anefarious1
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow House Books

Post by anefarious1 » March 16, 2021, 8:19 pm

dunroaming wrote:
March 16, 2021, 8:05 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
March 16, 2021, 7:39 pm
Never needed a so called Yellow Book. Built a house, bought a car in my name, rented apartments, travel, marriage, yearly visa extensions. What do you guys use it for?
Proof of address
Thanks for the straight answer.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 16, 2021, 10:47 pm

Blimey that was quick! I guess that's the annual UM yellow house book war over for this year.

PS: Nice one Whistler.

gghh
udonmap.com

Post by gghh » March 17, 2021, 6:43 am

Niggly wrote:Yes, my latest yellow book is linked to Mrs Ns new tabien ban at the Udon address.
She has still got the tabien ban for Nong Han which my first yellow book is also linked to.

So I guess to answer your suggestion we both seem to have valid books for two different domiciles.
Not sure if it will prove beneficial in any way. (doubt it)
Your wife can have several books, but she is registered in 1 only.
For change in your yellow book you may read the transfer in your old book

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » March 17, 2021, 8:50 am

A foolish wild-goose chase. The yellow book is practically useless. I would never recommend anyone go through the ball-ache of getting one.

If you think it gives you some sort of "officialness" about being here and marks you as some sort of quasi-permanent resident -- ask the poor saps who got caught out of country when covid hit how much good their beloved yellow book did them. FO, you're not Thai -- you don't live here was the attitude.

You are, and will forever be, a non-immigrant. The yellow book is eyewash, and you have to dance like a spastic monkey to get it. Not worth it.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 17, 2021, 9:56 am

^ yeah, I won’t be changing anything. I like having two yellow books if only to say I have twice as many as some people.
You never know when it will come in handy TIT
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 17, 2021, 10:36 pm

This thread had me thinking long into my past.
I remember at the time of going through the yellow book process, That I had a few other items in Udon on my plate at the time. All with the help of my partner.
I only ever had a 30 day entry stamp at the airport through all this.

Applied and received with no problems,

Driver and motor bike license, never had a bike license before in my home country.
A Usufruct for my whole life on our land and house we built.
A yellow book.
An ID card.
Built a house.

I never had to air any problems, on UM or elsewhere for that matter of the difficulties but had some useful conversations with fellow expats, because any difficulties that raised their head were quickly resolved with a smile and patience. Not saying there were not a few speed humps.
But never resorted to having an attitude that “miserable old cows” were prevalent in any office. Wasn’t refused service. I’m certain some gratuity was payed at times. Never had to and never would call out any govt worker to their face, whether it be done firmly or in a friendly manner, never had to go on a public forum that can offer advice and refer to others as cowards.
Why people do this, always amazes me as to how they can do anything in life with a reasonable and quiet manner. Did not need any of these documents so I could run around town to be independent to my girl. We are a team.
But some I suppose must go through life bullying and name calling as a justification for ,whatever.
Having worked and lived for some time in both Vietnam, built 2 house there, and now Thailand working through the different local admin rules and regulation without to many hiccups, I have been able to live a reasonably peaceful and stress free existence and always tried to get on with the locals around me. Maybe I’m different.
Although I’ll have to investigate, now it’s raised, how I can get free or cheap accident care with my yellow book. That’s my next challenge. Helpful advice as always is welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » March 17, 2021, 10:59 pm

Giggle wrote:
March 17, 2021, 8:50 am
A foolish wild-goose chase. The yellow book is practically useless. I would never recommend anyone go through the ball-ache of getting one.

If you think it gives you some sort of "officialness" about being here and marks you as some sort of quasi-permanent resident -- ask the poor saps who got caught out of country when covid hit how much good their beloved yellow book did them. FO, you're not Thai -- you don't live here was the attitude.

You are, and will forever be, a non-immigrant. The yellow book is eyewash, and you have to dance like a spastic monkey to get it. Not worth it.
You make other Canadians embarrassed to be Canadian get a grip man

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 18, 2021, 8:16 am

dunroaming wrote:
March 17, 2021, 10:59 pm
Giggle wrote:
March 17, 2021, 8:50 am

You make other Canadians embarrassed to be Canadian get a grip man
Why? what he says is true . 8 years ago i got mine from amphoe phen who really did not want me to have one which made me determined to get one .
They sent me to british embassy in bkk for a non existent document . sent me to nong khai imm 7 times for a document that lasted 14 days but could never do it so had to keep going back . Went to phen office more than a dozen times and even when i got everything and went to the office for an appointment was told the officer was on holiday !
Finally got it , took me 2 years and in the last 8 years used it once to buy a motorbike. Never needed it to get my car or bike licence , never needed it for immigration , so what is it good for could have easily bought the bike in my wifes name.
Did know a guy who said he got his in udon office in 2 days no problem but for me the hassle and cost was not worth it . The book means nothing . says nothing and is good for very little

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 18, 2021, 8:45 am

went through the Nong Bua Tessaban office. Yeah, had to give the guy "lunch money" but the process wasn't particularly onerous. It took about a week for the paperwork to get processed and the guy called me to come and pick it up. So I never had to go downtown to deal with the office there.. As for Giggles I sure would like to see him doing that "spastic monkey"... Seriously though, while there aren't a huge amount of reasons for having one it does mean I don't have to go to immigration to get a residency letter.. I've used it to renew my driving license and of course a copy gets submitted for my extension to stay.. Overall, I'd say better to have it than not..
Dave

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » March 18, 2021, 10:50 am

Is it possible to get your pink ID card independently of the Yellow house book?

