ACS Outreach - September 2012

General Udon Thani topics only!
KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » August 17, 2012, 1:17 pm

Consular Outreach: Udorn

Dear American citizens residing in the Udorn region,

The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you the location for the scheduled consular outreach visit to Udorn September 13, 2012.

Consular staff will be available to provide services on:

Thursday, September 13, 2012 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon at the:

Centara Hotel & Convention Center
277/1 Prajaksillapakhom Rd. Muang, Udon Thani 41000, Thailand

Phone: 042-343555 http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/

The following consular services will be available during our outreach visits:

-Passport renewal applications ($110.00 or Baht 3,520 for adult passports, and $105 or Baht 3,360 for a child’s passport).
-Notarial Services and Certified Copies ($50.00 or Baht 1,600). This includes income affidavits for retirees in Thailand.
-Extra visa pages ($82 or Baht 2,624). Note: we can accept applications, but the passports will have to be brought back to the Embassy for final processing the next working day. We will bring prepaid Thailand Post envelopes on outreaches that you can buy from us at cost (Baht 75) if you wish us have us mail your passport back to you. Alternatively, you can pick up your passport at the Embassy. You can also have a friend pick up your passport at the Embassy by giving them written authorization to present to us.
-Social security, VA, or other federal benefits questions will be limited, but we will try to provide forms and answers.
-Updated information regarding new Voter Registration/Absentee Ballot requirements.

Please bring exact change!

Please see http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service.html for information and requirements for each service.

Consular Reports of Birth cannot be processed during consular outreach trips.

Appointments are not necessary for consular services during outreach visits. If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or call the American Citizen Services Unit at 02-205-4049.

Link for full schedule: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/consular_o ... y2012.html

Jed
udonmap.com

Post by Jed » August 17, 2012, 1:35 pm

You think this could be the last visit here for 2012?

Seems they come about twice/year, right?

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » August 17, 2012, 1:56 pm

Jed...it is the next to last one posted on their schedule. I have no idea if they will come before next year, but here is the email to contact them if you wish to ask. :)
[email protected]

KB

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » August 17, 2012, 2:20 pm

Fiscal year ends Sept. 30. So Oct.-Dec. not covered by this schedule. Hopefully they will return in Dec. or be In Khon Kaen in Dec. I will need an affidavit of income and Sept. is too early to get it(already checked with immigration) need to get it in Dec. nd would be nice not to have to travel to Bangkok.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 10, 2012, 5:44 pm

If you need an Income Affidavit (income letter), it may be downloaded it here:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/ ... tirees.pdf
Income Affidavit

The Thai government requires all U.S. citizens with Thai retirement visas to verify their income when they renew their retirement visa annually. Please fill out the income affidavit (PDF 23KB). Please remember not to sign the form before you come to the office. You will need to sign it in front of a Consul.
http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/no ... vices.html

Jed
udonmap.com

Post by Jed » September 10, 2012, 6:49 pm

Does anyone know if there is an official format for writing a letter to be notarized?

For example, I want to say "Please close CD #xxxxx and deposit into Account #xxxxx. Yours truly, Jed..."

Possibly need a bit along the lines of the income affidavit? "Subscribed and sworn to before me this date:"? ___________

Thanks for any tips from those more experienced with these things. PM me if more convenient.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 10, 2012, 7:02 pm

Jed wrote:Does anyone know if there is an official format for writing a letter to be notarized?

For example, I want to say "Please close CD #xxxxx and deposit into Account #xxxxx. Yours truly, Jed..."

Possibly need a bit along the lines of the income affidavit? "Subscribed and sworn to before me this date:"? ___________

Thanks for any tips from those more experienced with these things. PM me if more convenient.
Jed, go to the US Embassy - Bangkok website at this link and click on the "blank form" for an Affidavit. I think this would be an acceptable format for what you wish to do. Hope this helps!

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/affidavits.html
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Jed
udonmap.com

Post by Jed » September 10, 2012, 7:12 pm

This looks perfect SFG -- many thanks.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 10, 2012, 8:03 pm

papaguido wrote:If you need an Income Affidavit (income letter), it may be downloaded it here:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/ ... tirees.pdf
Income Affidavit

The Thai government requires all U.S. citizens with Thai retirement visas to verify their income when they renew their retirement visa annually. Please fill out the income affidavit (PDF 23KB). Please remember not to sign the form before you come to the office. You will need to sign it in front of a Consul.
http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/no ... vices.html
The form needs to be printed on legal size paper (8 1/2 x 14).
UFF DA!

