ANY IDEAS ??

General Udon Thani topics only!
pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

ANY IDEAS ??

Post by pienmash » September 14, 2012, 7:41 am

Ayup all.

Made this new thread as some dont read the CC sponsor thread yet may have ideas ref this topic.

As some already know CC is just completing a brand new website , as a novelty /bit of a laff ive decided to incorporate a cartoon strip page ,, on the lines of Andy Capp n Flo but an expat and Thai wife scenario ,,,,,,, with story lines that relate to life here in los new stories will be added every month . All i need to do is come up with the characters names ,,,,,,,was thinking of an old fashioned name for the old man and obviously a Thai name for the young lady . ANY IDEAS FROM MEMBERS ??? ..... Burt n Bee was my first thought , but i reckon between the members we could improve on that

The strip will accessable from the CC website home page when completed and like i said it wont represent any real life couple just the story lines that crop up in a mixed Thai expat relationship ,,, cultural issues ,,, money , family issues all in a tongue in cheek way of course.

Feel free to post any ideas n character names .

Mash

KB_Texas

ANY IDEAS ??

Post by KB_Texas » September 14, 2012, 8:02 am

Frank an' Fun
Fry an' Pan (from the frying pan into the fire could be the sub-title)
Bob an' Boo

More later...

KB

Prenders88
udonmap.com

ANY IDEAS ??

Post by Prenders88 » September 14, 2012, 8:09 am

Neil and Nok
Mick and Mai
John and Jeab
Roy and Noi

Family freeloading Issan peasants.
A humourous local poof.
A racist bigot lady at the water office who hates farangs. A female Alf Garnett.
A Chinese second hand car dealer like Arthur Daley using the gift of the gab to sell shitheaps. His house is a scrapyard where he does not throw anything away.
The local Policeman who crossdresses at weekends.
Mr Sweary the overstayer.
Mr Skint living in a small room with shithouse in the corner, on a tiny pension.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

poocman
udonmap.com

ANY IDEAS ??

Post by poocman » September 14, 2012, 8:12 am

Dick 'n' Hoy :shock:

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

ANY IDEAS ??

Post by kjellsnell » September 14, 2012, 8:14 am

Cheap charlie and lek ron
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

ANY IDEAS ??

Post by semperfiguy » September 14, 2012, 9:05 am

I know a couple that introduced themselves as "aloy"...Al and Oy. Impossible to forget their names.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

farlong68
udonmap.com

ANY IDEAS ??

Post by farlong68 » September 14, 2012, 9:31 am

i second the cheap charlie and lek not

Jed
udonmap.com

ANY IDEAS ??

Post by Jed » September 14, 2012, 9:38 am

Stu & Poo.

Done & dusted.

maaka
udonmap.com

ANY IDEAS ??

Post by maaka » September 14, 2012, 9:51 am

just be careful when you are taking the mickey out of 'cultural issues ' especially when you are in Siam. Alot of locals dont see the funny side of things the way we might, indeed, they take it as an offence..

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

ANY IDEAS ??

Post by pienmash » September 14, 2012, 10:09 am

Some cracking names gents ...thanks

Having been in LOS 15 years i am aware of topics be it cultural or not that can be or should not be blasphemed wouldnt want the sausage emporium burning down would i . Theres so much material to go at ,,,,,, the story will begin with the old man meeting his sweatheart on holiday , taking early retirement from the coal mine , selling up in the pit town of Skrimshawe and moving here to "live the dream".

The characters are being invented /designed now ..........should be fun and hopefully make a few folks laff.

Any story line ideas are welcome .....thanks Mr P .......

mash

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”