Yellow House Books

General Udon Thani topics only!
Galee
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Galee » December 24, 2013, 3:44 pm

All the paperwork was completed for my YHB about 4 weeks ago. Just waiting for the village head man to go into town and do his bit.
I've a sneaky feeling he's been waiting for his Christmas present. :D

tamada
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by tamada » December 25, 2013, 1:41 pm

Frankie 1 wrote:
tamada wrote:Assuming (?) one cannot legally have two yellow books; is there a procedure for transferring the existing book through endorsement first here and re-endorsement there? Or do they cancel one and the whole application process repeated at the new place?

Thanks,
tam
The house registration book is only valid for the specific address mentioned in the book, when you register elsewhere, the old book has to be returned. You have to hand in the old yellow book in order to get a new one.

You have to follow the whole yellow book application procedure again when you apply for a new yellow book.

The only thing different at the application was that I also had to bring the owner of the house where I moved out (the address in the old yellow book). This person had to bring blue house registration book, ID card and signed copies.
Yikes! I trust that Banglamung won't ask for a personal appearance by my ex- landlord in Udon. I assume your experience was at the Udon amphur when moving house within the area?

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Bonanza » January 20, 2014, 3:46 pm

Chriss wrote: So now all the paperwork has been accepted and it's sit and wait for the yellow book to turn up. I hope....

As a side note I did the passport and email translation using Google Translate. All translated text was good and accepted, no need to use a Thai or certified office. Thank you Google.

Hi Chris,

I too live in Kut Chap for about 3-6 months of the year ( and if you work in computers, then we have met a couple of times in the past). I'm looking at getting a Yellow House book and went to the Govt office this afternoon for the initial meeting. It all seems gobbldeegook!!

Can you remember what papers and translations you had to submit?

Thanks and regards

Nick

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by pf-flyer » February 1, 2014, 12:27 pm

I applied for my yellow book on the 29 of Jan in Nong Han. We talked to the man in charge of the office a week earlier and he gave us a list of what we needed bring and how many copies of everything that we needed to bring and he setup an appointment for us to make the application on the 29. I got the impression that it is up to the discretion of the Amphur's office as to what documentation, photos you will need and how many witnesses you will need to bring. The first requirement was at least 1 year residence in Thailand. He looked over the Visa extension in my passport. 12 Photos. My passport. Our Thai Marriage Certificate. My wife's' blue book. My Wife's Thai ID Card. One witness needed to be the Pew Ya Ban. We spent about two and half hours in the Amphur's while a clerk filled out a lot of forms interviewed my wife, the Pew Ya Ban and the two witness'. Here first question was " Why do you want a Yellow Book " I had to sign several times. She told us that they would call us in about one week.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Prenders88 » February 1, 2014, 12:48 pm

12 photos?

Mine was easy at City Hall, only two ID photos, my passport, and a translation of all the pages, lunch for the Phu Yai Baan, the officer handing them out told me the advantages of having a Yellow Book. When I moved to Nong Bua just took the old Yellow Book and got a new one in five minutes. A document worth its weight in gold, as it saves so much hassle.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by semperfiguy » February 1, 2014, 1:00 pm

Prenders88 wrote:12 photos?

Mine was easy at City Hall, only two ID photos, my passport, and a translation of all the pages, lunch for the Phu Yai Baan, the officer handing them out told me the advantages of having a Yellow Book. When I moved to Nong Bua just took the old Yellow Book and got a new one in five minutes. A document worth its weight in gold, as it saves so much hassle.
Prenders88, I've lived in Udon for nearly 4 years and had my yellow book for nearly 3 years and the only time I can remember when it became a convenience for me was when I renewed my driver's license. I opened up my bank accounts and bought a new car before I had the yellow book, and the only other times that I have pulled it out for what I presumed was official business, I had it shoved back my way with the comment "no need". Perhaps I have used it at the times I have extended my Retirement Visa, but I can't recall if it was absolutely necessary to show. Would you be kind enough to enlighten us as to any additional advantages to having the book per the discussion you had with the officer at your City Hall. I must be missing something!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Prenders88 » February 1, 2014, 1:15 pm

Thai ID number on the Driving Licence so your family are quickly tracked down if you have a fatal traffic accident.
No skin tax applied for entrance to National Parks.
Can get a credit card.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by semperfiguy » February 1, 2014, 2:06 pm

Prenders88 wrote:Thai ID number on the Driving Licence so your family are quickly tracked down if you have a fatal traffic accident.
Can get a credit card.
Thanks...so good tips there!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

socksy
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by socksy » February 1, 2014, 2:56 pm

