Obama v Romney debate

General Udon Thani topics only!
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 24, 2012, 7:20 pm

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Romney has looked very good, and very presidential. He could well pull off the victory as it seems that many voters in the U.S. are disappointed in Obama. I think the polls show them still neck and neck.

I thought the village idiot was the peanut farmer from Georgia although he was very well-meaning.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by KHONDAHM » October 24, 2012, 11:16 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:Romney has looked...very presidential.
And that, my friends, was what got us the village Idiot in 2000. Well put. =D>
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

fatbob
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by fatbob » October 25, 2012, 12:45 pm

What about the Republican candidate Richard Mourdock's statement, pregnancy resulting in rape 'is something God intended', all I can say is God help us all if we have the backward thinking war mongering Republicans calling the shots again.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 25, 2012, 6:33 pm

Don't worry about it, there is no God.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by JimboPSM » October 25, 2012, 8:21 pm

coxo wrote:What about the Republican candidate Richard Mourdock's statement, pregnancy resulting in rape 'is something God intended', all I can say is God help us all if we have the backward thinking war mongering Republicans calling the shots again.
It was only a day after Governor Romney endorsed Richard Mourdock that the Romney campaign once again demonstrated its ease and expertise with the full flip by having to distance itself from Richard Mourdock – although at the same time it should be noted that Governor Romney has (so far) failed to actually rescind his endorsement.

If it were just Richard Mourdock it might not be too bad, but when you add in the likes of Todd Akin and Joe Walsh, and then go on to consider the legislative links with rape legislation that exists with Vice Presidential nominee Paul Ryan and Todd Akin it is a scary prospect indeed for US women.

It beggars belief and becomes even scarier when you consider that anyone so massively ignorant on science such as a dinosaur like Todd Akin could actually be on the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology – yet he is.

It is no wonder that the obsessional religious zealotry of angry white men with dictating what women can and cannot do draws unflattering comparisons of the GOP with the Taliban.

The GOP has become a case study in what happens when the lunatics start running the asylum – one has to wonder why it is impossible for sincere, sane and rational republicans (and there are many) to gain leadership traction in today’s GOP?

As a case in point, before Governor Romney eventually managed to win (or should that be buy?) the nomination it should be remembered that at various times that the following (declared and undeclared) contenders were leading the polls for the 2012 GOP presidential nominee:
  • As declared candidates:
    • • Michele Bachmann
      • Herman Cain
      • Newt Gingrich
      • Rick Perry
      • Rick Santorum
  • As undeclared candidates:
    • • Sarah Palin
      • Donald Trump
In a lighter vein, Governor Romney appears to have more positions than are found in the Kama Sutra - he has shown that the missionary position can be a highly effective protection against the dangers of lead poisoning :shock:
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

KB_Texas

Obama v Romney debate

Post by KB_Texas » October 25, 2012, 9:26 pm

The issue here is one of logic, which seems to escape many of the ilk of Mr. Mourdock.

-- It is "God's will" that the woman gets pregnant from a rape.

Does it not therefore follow that it was "God's will" that she was raped in the first place? So now rape is a form of evangelical expression? WTF?!?!?!

This total and utter lunacy, and the reluctance of the Republican leadership to distance themselves from it, is just too bizarre for words! That some of them sit as elected members of Congress, and on important committees, is just mind boggling!

KB

parrot
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by parrot » October 26, 2012, 9:11 am

What's bizarre to me is that a woman would even consider voting for that way of thinking.

But then, Nicole Simpson could have walked, but she didn't.

Back to Leave It to Beaver....in this episode, Ward loans Beaver a dollar. I'm not sure how the episode ends, but I've been told Beaver starts a company called Bain and that results in the shutting down of his dad's workplace.

KB_Texas

Obama v Romney debate

Post by KB_Texas » October 26, 2012, 9:34 am

parrot wrote:What's bizarre to me is that a woman would even consider voting for that way of thinking.
Ditto...
Back to Leave It to Beaver....in this episode, Ward loans Beaver a dollar. I'm not sure how the episode ends, but I've been told Beaver starts a company called Bain and that results in the shutting down of his dad's workplace.
But only after Beaver lends his dad's company 50 million dollars at 30% interest, and rakes in the money before the company goes belly up because it cannot service it's debt, so Beaver starts a new company in China and forces Ward to train his Chinese replacement. ;)

KB

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 26, 2012, 6:41 pm

Where is Eddie Haskell in all of this? Without him, there is no story and no moral lesson to be learnt.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by KHONDAHM » October 26, 2012, 7:27 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:Where is Eddie Haskell in all of this? Without him, there is no story and no moral lesson to be learnt.
Eddie Haskell - archetype and all - is running for Republican VP.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 26, 2012, 7:32 pm

No, that's Whitey, and the Democrats have Lumpy.

S00161
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by S00161 » October 27, 2012, 1:05 am

Romney wone the 1st debate outright and the otehr 2 were more of a draw then anything else.

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by gudtymchuk » October 28, 2012, 10:28 am

Opps! The "Big O" looses another endorsement. http://www.desmoinesregister.com/articl ... ck_check=1
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by bamakmak » October 28, 2012, 4:46 pm

The Des Moines Register endorsing Romney should be deeply concerning to all the die-hard democrats out there. This newspaper had endorsed EVERY Democrat presidential candidate going back to Jimmy Carter in 1976!

Jed
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by Jed » October 28, 2012, 6:11 pm

I have to say everything I've been reading -- and that's a lot -- has surprisingly given me pause for many reasons.

Not only for the things he has NOT done, but for some of the things he's done that seem to have actually advanced Bush's agenda. Who would have imagined that 4 years ago?

And will he be able to get anything done in a second term? Maybe a wake-up call is coming before Hillary steps up in 2016?

Or maybe Jill Stein, who seems to have some good ideas, though no chance thanks to the Electoral College.

I really don't like Romney, and all that I think he says sometimes he might stand for; but...

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Obama v Romney debate

Post by pienmash » October 28, 2012, 6:16 pm

Folks must remember the US economy was already heading into ressesion when the 0 took over from George Dubya ,,, he has just speeded up the process imo ,,,,,,

As for Rommers ,,,,, watched a nausious rally speech last night on the telly nearly brought up my lunch ,,, not sure hes the man ,,,,,,and im very wary of private Ryan alongside him .

So as Bruce Buffer says .......its time ....... i just get the feeling most AMERICANS WISH THEY HAD ANOTHER CHOICE as was in the British election ...

mash

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by akwoodworker » October 28, 2012, 8:12 pm

There are 5 candidates for the job, the bought and paid for media only covers the two meatheads.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 29, 2012, 12:33 am

It seems that the first debate is the one that is still resonating with U.S. voters. Whilst Obama seemed to be asleep or at least had better things to do, Romney showed himself to be competent, humane, agreeable and a leader instead of the devil incarnate, which some people had portrayed him to be.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Obama v Romney debate

Post by pienmash » October 29, 2012, 8:36 am

Very rare to see the US election lose top billing on the news networks ,,,,,,as Sandy the megastorm moves in ,,,, just proves there are more things in life AND MOTHER NATURE INDEED RULES........ even after the huff n puff from both O bee n Rommers failed to blown Sandy out the sea.

parrot
udonmap.com

Obama v Romney debate

Post by parrot » October 29, 2012, 1:22 pm

"There are 5 candidates for the job, the bought and paid for media only covers the two meatheads."

I think the media became vegetarians after covering the likes of Bachmann, Cain, Santorum, and Perry. They were covered.....more than adequately......and perhaps with the exception of Santonum, much more than any of them deserved.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”