Farang punches 8yo boy.. Do you know this man..?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 19, 2013, 10:19 am

tamada wrote:
harmonyudon wrote:Perhaps an idea that all establishment managed by farangs hang up a picture of this man, requesting more info about his identity and adress.
Oh FFS! A 'Wanted - Dead or Alive' poster like in the spaghetti westerns?

"I've come for the man that shot my Paw...."

Yeah! Great idea! Knock yourselves out guys!

You can always try and get a life afterwards.
I'm tending to lean this way myself. The offender MUST know by now he is in the limelight, gone into hiding and hopefully considering the errors of his way. Seeing as though the BiB are not interested IMHO it's time to but this thread to bed.

BTW. The last person I want to side with here is Mr Harmony ---- Is that an oxymoron?

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » April 19, 2013, 10:22 am

tamada wrote:
harmonyudon wrote:Perhaps an idea that all establishment managed by farangs hang up a picture of this man, requesting more info about his identity and adress.
Oh FFS! A 'Wanted - Dead or Alive' poster like in the spaghetti westerns?

"I've come for the man that shot my Paw...."

Yeah! Great idea! Knock yourselves out guys!

You can always try and get a life afterwards.
Ok, online no problem but in the real world its undone. Good to know.
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » April 19, 2013, 10:22 am

A ridiculous idea ,,,, reverting back to the wild West and Clint Eastwoods fist full of Dollars or was it For a few dollars more ??? ... a serious issue YES but far too much air time ,,,, let it calm down close the thread then in a week or so the perp will be back on the streets of his own accord on his daily routine , he may even grow some balls and go apologise to Fred and his son , something he wont consider with "A PRICE ON HIS HEAD POSTER " ,,,all this has done is to put him into OBL or SH mode hiding in a cave somewhere ....

Hsam

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 19, 2013, 10:28 am

jai yen yen wrote:You forget that this is Thailand and it is their country with their ways. We should not expect them to change for us. Most foreigners are trying to fit in, telling kids not to squirt a farang is telling him we are not part of things. I myself don't go out during Songkran unless I have to or want to get involved. If I get wet I know that is part of it.
Before I comment, let me say that I in no way approve of the behavior of this farang who offended the 8 year old boy. However, I will argue that just because we are living in a country with different customs than our own doesn't mean that it is always wise to participate in all aspects of the culture. Albeit the Songkran Festival is a big deal here, but that doesn't mean that it is safe to be involved in the festivities. It's a personal choice and I personally think that it is a childish, foolish and an extremely dangerous activity and I make it a point to stay in my home until it passes each year. If I were living in Spain you wouldn't catch me out "running with the bulls" each year. If I were in Chile you wouldn't catch me out in the midst of La Tomatina being pelted with tomatoes. Everyday life is full of danger as it is without purposefully putting oneself at the forefront of risky situations when it is not necessary and when one has a choice in the matter. As a young boy I was taught to never point a toy gun at an individual under any circumstances. I distinctly remember having my butt whipped on more than one occasion for squirting other kids with a water pistol, so I learned the hard way. Every wise parent should be teaching their children the same principal. So, how does one reconcile telling a child to never point a toy gun at a person, but then at Songkran tell him that it's okay to point a water pistol or rifle at a person? That's a pretty confusing message for a child, and as parents we need to remain consistent with our teachings. Every year at Songkran there are many people who are injured in their eyes from these water guns. If the Thais want to be fools, then let them have their folly. But for me and my house we will be using common sense judgement on such matters. Wisdom always takes priority over "fitting in" no matter where one lives!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » April 19, 2013, 10:38 am

The question of the OP is, do you know this person? Here and elsewhere vid and pictures are shown and the whole world can look at it.Till now nobody seems to know who this man is. Only an idea to do something more in the real world (not ol) is undone.

