back in Pattaya!

chedd44
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by chedd44 » August 6, 2012, 3:05 pm

leoyai wrote:Last night at 7:45 on sampantamit road there were two or more falang having an altercation.
Quite few people were watching the show.
The only thing missing was the Cyrillic signage or I'd think I was back in Pattaya!
Yes there was , a reasonably well know non payer of bills was cornered and dealt with , police called and he escaped !!! moral of the story ... pay yer bill or be cornerd by the bill ...and angry bar owners ... then run away ... not much of a moral to this story !!

On Mr Stick page front , I received an apology , he has removed the name Irish Clock and is contacting the writer of the bit to get further clarification , he will publish my reply next week .....

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”