General Udon Thani topics only!
Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 15, 2008, 4:35 pm

Yes

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » May 15, 2008, 4:45 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:So as a renter,I take the landlord to the tessaban as a witness and I can get a yellow book?
Stan best thing to do is drop by the tessaban up there and ask. From reading on Thaivisa each tessaban handles things differently. But most all require two witnesses that know you and can verify that you live in the house you claim as your residence.

When I got mine, almost a year ago, photos weren't required. Apparently, things change. Also, bump wasn't required to have a letter from Immigration, but the office that handles Nong Bua lamphu does. A mutual acquaintance has received the royal run around from NK immigration trying to obtain "the letter".

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2008, 9:16 pm

laphanphon wrote:if you built or bought or paid for you house, you own it, so make sure you get put on your house book as owner, not resident, will solve some landlord issues, as you don't have or need one. don't let anyone tell you in udon it can't be done, they are lying, that includes your wife or gf if she says it can't be done. the amphur office in udon will do it.
What are you calling 'house book' here? There's a blue book, a yellow book and a tibian bahn all mentioned here. Which one is the 'house book'?

I paid for and live in a house with my wife and son that was built on my father-in-law's land. What document do I need to be listed in as the 'Owner'?

Many thanks,
T

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » May 19, 2008, 7:38 am

The house book/tabien bahn; blue house book for Thai nationals, yellow for non-Thai nationals.

Bobcat

Post by Bobcat » August 14, 2008, 11:07 am

Holding tabian ban samnao (yellow one) get interest on saving account.....between 0.75 to 3 % depend the bank....Legally, Nothing for foreigners don't have it !
Yes, Frenchy !

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » August 14, 2008, 11:42 am

Bobcat wrote:Holding tabian ban samnao (yellow one) get interest on saving account.....between 0.75 to 3 % depend the bank....Legally, Nothing for foreigners don't have it !

Bulls**t, I have been getting interest on my two Bangkok bank accounts for years now. The last lot was deposited into my account on 20 June 2008. I have not updated the bank book for my other account so do not know when interest went in.

John

Bobcat

Post by Bobcat » August 14, 2008, 12:20 pm

Same for me, but i ask people about and the get me interest for one year ago !
In thai interest = Dok bia...

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 14, 2008, 3:36 pm

I have not been able to get interest since I moved from Bangkok,4 1/2 years ago!

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » August 15, 2008, 9:29 pm

I think we are getting a little off topic, but with the moderator's indulgence,

Stan, if you have a substantial sum, you can open a "fixed deposit", much like what we called a CD in the U.S. or "time deposit". Last year I was getting about 4% on my 800k retirement deposit at Krung Thai; not sure what it is now. That was 32,000 baht the first year. Not bad considering that the U.S. dollar slid at the same timeD.

In any case, I think it may be worthwhile for you to ask at another bank, or maybe even a different branch of the bank you are with now.

We now return (hopefully) to the main topic...getting a yellow housebook...

hey you
udonmap.com

Post by hey you » August 18, 2008, 5:01 pm

i have just noticed this topic. i purchaced a house in udon thani in mid june and my girl friend recieved the blue house book. we later went to the tessabarn to apply for the yellow book. i had my passport, an official translation in thai, this was done at a local shop and the translation has an official embossed seal. my girl friend had her house book and i.d. card.we then went through the form filling session and told the fee to be paid to the casher there and then. this is when my g.f. and brother told me the most important part of the application, some very nice things had to be got for the clerk and cashier to eat, and i kid you not.it seems the books are printed a a central site and mine took about 5 weeks to arrive.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 18, 2008, 5:20 pm

rickfarang wrote:I think we are getting a little off topic, but with the moderator's indulgence,

Stan, if you have a substantial sum, you can open a "fixed deposit", much like what we called a CD in the U.S. or "time deposit". Last year I was getting about 4% on my 800k retirement deposit at Krung Thai; not sure what it is now. That was 32,000 baht the first year. Not bad considering that the U.S. dollar slid at the same timeD.

In any case, I think it may be worthwhile for you to ask at another bank, or maybe even a different branch of the bank you are with now.

We now return (hopefully) to the main topic...getting a yellow housebook...
Thanks rick,I will check into fixed deposit account after this years visa renewal!As I am thinking of tempting the immigration in NK,prior to going to BK and that would save me a trip to the embassy for an income statement!

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow House Books

Post by tamada » September 14, 2008, 5:26 pm

Back off-topic. I was in a branch of the Kasikorn Bank in UTH to get some dollars and noted that the interest rates schedules showed 0.00% for non-resident account holders.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 14, 2008, 5:40 pm

i would skip that bank, even tho i only get 1.25 for basic savings, it beats 0. cd deposit of 6 months or more is, 3.25, or something like that at thanachart bank. 8)

tamada
udonmap.com

Re:

Post by tamada » September 17, 2008, 3:53 pm

hey you wrote:.... some very nice things had to be got for the clerk and cashier to eat, and i kid you not.
OK hey you, I reckon you are talking something a bit more than larb and somtam then? You had to buy them lunch somewhere? Bring the food to their office? Don't fancy turning up when I do my yellowbook application looking a total wally with some fancy plates of radnaa or kaopat alai godai so what were the 'nice things' you proffered?

Years ago in Banglamung, a bottle of Regency and a couple of cartons of Marlboro daeng got things sorted.

hey you
udonmap.com

Post by hey you » September 20, 2008, 8:55 pm

my girrl friends brother did the bying , got two boxs of food form a place called vip near udon hospital, do not know it mself. cost 360 b.

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » September 21, 2008, 11:19 am

Hey you, I'm not sure where you went to get your Yellow book?? :? When my wife and I got mine, the 'cost' was absolutely NOTHING!! We went to City Hall building to initiate the action and received the book 2 weeks later. No baht, no lunch... just smiles and good service. =D>
Stay atop the grass

loy2

Post by loy2 » September 25, 2008, 4:12 pm

And for me cost was 15 000 baht and one year in Nong Han :evil:

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » September 25, 2008, 4:30 pm

Pakawala, same here, nothing..zilch..nada!! even when we did a change of address and actually got a new tombian baan.

Pop's :pirate:

pianoman
udonmap.com

Post by pianoman » September 25, 2008, 6:00 pm

I have tried twice to get a Yellow Book for the house I built for myself and my GF here in Kalasin, but the Local Head Guy in the Land Office says that unless we are married, he can not issue a Yellow Book... I know for a fact that many unmarried Farang's have them, but I can not figure out how to Educate / Inform the local guy that he is wrong...

Pianoman

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » September 25, 2008, 6:19 pm

Pianoman, you could try finding a Thai lawyer who understands and believes in your cause and then take him along with you to explain.

I can recommend one if you wish.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”