NEW TOYOTA

General Udon Thani topics only!
smellyellie
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by smellyellie » September 24, 2012, 6:46 pm

Hi all,i'm thinking of buying a new Toyota.I will be putting a downpayment and paying the rest over a number of years.
I'd like any advice on doing this,for example do the prices differ from city to city and if so where is the best place to buy,thanks for any help

writemotive
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by writemotive » September 24, 2012, 7:43 pm

I bought a Hilux using my wife's federal credit rate of about 3-4% (4 years) but was told (at least in Udon) the price wasn't negotiable. The price did include the first year of insurance, window tinting and some other minor inclusions. One reason I bought the Toyota was the quality of the service center in Udon, which over the past 3 years has proven a to be a good decision. I do think cars are overpriced (or taxed) but they seem to hold their value for longer than in the west. I have appreciated the peace of mind of buying a new car and the follow up service/maintenance that keeps me feeling that way. Hope you have as good of an experience as I have had.

Panty Hamster
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by Panty Hamster » September 24, 2012, 8:01 pm

I bought a new Hilux cash-in-full in Udon Thani and the service is outrageously crap.
It's the worst new car purchase experience of my life. And I've had several.
I wanted leather seats. They didn't have any available. I asked if any nearby Toyota dealers had it available. Their response: Go to KK, NK, and find out yourself. I laughed out loud before I realized she was serious. Land of smiles? Surely it's a sad joke.
They think nothing of selling you a new vehicle and leaving the tank bone-empty. They haven't the foggiest notion of customer service. In some UM circles this is referred to as a positive cultural experience, a learning moment. One to embrace and grow from. Indeed.

parrot
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by parrot » September 24, 2012, 8:14 pm

The last Toyota we bought in Udon (2008 Vigo) came with 1 year free insurance, free window tint/wheel inserts/bedliner/rear bumper. All the extras were done by the Toyota dealer....much higher quality workmanship (IMO) than the shops near the statue circle.
After we shook on the deal and got ready to sign the first piece of paper, I asked the salesman if he had a red plate available. He said no. I said no deal. He inquired with the manager and 'found one'.

In less than a year's time, there's going to be a second separately-owned Toyota dealership in the city. I'd guess there'll be some room for negotiating a lower price or walking to the other dealer when they open.

writemotive
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by writemotive » September 24, 2012, 8:46 pm

Again, so far our experience has been a good one. We take the HILUX Smart Cab (auto-benzine) in once a year at each 10K and I wait while the service is done. I can watch if I desire the work-in-progress and it is timely and professional with all of the empty fluid containers delivered with the vehicle for my inspection. I agree, another dealer should improve price and quality of service. Time will tell...

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by JimboPSM » September 24, 2012, 9:29 pm

You don’t mention whether the purchase will be financed from funds already in Thailand or whether funds will come from overseas.

Assuming the funding will be coming from overseas, there are two areas that can increase the cost quite markedly:
  • 1. If you are going to be paying the finance by transferring funds from another country over the duration of the finance period you should consider what the costs could be of adverse movements in the exchange rate.

2. If you are making monthly payments from overseas direct to the finance company remember to add in the cost of transmission of each payment to your budget.

The worst case scenario would be a combination of a falling exchange rate tied to making monthly payments direct to the finance company from overseas.
From my limited experience there is little difference in price going from city to city.

I’ve bought two Toyotas, one from Toyota in Nong Bua Lamphu and the other from Toyota in Udon, in both cases servicing has been excellent, the only minor gripe with my last service in Udon was that they were having a problem with the car cleaning operation and the car wasn’t washed (they did apologise).

Although meaningful discounts are comparatively rare there are often some special deals on offer when there are car shows in Udon – I bought my last Toyota a few years ago during a special Toyota show where they were offering both special deals on finance and on some useful extras (always take care before ordering extras, some are cheaper from the local car spare parts shops).
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

douglas
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by douglas » September 25, 2012, 8:25 am

Hi,
Bought a Soluna Vios in 2007. A very good car. The only thing that wore out, and i had to change, up to now, is two tyres and the battery. I got it on H.P. at zero percent interest. My money back home was earning over 4 percent intrest, so why use that. also there was a five year or 100,000K warrantee with it.
I must say the service i recieved from Toyoto in Udon has been very good. And the staff there i found to be very helpful. I think the body repair shop is the best in Udon.
Will be buying another Toyota at the begining of next year. Will be looking forward to the same good service.
Cheers Doug.

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by kjellsnell » September 25, 2012, 8:50 am

Last week on Monday i had time 10.00 am for service of my commuter.....when i come there they sad i have to wait untill 02.00 even when i have make an apointment at 10.00 am........i have to give them my best "crazy farrang" behavior to have my service done before 12.00...i dont give to much for Toyota Udon....!!!