Just a pict with for example, do you know this man, please contact xxxxx, tel xxxxxx

May I differ from your opinion? I even did it for a missing cat of a nabor in Adunyadet.
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » April 19, 2013, 12:22 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:You forget that this is Thailand and it is their country with their ways. We should not expect them to change for us. Most foreigners are trying to fit in, telling kids not to squirt a farang is telling him we are not part of things. I myself don't go out during Songkran unless I have to or want to get involved. If I get wet I know that is part of it.
Before I comment, let me say that I in no way approve of the behavior of this farang who offended the 8 year old boy. However, I will argue that just because we are living in a country with different customs than our own doesn't mean that it is always wise to participate in all aspects of the culture. Albeit the Songkran Festival is a big deal here, but that doesn't mean that it is safe to be involved in the festivities. It's a personal choice and I personally think that it is a childish, foolish and an extremely dangerous activity and I make it a point to stay in my home until it passes each year. If I were living in Spain you wouldn't catch me out "running with the bulls" each year. If I were in Chile you wouldn't catch me out in the midst of La Tomatina being pelted with tomatoes. Everyday life is full of danger as it is without purposefully putting oneself at the forefront of risky situations when it is not necessary and when one has a choice in the matter. As a young boy I was taught to never point a toy gun at an individual under any circumstances. I distinctly remember having my butt whipped on more than one occasion for squirting other kids with a water pistol, so I learned the hard way. Every wise parent should be teaching their children the same principal. So, how does one reconcile telling a child to never point a toy gun at a person, but then at Songkran tell him that it's okay to point a water pistol or rifle at a person? That's a pretty confusing message for a child, and as parents we need to remain consistent with our teachings. Every year at Songkran there are many people who are injured in their eyes from these water guns. If the Thais want to be fools, then let them have their folly. But for me and my house we will be using common sense judgement on such matters. Wisdom always takes priority over "fitting in" no matter where one lives!
Yes, than you should stay home during Songkran.

Isaanfarang
udonmap.com

Post by Isaanfarang » April 19, 2013, 1:54 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
Isaanfarang wrote:It is not a secret that most foreigners don't like that Songkran procedure!

If I am living with a child in Thailand, I would teach him/her not to squirt water on foreigners except they run around with a water gun also. This would be for kids own safety. There are enough locals to "play", kids and adults.
With 8 years my son in Europe was old enough to understand lessons and arguments.

But if I run a business I sure would tell my children to keep away from watering my own customers, all nationals!

I know many guys who stay at home all these days because they don't like that way of fun, but must go out for a meal sometimes. Then they think a restaurant is a safe place and might get back home dry, but they are wrong.
It's an irony that the man in the video has not shot with the water gun by a child from the street but from the restaurant owner's son.
This is not an excuse for the bloke's rude behavior but whatever happens, I always try to understand the reaction of boths sides.
You forget that this is Thailand and it is their country with their ways. We should not expect them to change for us. Most foreigners are trying to fit in, telling kids not to squirt a farang is telling him we are not part of things. I myself don't go out during Songkran unless I have to or want to get involved. If I get wet I know that is part of it.
You misunderstand my post. I have absolutly nothing against the customs in this country and don't apply to change anything! I mostly stay at home on Songkran daytime, watch it on TV and never had/have any problems.

But if I, a western man, would run a business targeted on mostly western customers and have a son who might be half Thai, my boy should find his satisfaction on Songkran somewhere in the town, but never on MY FOREIGN CUSTOMERS who feed me and my family!
How many people might read here without posting anything but creating her own mind about the owner of this restaurant? I believe it would have been a better decision to have a very private talk with the boy instead of starting a manhunt on the customer....

