Yellow House Books

General Udon Thani topics only!
Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » February 13, 2008, 6:37 pm

Well these devoirce situations don't lends to ex wifes showing up to ampur with anything or to sign anything.

So I think as a part of CYA it might be a good idea to get that book, before it goes bad along with the lease.

As I read it a lease would suffice if it was registered at the amphur he has that so maybe.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » February 13, 2008, 7:12 pm

Bump wrote:Well these devoirce situations don't lends to ex wifes showing up to ampur with anything or to sign anything.

So I think as a part of CYA it might be a good idea to get that book, before it goes bad along with the lease.

As I read it a lease would suffice if it was registered at the amphur he has that so maybe.
It's possible (I had to go back and re-read all the post). Best for your friend to go to the Amphur and inquire. If it can be done schedule an appointment so no time is waisted. Also, best to take someone that can translate.

At the Amphur office, go to the information desk and they will direct you the person you need to speak to. When I went it was a gentleman and he told us what we needed to have and then scheduled us an appointment.

Here's the other thread on the process:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... sc&start=0

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » February 13, 2008, 8:29 pm

I beleive that is the current plan, so I would venture to say we will know soon.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » February 18, 2008, 5:29 pm

Well the answer is you can get a yellow book, if you have a proper lease filed without the ex wifes signature. Which was the major problem in this case. It was bit odd at first cause I don't think they had ever done it before. He was a sqaure peg for a round hole, but he has the book today with no tea money asked for.

So I think he was trail blazer on this one and if someone has to do it now, it may be simplier.

Now the next question and why he did this in the first place how does he use the book to register a vehicle in his name using just the book and no letter from immigration?

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » February 18, 2008, 6:19 pm

Sorry guys got lost before anyone could answer, so I just want to get it back in the main page

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » February 18, 2008, 6:20 pm

Glad to hear it worked out for him. Hopefully someone can answer your question regarding vehicle registration. However, I would imagine the yellow book would be accepted in lieu of the immigration letter. That's how it worked for me when I applied for my DL.

robytoby1960
udonmap.com

yellow book

Post by robytoby1960 » March 22, 2008, 3:50 am

My experience: I got the yellow tabien ban in 2003, with only copies of my passport and my wifes I.D. and her blue book,I only paid 10 BHT registration fee...since then I registered a car and two bikes in my name without any immigration docs! I sold one bike by using the same docs.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 22, 2008, 11:15 am

ok, any questions or reasons why not to get this book. it saves quite a bit of hassles. get one today. if it saves one trip to immigrations or land office for landlord letter, i think that is worth 10 baht and couple hours of boredom.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » March 22, 2008, 8:00 pm

A friend used it the other day to get hi drivers license renewed at AEK. They wanted to send out to the circus on the Khan Kean highway until he showed them the book. How this all started for him u in the first palce, He also registered his bike with no problems adn no letters from imiigartion. That is definelty worth a little effort

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 20, 2008, 9:46 am

Update on getting Yellow book. It is now necessary to get a letter from Immigration, similar to the one for obtaining driving license etc. To get this you must first obtain a letter from amphur asking immi to issue it. Amphur now ask for 4x passport sized photos as well. But as stated by others, still easy to do.
A seminar is taking place next week between amphur and immigration officials where one item on the agenda is making the possession of a yellow book compulsory to all holders of annual visas.This is to make control and tracking of immigrants for various purposes simpler. It will also make life easier for both license and car taxation offices.
I have pointed out to one of the speaking delegates that it could cut out the need for 90 day reporting.Don't know if any one will listen though.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » April 29, 2008, 4:53 pm

Went today submitted the papaer work supposed to pick up the book tomorrow, no request for immigration letter. But milage may vary this is Thialand

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » April 30, 2008, 1:45 pm

Picked it up this morning no problems at all.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » May 1, 2008, 2:56 am

Congratulatios. I had been wondering. What did you have to take with you in the way of documentation and pictures, etc?

My wife finally agreed to go to with me tomorrow, then we realized that tomorrow is May Day. Crud.