Now i am selling this car and only has 30000 km on the clock.....they offer me a ---- price (down 40%) for a car in condition like new and we all know how much they sell second hand cars for in Thailand.....Hmm
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

douglas
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by douglas » September 25, 2012, 2:18 pm

Hi,
K. If you are selling a car, and not getting another new one from the dealers, going to the dealers, to sell it, is a no no, and always has been all over the world. No matter what make of car you have.
As i have said i have had mine for nearly six years, and done over 80,000K Asked at the last service how much i would get if i wanted to buy a new car. The quote was not 40% down on the new price i paid for it. When you buy a new car, as soon as you drive it out of the garage, the resale price drops, a lot
As for servicing i have allways found it very good, at Toyota Udon. The longest i have had to wait before servicing began was 30 mins., and they said sorry for that, I always go first thing in the morning, if wife is with me we go for a meal at the garage, very good food. Then you can see when they start, or finish the service on the car.
Maybe it is your quote "crazy farrang" behavior" that is putting them off.
I hope, when you get another car, you will get the service you required. TIT.

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by kjellsnell » September 25, 2012, 4:08 pm

douglas wrote:Hi,
K. If you are selling a car, and not getting another new one from the dealers, going to the dealers, to sell it, is a no no, and always has been all over the world. No matter what make of car you have.
As i have said i have had mine for nearly six years, and done over 80,000K Asked at the last service how much i would get if i wanted to buy a new car. The quote was not 40% down on the new price i paid for it. When you buy a new car, as soon as you drive it out of the garage, the resale price drops, a lot
As for servicing i have allways found it very good, at Toyota Udon. The longest i have had to wait before servicing began was 30 mins., and they said sorry for that, I always go first thing in the morning, if wife is with me we go for a meal at the garage, very good food. Then you can see when they start, or finish the service on the car.
Maybe it is your quote "crazy farrang" behavior" that is putting them off.
I hope, when you get another car, you will get the service you required. TIT.
Douglas you dont know me!

As i said i have made an apointment at 10 am.....and i have a been driving 40 km for the service and i had to meet my doctor at 1 o clock...thats why i get pissed of. I have used Toyota for many many years and i have seen bouth god and bad things and i can tell you ...i live the Thai way her and i happy whit that but sometimes it can be a god thing to put on some farrang behavior......but i dont need that more then maybe 1 ore 2 times a year. I have buy and old more then 20 vehicles in the past. I can sort out the god ones from the bad ones. [-X
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by pf-flyer » March 13, 2016, 1:34 pm

We have a Honda City with about 75000KM. All of the servicing and maintenance has been done by the Honda Service Center out on route 2. We are planning to trade it in on new Toyota Car. We are thinking about something that is similar to the VIOS model or perhaps a Toyota 4 Door Pickup. This will be the first time we purchased a new vehicle in Thailand. Does anybody have experiences or advise ?
I had a Toyota Tacoma 4 Door 4WD back in the U.S. and I liked it very much. I hated to sell it.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

parrot
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by parrot » March 13, 2016, 2:12 pm

pf-flyer wrote:We have a Honda City with about 75000KM. All of the servicing and maintenance has been done by the Honda Service Center out on route 2. We are planning to trade it in on new Toyota Car. We are thinking about something that is similar to the VIOS model or perhaps a Toyota 4 Door Pickup. This will be the first time we purchased a new vehicle in Thailand. Does anybody have experiences or advise ?
I had a Toyota Tacoma 4 Door 4WD back in the U.S. and I liked it very much. I hated to sell it.

We've bought 3 new Toyota trucks in the 19 years here. Things I remember to do when it's time to buy:

- We've been customers of Viriyah for 19 years, so we insist that the 'free' one year insurance be with Viriyah. The saleman might balk, but insist on your choice of insurance co. or no deal.

- Don't wait until you've signed a contract to find out there's no red license plates available. Last time we bought, the salesman said, 'no have', and we said 'no deal'. He went away for a few minutes and came back with a beat up red plate that he said was too ugly for a new truck. We took it.

- Last time we bought, 8 years ago, Toyota installed the bed liner and window tint on site. They do a much more professional job (IMO) than the shops near Charoen Hotel.

- Insist on an owner's manual in English. They'll probably have to order one from Bangkok......so you'll have to wait. But they can get it.

- I'm guessing it's a buyer's market for new cars.........you might want to compare what the two Toyota dealers in Udon have to offer.

If you do buy a Tacoma, please post your experience here......we're probably in the market for another truck soon.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by Charlieb » March 13, 2016, 2:48 pm

I bought my new Camry 2 years ago from the new Toyota dealer on the ring road, SN Toyota. I have been pleased with the purchase and the service thus far. The only problem is I wish they had more English speaking staff. They have a Japanese man, Mr. Yamasaski, that speaks excellent English. You may have to ask for him as he is not a salesman but a member of management. He does seem willing to help.