I got both together but would recommend people get the ID card only if its easier to get

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 18, 2021, 1:21 pm

deankham wrote:
March 18, 2021, 10:50 am
Is it possible to get your pink ID card independently of the Yellow house book?

I got both together but would recommend people get the ID card only if its easier to get
AFIK you can certainly have a yellow book without a pink card but not the reverse
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » March 19, 2021, 10:08 am

And you can certainly get a vehicle in your name without a yellow book. I did.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 19, 2021, 11:41 am

I wonder if all the people with yellow books saying it is a waste of time & useless have thought about popping back to the office & handing it back saying they don't actually need it?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 19, 2021, 1:15 pm

Had my yellow book for about 8 years
was no problem to get same as pink card
Just a bit of time
Has made getting drivers licence easier as not need letter from IMO

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 23, 2021, 12:56 pm

As I reported in the Tax ID thread here viewtopic.php?f=124&t=52726
I was asked for a blue and yellow tabien baan to get my ID number issued.

Not sure it would have been possible without the yellow - clearly a positive. 👍

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 23, 2021, 1:26 pm

Giggle wrote:
March 19, 2021, 10:08 am
And you can certainly get a vehicle in your name without a yellow book. I did.
Yes, but you would have needed a letter from Immigration, with a yellow book you do not need that extra visit.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 23, 2021, 1:42 pm

dragonz wrote:
March 18, 2021, 8:16 am
<Snip>
Why? what he says is true . 8 years ago i got mine from amphoe phen who really did not want me to have one which made me determined to get one .
They sent me to british embassy in bkk for a non existent document . sent me to nong khai imm 7 times for a document that lasted 14 days but could never do it so had to keep going back . Went to phen office more than a dozen times and even when i got everything and went to the office for an appointment was told the officer was on holiday !
Finally got it , took me 2 years and in the last 8 years used it once to buy a motorbike. Never needed it to get my car or bike licence , never needed it for immigration , so what is it good for could have easily bought the bike in my wifes name.
Did know a guy who said he got his in udon office in 2 days no problem but for me the hassle and cost was not worth it . The book means nothing . says nothing and is good for very little
Yep!
I gave up many years ago (at least 15) after 2 attempts to get the yellow book in Amphoe Ban Dung, that also included a trip to my Embassy and two trips the main Immigration Office in Chan Wattana to get their fancy red and green stamps on everything. It all bottomed out at my birth certificate (certified by the Embassy), the idiots could not come to grips with the N.S.W. government seal on it (the way it was shown on the certified translation), neither in Chan Wattana or Ban Dung. I'll can certainly live without the effin thing and their poofy pink card.

To add, no problem with the birth certificate translation marrying Mrs Dero years before.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 23, 2021, 1:58 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 23, 2021, 12:56 pm
As I reported in the Tax ID thread here viewtopic.php?f=124&t=52726
I was asked for a blue and yellow tabien baan to get my ID number issued.

Not sure it would have been possible without the yellow - clearly a positive. 👍
You can certainly get a Tax ID without a yellow book, it may be easier with one but it isn’t a requirement.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 23, 2021, 3:01 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
March 23, 2021, 1:42 pm
dragonz wrote:
March 18, 2021, 8:16 am
<Snip>
Yep!
I gave up many years ago (at least 15) after 2 attempts to get the yellow book in Amphoe Ban Dung, that also included a trip to my Embassy and two trips the main Immigration Office in Chan Wattana to get their fancy red and green stamps on everything. It all bottomed out at my birth certificate (certified by the Embassy), the idiots could not come to grips with the N.S.W. government seal on it (the way it was shown on the certified translation), neither in Chan Wattana or Ban Dung. I'll can certainly live without the effin thing and their poofy pink card.

To add, no problem with the birth certificate translation marrying Mrs Dero years before.

Had none of that nonsense getting mine from Nong Han and I was on a tourist visa at the time ( 3 month visa coming back from working in Laos for a year). Missus who was just GF at the time made a couple of contributions to the lunch money fund and paid the village boss 500 Baht to come and verify the we were living in our newly built home, but apart from that no hassles at all. I just like it so that a half wit IO has no excuses to deny any extensions.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » March 24, 2021, 3:13 pm

I just like it so that a half wit IO has no excuses to deny any extensions.
This is the myth, right here^.

Immigration doesn't give one rat's ass about any yellow books. Whether you have one or not. Where you got it, how you got it, if it's real or fake -- they don't care.

They never want to see it, and the best you'll get from them if you offer it is a contemptuous glare. It means less than nothing to them, and definitely plays no part in accepting or denying any extension request.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”