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » September 10, 2012, 8:12 pm

Jello wrote: The form needs to be printed on legal size paper (8 1/2 x 14).
The pdf comes up as native 8.5" x 11" as it's embedded size, so where do you get that it needs to be printed on legal paper? I would assume that a pdf provided by the Embassy/Dept. of State would be formatted for the proper size.

KB

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 10, 2012, 8:18 pm

I did it before and was told they needed legal size to put the official seal at the bottom of the page.
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 10, 2012, 8:21 pm

That was a few years ago, so I could be wrong.
UFF DA!

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » September 10, 2012, 8:44 pm

Are you sure they did not mean A4? I printed it on A4 paper because it is what you can get here, and there is plenty of room for a seal at the bottom left of the form, unless the seal is larger than ~2.5 to 3 inches.

KB

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 10, 2012, 9:14 pm

Sorry KB. :oops: Just went to look at my records. Found a copy of the Income letter from 2009 and it's on 11", it was a affidavit for something else I was doing that had to be on 14".
UFF DA!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 10, 2012, 9:20 pm

how recent does an income affadavit have to be?? I have to renew my O-A "R" visa next May.. If I get an updated affadavit at this ACS outreach will it still be good enough for Immigration next May??

tks..
Dave

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » September 10, 2012, 9:24 pm

Jello wrote:Sorry KB. :oops: Just went to look at my records. Found a copy of the Income letter from 2009 and it's on 11", it was a affidavit for something else I was doing that had to be on 14".
No problem...just glad we got it sorted out. I would hate to be told 'it is the wrong size. Go get another.' :)

KB

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 10, 2012, 10:09 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:how recent does an income affadavit have to be?? I have to renew my O-A "R" visa next May.. If I get an updated affadavit at this ACS outreach will it still be good enough for Immigration next May??

tks..
Maybe too early, I wouldn't take any chances and wasting money because Immigration won't accept it. I've been told 4 months and others have posted 6 months, seems everyone has a different experience. Anyway, ACS has been pretty good about scheduling four outreach visits in the northeast (2 in Udon & 2 in Khon Kaen) They're quarterly visits, expect the next FY schedule to be out later this month. Just to give you an idea, below is FY12 schedule

* Monday, November 21, 2011 Pattaya
* Thursday, December 1, 2011 Phuket
* Thursday, December 15, 2011 Khon Khaen
* Thursday, January 12, 2012 Ubon Ratchathani
* Wednesday, Feb 29, 2012 Pattaya
* Tuesday, March 6, 2012 Udorn
* Thursday, March 15, 2012 Phuket
* Thursday, March 22, 2012 Hua Hin
* Wednesday, June 6, 2012 Pattaya
* Thursday, June 14, 2012 Khon Khaen
* Tuesday, June 19, 2012 Phuket
* Thursday, September 6, 2012 Pattaya
* Thursday, September 13 2012 Udorn
* Friday, September 21, 2012 Phuket

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » September 11, 2012, 5:40 am

Good one Rito,I used the March affidavit for my August extension.I don't need any ACS services,but I will vist on Thursday as it is an opportunity to meet Americans that live in our area!

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » September 11, 2012, 1:11 pm

I suspect that this is another question where you will get a different answer depending on which immigration officer you ask. I once asked the question when I did my 90 day, and the officer just said "this year". I didn't pursue it any further as I had shown him the letter. Now you guys are scaring me. I had gone to Ubon Ratchathani last January when they visited, and got my letter. I have to do my extension in November so I'm wondering if there is too much of a time lag. So to use the "belt and suspenders"" approach I'm planning to come to Udon this week to get another letter. Possibly a waste of fifty bucks, but we were looking for a reason to visit to see all the new stuff you guys have been writing about, and to catch up with some friends. Oh, and also to check out Big Bubba's place. :lol:

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 11, 2012, 2:02 pm

nkstan wrote:Good one Rito,I used the March affidavit for my August extension.I don't need any ACS services,but I will vist on Thursday as it is an opportunity to meet Americans that live in our area!
Wear a name tag I may not recognize you :lol:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”