At first, I went to the Toyota dealer on Rt 2. I was treated like crap there. It seemed like they did not want to sell a car to a fahlang so I told them to shove it and left

747man
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by 747man » March 13, 2016, 4:21 pm

Panty Hamster wrote:I bought a new Hilux cash-in-full in Udon Thani and the service is outrageously crap.
It's the worst new car purchase experience of my life. And I've had several.
I wanted leather seats. They didn't have any available. I asked if any nearby Toyota dealers had it available. Their response: Go to KK, NK, and find out yourself. I laughed out loud before I realized she was serious. Land of smiles? Surely it's a sad joke.
They think nothing of selling you a new vehicle and leaving the tank bone-empty. They haven't the foggiest notion of customer service. In some UM circles this is referred to as a positive cultural experience, a learning moment. One to embrace and grow from. Indeed.
With THAT Attitude,I'd have told her to " Stick It " And then gone to KK & NK....

Zidane
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by Zidane » March 13, 2016, 5:33 pm

If you are planning to use your Honda as part exchange for the new car it pays to shop around the local Toyota dealers to find out which will offer you the best part exchange price.
For instance,we found that the Toyota dealers in Nong Khai and Nong Bua Lamphu offered a better part ex deal than Udon or Khon Kaen.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by pf-flyer » March 14, 2016, 9:50 am

Does anybody know if the current license Plates on our Honda can be transferred to a new Toyota ?
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by Asiaphile » March 14, 2016, 3:32 pm

No, mai dai :(

parrot
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by parrot » March 14, 2016, 3:42 pm

Searching for an answer........it appears you can do it.....but may be a bit complicated. I extracted this piece....you can use your home translator to look it over. There are a number of other Thai forums that explore the same topic. Maybe the best bet is to go to AEK and ask them directly.

ถ้าจะเก็บทะเบียนเก่าไว้ใส่รถคันใหม่ ให้ทำดัีงนี้ครับ
1. จองเลขใหม่เตรียมมาไว้ใส่คันเก่า (หรือไม่ก็ขอเลขอะไรก็ได้ที่ว่างจดได้)
2. เมื่อจองเสร็จแล้วให้ไปติดต่อขอสลับทะเบียน
3. ในเอกสารสลับทะเบียน แจ้งว่าจะขอสลับเลขใหม่มาใ่ส่คันเก่า
ส่วนเลขทะเบียนของคันเก่าจะนำไปใช้กับรถจดใหม่
4. รอดำเนินการระหว่างขนส่งใหญ่กับพื้นที่ประมาณ 2 สัปดาห์ (มั้ง)
5. เมื่อสลับทะเบียนแล้วเจ้าหน้าที่จะคืนเอกสารให้สองชุด
ชุดแรกเอาไว้รับป้ายทะเบียนใหม่มาใส่คันเก่า อีกชุดจะเป็นเอกสาร
ที่ใช้ยืนยันว่าเราได้แจ้งขอสลับเลขทะเบียนเก่าไปใส่กับรถจดใหม่แล้ว
6. เมื่อรถใหม่มาก็เอาเอกสารชุดนั้นยื่นประกอบการจดทะเบียน
ใช้แทนใบจองเลขทะเบียนใหม่ครับ
7. เมื่อรถเก่าได้ืเลขทะเบียนใหม่แล้วก็ขายได้เลยครับ

ถ้าจะซื้อรถมือสอง ง่ายที่สุดคือโอนคันใหม่มาก่อน
เมื่อสองคันเป็นชื่อคุณ ก็แจ้งสลับทะเบียนได้เลยครับ

แต่ถ้าไม่สะดวก คือต้องขายคันเก่าก่อน ง่ายสุดก็คือขอเลขใหม่ไว้เพื่อใส่คันเก่า
แล้วแจ้งสลับทะเบียนว่าจะสลับกับคันใหม่ ซึ่งจะไปซับซ้อนนิดเดียวว่าจะสลับตอนไหน
แล้วตอนนั้นมันเป็นชื่อใคร (สลับก่อนโอน หรือหลังโอน ไม่ยุ่งมากครับ)

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by Brian Davis » March 14, 2016, 6:37 pm

Charlieb wrote:...... The only problem is I wish they had more English speaking staff.
Very recently bought a Honda B-RV from the dealer on the Khon Kaen Road. I've had excellent customer care from a youngish guy called Wasun, who apparently taught himself a pretty good standard of English. What he wasn't able to answer himself, he found out. It hasn't happened often here (finding someone with good English and customer care awareness), so it made the whole process so much easier. Good luck to him if, with Honda having several new or revamped cars, he's doing well on commission.

JohnG
udonmap.com

NEW TOYOTA

Post by JohnG » March 16, 2016, 1:10 pm

pf-flyer wrote:Does anybody know if the current license Plates on our Honda can be transferred to a new Toyota ?
No.

The transferable plates referred to elsewhere are plates sold at auction, where you have the choice of a black-on-white number or one with the province 'logo' / picture, which can be transferred within the province or kept 'off-car' for up to three years.

Only available for cars / 4 door pick-ups with black-on-white numbers (not 2 door, space cabs, mini-buses, etc).

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”