I figure that if Immigration is getting together with the Amphur, its (cynical, I know) to assure immigration's place in the food chain. Maybe after next week, this yellow book will become more difficult or expensive to obtain, so now there is an air of urgency.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 1, 2008, 10:33 am

Well I didn't notice a darn thing about immigrations at all. Now that being said I got the distinct feeling that different people handle different Moobaans. As usual that could make a difference. The guy thought I was bored so he let me look at pictures of guys that got thier book. They were all from this area. That is nothing more then a guess. I will say this he seems to be just a little happier after lunch :lol:

Ok this is to the best of knowledge this is a time I pretty much let the wife a handle everything and it worked out great..

Three photos

Your passport and visa tranlated to Thai, mine was done at Wittiaya School no problems whatsoever.

Copy of the house book and wifes ID card

You need a witness and copies of the ie hosue book and Thai Id Card.

As far as I can tell that was about it.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » May 14, 2008, 1:52 pm

Thanks for your advice. We picked up my yellow book today.

Some notes to augment Bump's post:
The 3 photos are passport size & style. Bump had said that he got his photos at a photo booth at Tesco, but I got the wrong size. Fortunately, the fellow at the Amphur accepted some photos left over from a visa extension last year.

The passport and visa translation at Wittiaya School cost me 750 Baht. Translation took a couple of days in my case. http://www.pwtranslations.com/ They are on the East side of Udondusadee Road, just a couple of few hundred meters North of the Clock Traffic Circle, L10 on the map.

There is a photocopy service available at the Amphur.

It seems best to go to the Amphur early in the day. When we arrived the first time, we were told to go away and come back the next day because they were already busy that afternoon.

Once we got everybody and all the documents and copies together, it took about an hour for the fellow to interview my wife (I just sat there and smiled), type up the affidavits, and have us (my wife whose name is on the housebook for our house, her sister as witness, and me) sign them.

Under the heading of curious:
We expected to pay 20 or 30 baht, but were never asked for it.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 14, 2008, 5:09 pm

laphanphon wrote:ok, any questions or reasons why not to get this book. it saves quite a bit of hassles. get one today. if it saves one trip to immigrations or land office for landlord letter, i think that is worth 10 baht and couple hours of boredom.
Why would you need a landlord letter?I thought yellow books were only for homeowning falangs?

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 14, 2008, 7:12 pm

if you don't have the yellow book, you actually need a landlord letter, even though i may officially be your wife in same residence.

when i traded up cars last year, went to get the fill in the blanks license/registration letter of years past, and mr happy informed me they no longer do that, and i needed a landlord letter, from land office, back to imm., then back to land office. showing him my yellow book, he still said i needed a landlord letter, from ex wife/owner of all people, as if that was going to happen. went back to toyota, and he squared it away with yellow book/passport, picked up registration month later.

why one office has to verify another gov't office doc to be verified again is a bit beyond my rational thinking. of course the landlord would have to go with you, and if you don't say you moved in that day, he is charged 1000 baht fine for not filing foreign resident in house. just lovely. 8)

it made no pratical sense to me :?

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » May 15, 2008, 1:15 pm

Hi Stan, you don't have to own the house to get a yellow book -consider for a moment that very few foreigners own their own houses and very few of them own the land, for reasons discussed ad nauseam over the years.

It seems that you only have to live in the house and have witnesses (one of which is the owner) who can attest that you really live there. Apparently, a lot of variation in the requirements exists.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 15, 2008, 2:00 pm

laphanphon wrote:why one office has to verify another gov't office doc to be verified again is a bit beyond my rational thinking. of course the landlord would have to go with you, and if you don't say you moved in that day, he is charged 1000 baht fine for not filing foreign resident in house. just lovely. 8)
it made no pratical sense to me :?
If they were all singing from the same hymn sheet it would not be so bad... But when getting DL, I followed the steps, go to police, got receipt for Tabian bann but guy in immigration didn't agree, back to land transport back to immigration and back to land transport. If it wasn't for g/f negotiating and dropping names I'd still be gong back and forward till everybody was happy... :roll: :roll: :roll:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 15, 2008, 3:43 pm

So as a renter,I take the landlord to the tessaban as a witness and I can get a yellow book?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”