Will the ARMY step in again

General Udon Thani topics only!
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 3, 2014, 4:04 am

Furthermore, she is a beautiful lady and that should count for something.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » February 3, 2014, 6:32 am

and shes rich, from a rich family, her brother was the former PM, so its not as if she / they are newbies...somehow I tend to think big bro was never in it for the people, more for the money and status, and working things for the boys..even when Siss, the novice, came along, she did got voted in, first woman PM and all that..many thought she would fall, but she actually wasnt to bad mixing it with the men at Asean , OPEC and CHOGUM...Still my rice growing mates didnt like her, they knew what they were up too...if she had ditched big bro, and his idea to get back, and instead went her own way, perhaps she might have been there awhile....not that I give a rats arse...

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 3, 2014, 9:24 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:Furthermore, she is a beautiful lady and that should count for something.
That's funny I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

It went much better then I expected, there will be a follow up election some time this month. There was no violence reported in Udon, so I will let the wife go to the next one

In watching News Asia (TV) they has an hour long special on it. They said the Democrat have not one an election in 20 years is that true?

If that is the case maybe hey should spend their time learning how to get elected, cause they sure didn't endear themselves to many around here.

Now we will see where it goes from here,there probably tired by now maybe they will take a break.

The down side I see is the limited power the interm Government has, is not helping the Country or it's citizens.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/multimedia/t ... the-nation

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 3, 2014, 9:45 am

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 3, 2014, 10:35 am

funny how the media always belabors the trope, "Bangkok middle class" as being the bulk of the anti-government elements along with the southern Thais. What is the "middle class" in Thailand these days?? I've got relatives that live near Bangkok, transplanted Issan working at decent wages in a good factory.. They've got a truck, a house, and in my eyes are "middle class"... Perhaps "upper middle class" might define the anti-government elements? Or is it "Sino-thai middle class"??

It is ironic that it appears a lot of support for the anti-government elements comes from the career government bureaucracy that has endemic corruption within it... I know of a number of retired educators within Issan who are avid Blue Sky viewers yet have regaled me with stories of how as school administrators they got piles of tea money for school seats....
Dave

wilson_smith
udonmap.com

Post by wilson_smith » February 3, 2014, 10:40 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:Furthermore, she is a beautiful lady and that should count for something.
only if you remove the "o"
"she is a beautiful lady and that should ______ for something." :oops:

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 3, 2014, 5:56 pm

Well it's not over yet, no surprise there right? Mine was just wishful thinking heck everyone deserves a day off :roll:

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=52e ... u91aPtEJBM

Farmers didn't get a day off either. Sadly it doesn't look like a caretaker Government can do a thing for them. Oddly enough I don't think they will like selling their rice at the real market price either. The truth is you have support agriculture people have got to eat. Maybe someone will find a better way. I do my part don't grow any rice [-X

Posted Today, 06:54

BREAKING

Farmers close Bangkok-South road to demand payment for rice
By Digital Content

Major roads from/to Hua Hin, Samui, Phuket and the whole of Southern Thailand affected

RATCHBURI, Feb 3 – The road linking Bangkok and Thailand’s South was completely blockaded in Wang Manao sub-district today in a strengthened protest by disgruntled farmers who demanded the government’s payment for the rice they have sold.

The farmers from six southwestern provinces of Ratchburi, Kanchanaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchburi, Nakhon Pathom and Samut Songkram wanted the government to pay for the rice they have delivered under the Yingluck Shinawatra government’s rice pledging scheme.

Rama II Road was closed on both sides at kms 83-84 in Wang Manao sub-district of Pak Tho district, disrupting traffic between Bangkok and 14 southern provinces.

Farmers said the road would remain blocked until they received payment from the government.

More farmers and supporters of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee have joined the rally which was kicked off Saturday. (MCOT online news)

-- TNA 2014-02-03

Doesn't sound like Suthep has any intention of backing off. Sooner or later something has to give.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... thaugsuban
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

rreddin
udonmap.com

Post by rreddin » February 3, 2014, 6:18 pm

"Doesn't sound like Suthep has any intention of backing off".

I have been harbouring the suspicion for while that Suthep is not in total control. I doubt he really has any control over the students and none over the rice farmers. Perhaps he has decided that it is better to appear guilty rather than appear impotent.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 3, 2014, 6:33 pm

You might be right

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 3, 2014, 7:15 pm

I think that the Democrat leadership to include Suthep certainly are involved in the various farmers' road blockades. Those road blocks are all in Dem areas.. Thai PBS mentions that the PRDC is shoulder to shoulder with the farmers and setting up kitchens near the road blocks.. http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/farmer ... m-highway/ To me it appears a closely coordinated campaign starting with Suthep (and his 9 minions) resignation from parliament last year with all efforts directed toward unseating the government..
Dave

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 3, 2014, 7:26 pm

rreddin wrote:"Doesn't sound like Suthep has any intention of backing off".

I have been harbouring the suspicion for while that Suthep is not in total control. I doubt he really has any control over the students and none over the rice farmers. Perhaps he has decided that it is better to appear guilty rather than appear impotent.

Obviously, Suthep has powerful backers or else he would not have been able to get away with his illegal activities.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 3, 2014, 8:03 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
rreddin wrote:"Doesn't sound like Suthep has any intention of backing off".

Obviously, Suthep has powerful backers or else he would not have been able to get away with his illegal activities.
I guess it brings into question whether or not Thailand is truly a democracy, when such backers seem to have the final say in what is to happen, or not happen. :-k

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 3, 2014, 8:05 pm

Yes, which begs the question, 'What's it all about, Alfie?'.

Yet, there are enough Thais now demanding their right to vote to give encouragement to the idea that Thailand can be, will be, is, a democracy of some sort.

rreddin
udonmap.com

Post by rreddin » February 3, 2014, 8:44 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:Yes, which begs the question, 'What's it all about, Alfie?'.

Yet, there are enough Thais now demanding their right to vote to give encouragement to the idea that Thailand can be, will be, is, a democracy of some sort.
You know what its all about, but we can't talk about that.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 4, 2014, 7:15 am

IMHO, If Suthep and his string pullers had not started this crap in the first place the government (good or bad) would have been able to pass the necessary legislation to have the farmers paid and they would have been no problem.

Whether more asre than good management Sutheps timing was perfect.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 4, 2014, 9:37 am

Don't we really have the same thing in the states, just in a different way, Lobbyist. The big boys can effect what happens there as well. Democracy is messy business.

But, here they risk life and limb just ponds in the big game.

They are investigating businesses that are backing the PRDC. I'm not so sure they can do much about that.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 4, 2014, 2:22 pm

This may get interesting if he follows through.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... o-director

Sounds like things with the farmers may heat up as well.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... on-bangkok

at least things are going OK this direction.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... -shipments

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 4, 2014, 5:40 pm

Well they got tough on one protestor a farrang.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politic ... 26025.html

This really misleading Phua Thai didn't get as many votes as they did in the last election, I suppose not not as many people voted.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... it-in-poll

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 5, 2014, 8:48 am

Suthep vows to shut down all Government offices. When you check Thailand today it's like the perfect storm. You need to check out the thread is the Thai Government broke thread to get a really complete feel for what is going on. The question now is what happens if they finally arrest protestors, or is all talk?

Thailand is getting hit in ways I didn't even imagine from all this.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... ver-rating

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 5, 2014, 11:00 am

Farmers to up the pressure tomorrow

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/702 ... paign=news

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”