The ID number on my Thai licences are my actual UK passport number.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Prenders88 » February 1, 2014, 4:21 pm

socksy wrote:The ID number on my Thai licences are my actual UK passport number.
Mine was the same before I had a Yellow Book.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by pf-flyer » March 5, 2014, 3:08 pm

[quote="pf-flyer"]I applied for my yellow book on the 29 of Jan in Nong Han. We talked to the man in charge of the office a week earlier and he gave us a list of what we needed bring and how many copies of everything that we needed to bring and he setup an appointment for us to make the application on the 29. I got the impression that it is up to the discretion of the Amphur's office as to what documentation, photos you will need and how many witnesses you will need to bring. The first requirement was at least 1 year residence in Thailand. He looked over the Visa extension in my passport. 12 Photos. My passport. Our Thai Marriage Certificate. My wife's' blue book. My Wife's Thai ID Card. One witness needed to be the Pew Ya Ban. We spent about two and half hours in the Amphur's while a clerk filled out a lot of forms interviewed my wife, the Pew Ya Ban and the two witness'. Here first question was " Why do you want a Yellow Book " I had to sign several times. She told us that they would call us in about one week.[/quote]

I picked up my Yellow book today.....
The Amphur's office told us about one week ago that they were waiting for a final signature.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Galee
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Galee » March 5, 2014, 3:52 pm

Your lucky. 3 months and still waiting. :?

downunder
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by downunder » March 5, 2014, 6:17 pm

I got mine today from Muang Office Non Bua in Udon. The whole process took 15days

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Frankie 1 » March 5, 2014, 8:17 pm

tamada wrote:
Frankie 1 wrote:
tamada wrote:Assuming (?) one cannot legally have two yellow books; is there a procedure for transferring the existing book through endorsement first here and re-endorsement there? Or do they cancel one and the whole application process repeated at the new place?

Thanks,
tam
The house registration book is only valid for the specific address mentioned in the book, when you register elsewhere, the old book has to be returned. You have to hand in the old yellow book in order to get a new one.

You have to follow the whole yellow book application procedure again when you apply for a new yellow book.

The only thing different at the application was that I also had to bring the owner of the house where I moved out (the address in the old yellow book). This person had to bring blue house registration book, ID card and signed copies.
Yikes! I trust that Banglamung won't ask for a personal appearance by my ex- landlord in Udon. I assume your experience was at the Udon amphur when moving house within the area?

Sorry for the late reply. It was in Kumphawapi.

Both times the whole yellow registration book process/procedure took anly a couple of hours from going into the office to apply, to getting the yellow house book (yes... the same day).

patriot
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by patriot » March 14, 2014, 4:44 am

Not sure if this has been covered yet .. and apologies if it has, but for how long are the "Yellow Books" valid. I read a little Thai but can not see an expiry date as such.

Cheers!

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by pf-flyer » March 14, 2014, 6:08 am

I just got my Yellow book one week ago at the Amphur's office at Nong Han. There is no expiration date on my Yellow book. Thai ID cards do have an expiration date. The Amphurs office at Nong Han told us that If I move to another Amphur then I must change my yellow book to that Amphur.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by merchant seaman » March 14, 2014, 6:29 am

Prenders88 wrote:Thai ID number on the Driving Licence so your family are quickly tracked down if you have a fatal traffic accident.
Can get a credit card.
Doesn't seem worth the effort for me. Utilities in wifes name, don't need a credit card,don't go to national parks, and if I have a fatal traffic accident it won't really matter to me if they track down my family or not.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

patriot
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by patriot » March 14, 2014, 7:14 am

pf-flyer wrote:I just got my Yellow book one week ago at the Amphur's office at Nong Han. There is no expiration date on my Yellow book. Thai ID cards do have an expiration date. The Amphurs office at Nong Han told us that If I move to another Amphur then I must change my yellow book to that Amphur.
Good news; Thanks :D

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by bigsnake » April 9, 2014, 9:31 am

merchant seaman wrote:
Can get a credit card.
Doesn't seem worth the effort for me. Utilities in wifes name, don't need a credit card,don't go to national parks, and if I have a fatal traffic accident it won't really matter to me if they track down my family or not.
In a Word "IDIOT"

Galee
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Galee » April 9, 2014, 9:46 am

bigsnake wrote:
merchant seaman wrote:
Can get a credit card.
In a Word "IDIOT"

Especially as in a previous comment he says "thanks, some good tips there".

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”