welshwizard
udonmap.com

Post by welshwizard » April 19, 2013, 3:20 pm

I have downloaded ,blow up watched this video and watched it with my wife and her daughter and we are all of the same opinion ,the boy squirted him in the back and he turnd round ,fingers pointing upwards palmed outwards to stop the water but caught him in the face a little . Not a judge or jury in the world would convict him from this and that is why the police are not interested. My wife and family cannot believe what you are all saying to do to this guy.
Traumatic effect 555 yeh sure same when he goes to school and the teachers whack him on the head with a stick (which i have witnessed many times ) and he gets beat by the bullies which infest thai schools (again seen a lot inclding stitches and fractured skull )
If you see this guy do not tell the self righteous gits who he is and destroy his life for a misdemeanor.
ps. I stopped at a shop the other days and saw a woman beating a little girl 3\4 yrs old with a chunky peice of bamboo. She hit her onto the floor and kept hitting her and even kicked her. I stopped her and threatened to beat her. If any of the self righteous gits wants to kill or beat this woman who done a far worse thing than that old guy pm me and i will tell you were she lives

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » April 19, 2013, 4:46 pm

welshwizard wrote: do not tell the self righteous gits who he is and destroy his life for a misdemeanor.
OT will not destroy this awful mans life forever. However I am, without hesitation, going to deck him. If he cannot control himself then nor can OT.

OT................. \:D/

jim beam
udonmap.com

Post by jim beam » April 19, 2013, 5:04 pm

old-timer wrote: OT will not destroy this awful mans life forever. However I am, without hesitation, going to deck him. If he cannot control himself then nor can OT.OT................. \:D/
This man is bound to know people are after him in Udon and he may have armed himself to protect himself from the vigilantly gangs that say they are going to "make him pay"...(that's what I would do). He maybe be in the possession of a hand gun or at least a knife... Anyone going up against him could get seriously hurt or worse... Maybe killed. Beware of this the people wishing to take the law into their own hands...

Jim Beam

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 19, 2013, 6:19 pm

just as he might be a luddite who doesn't use the internet so is totally clueless.. He could walk back into the Clock this evening... What then?? His face the dance floor and the Clock's usual clientele doing an Irish clog dance on it?? Or perhaps more a Keystone Cops theme?? He walks in.... the crowd screams "that's him!!!" "Get Him!!" and a mob growing to hundreds chases the clod across the city.... Better than SongKran!!
Dave

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » April 19, 2013, 6:22 pm

freddyv7 wrote:There are no WHAT IFS OR BUTS. A person who is Canadian or American left my restaurant at 1120 am yesterday.

My 8 year old son Joseph was enjoying playing Songkran outside his house & this fat fxxK who incidently is not 6'6" but less than 6' got sprayed with a water pistol & turned round & plastered my sons nose across his face.

2 hours at hospital confirmed his nose was not broken.

1 hour at the BIB wasted, no interest shown.

Video to come , hopefully tomorrow.

Any help greatfully received, any snide comments, keep them to yourself.

Cheers.

Fred.
Easiest just to requote Fred's post,any help appreciated. 8)
Jim Beam,no vigilante groups,the bloke does not need to arm himself with a gun, then he is taking the Thai law into his own hands :shock: ,have you been watching The High Chaparral series recently :-k

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » April 19, 2013, 6:34 pm

Agree. What if O/T he decks you first? Or are you a kung foo expert?

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » April 19, 2013, 7:56 pm

this same topic is getting locked on the other forum in a 1/2 hour from now

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » April 19, 2013, 8:09 pm

Lock it !Enough enough!
Anyone spot the suspect can get in touch with Fred at Irish Clock.

freddyv7
udonmap.com

Post by freddyv7 » April 19, 2013, 8:22 pm

To whoever it is that can lock it here, please do so.
I posted to get help in finding the arsewipe that PUNCHED my son in the face. His blood is still visible on the pavement.
Thank you very much to all of you that have given constructive help.

To ALL of the others that have called into question my parental abilities & the authenticity of my place of business, also my families home What can I say. Come & speak to me, you know where I am.

Cheers.

Fred, Som, Joseph 8 year old & Daisy 9 months. For those out there that think Joe is too big you can always have a go at Daisy. She cant walk yet so it should be an easy fight.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”