Will the ARMY step in again

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 26, 2014, 6:40 pm

117 Army check points sit up, might to late now. The arms may already be in place

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... in-bangkok

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

rreddin
udonmap.com

Post by rreddin » February 26, 2014, 11:51 pm

bumper wrote:117 Army check points sit up, might to late now. The arms may already be in place

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... in-bangkok
Following the arrest of the serving member of the Royal Thai Navy who was an armed PRDC guard, any activity by any branch of the thai military will be viewed with suspicion by many. Claims to being strictly neutral will be tested. Failing that examination will be like pouring gasoline on a smouldering fire.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 27, 2014, 8:59 am

You have that going on an the so called water melon soldiers and police. :-$
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 27, 2014, 9:20 am

This would be real gas on the fire and very possible. It will either create a lot violence, or they may simply form a new political party and get re elected. Lets hope for a new part. There will be violence how it will go I don't know

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-2 ... gnate.html

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » February 27, 2014, 10:19 am

rreddin wrote:Following the arrest of the serving member of the Royal Thai Navy who was an armed PRDC guard, any activity by any branch of the thai military will be viewed with suspicion by many. Claims to being strictly neutral will be tested. Failing that examination will be like pouring gasoline on a smouldering fire.
bumper wrote:117 Army check points sit up, might to late now. The arms may already be in place
Or: "The army (Navy) may already be in place" ? :-$ ;)

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 27, 2014, 1:22 pm

Dangers of civil war.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politic ... 27923.html

The farmers seem to be getting hit from all directions.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... ng-attempt

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 27, 2014, 6:34 pm

Suthip agrees to talk to Yingluck. But, look at the conditions.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep ... -yingluck/

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » February 28, 2014, 1:32 am

Suthep's offer is that if Yingluck agrees 100% with his terms, he will talk with her. Not very realistic.

pimples
udonmap.com

Post by pimples » February 28, 2014, 2:49 am

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 28, 2014, 7:27 am

Yep, the offer was refused within an hours yesterday. I believe the right thing for her to do. What Suthip is looking for is even possible in Thailand now. The Phua Thai may have lost some support. But, they still have plenty.

The Criminal Courts over ruled the civil courts yesterday and the arrest warrants of arrest are now are again enforceable. Something I don't understand why go through a civil court in a criminal matter in the first place. Maybe that is just how things work here I don't know. Will the emergency degree become enforceable again?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... inal-court

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 28, 2014, 7:43 am

I believe it's time for the Phua Thai to tell the E.C to take a hike. Pay the farmers and let the chips fall where they may. They can always form a new party. Not to mention they can tie this up in court for years and have lots of time to work things out to their advantage. If the EC considers what has happened now to end up in a fair and open election, the need to share what they are smoking. They are the ones who abandoned the election posts. Now they want to call the shots that comes under the heading of B.S. to me.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... yment-plan

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... sale-tanks

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 28, 2014, 12:03 pm

bumper wrote:I believe it's time for the Phua Thai to tell the E.C to take a hike. Pay the farmers and let the chips fall where they may. They can always form a new party. Not to mention they can tie this up in court for years and have lots of time to work things out to their advantage. If the EC considers what has happened now to end up in a fair and open election, the need to share what they are smoking. They are the ones who abandoned the election posts. Now they want to call the shots that comes under the heading of B.S. to me.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... yment-plan

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/new ... sale-tanks
You are right again, they don't call it amazing Thailand for nothing.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 28, 2014, 4:31 pm

Very little news about Violence today, that's different.

pimples
udonmap.com

Post by pimples » March 1, 2014, 2:45 am

suthep has thrown in the towel and given up on his quest to remove YL latest news

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 1, 2014, 6:03 am

It's over? Suthep has announced the barricades are to be removed by tomorrow, the 2nd March, except for Lumpini where they will keep a tent! All the demonstrators will go back home and to prove it I understand the taxi has already been booked :-" Now lets hope Suthep will do the honourable Asian thing and fall on his sword. \:D/
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... 28129.html
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » March 1, 2014, 6:57 am

TB

Old saying goes like this - "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" and I ain't seen no fat lady running around those stages. The plan is for the protestors to consolidate their operations to lumpini where they will set up a number of stages to continue their push to have YL and the rest of her corrupt government out raking leaves or moving sand somewhere (preferrably in some far off land).
I'm not an expert on Thai constitutional law (not sure many people are) but I believe this caretaker government is about to run out of steam as their is no parliament and she is facing impeachment if she doesn't appear before the NACC in about 15 days. It's my understanding that she cannot remain in this caretaker status indefinitely. Her cronies (some 300+) are also facing criminal charges of corruption etc re: the now quite obvious terribly failed rice pledging program which has left the country in a severe financial situation. They are discovering that lots of money has been illegally siphoned off to Hong Kong and how much remains in the "honorable" goverment idiots pockets remains to be seen but I suspect a lot. There should be no reason why there is not enough money to pay the farmers without trying to borrow some if everything was run above board. An inspection of a rice warehouse in Pittsanoulok (sp) turned up some 20,000 sacks of rotted rice and thats just the beginning. Many farmers have stated openly they do not want thir rice back because it's loaded with pesticides & fungicides. Now who out there is going to be interested in buying this crap when lots new Vietnamese rice will be on the market shortly at a much lower price then what the Thais want for their rotted lot.
I believe the only one going to fall on his/her sword is the not so great Mr T.

The army seems to be preparing for the worst setting up hundreds of checkpoints around the city. I don't see a military coup in the cards but fully expect the possibility of increased violence as things progress.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 1, 2014, 7:24 am

This may be the lull before the storm, I don't know. There is still one faction we haven't seen much of The Red Shirts.

With all it's corruptness, there are still millions that support it. Loans for rice was nothing compared to what they planned to borrow for infrastructure.

Having watched this play out I'm not Pro or anti anything. At best they will end up hopefully the better of the bad.

If the money is going out of Country an I'm not saying it's not. The SET Market has not only held up through this. But, made gains. The down side it can go out just as fast as it was out in. Foreigners remain net sellers.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » March 1, 2014, 7:38 am

Nice post Mike but appears to be more full of hope(Possibly yours) than any reason .My own hope however is that with Sutheps obvious failure to carry out his masters wishes we can get back to honouring the government democratically chosen by a vote from the people, rather than one appointed(forced) on them by a dictator who you , rather surprisingly as an American in my view, seem to support . :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » March 1, 2014, 7:55 am

TB

I'm not sure of who you're referring to when you say 'his master's wishes". I'm also not sure what difference the fact that I'm an American. I see no dictator present in this equation. Be that as it may if you really believe that this less than capable YL group of yahoos led by a convicted criminal is going to go back into business again as usual then you're much more gullible than I took you for. Yes I do support their desires for a better government - in whatever form they choose - than what has been play acting the role over the past number of years to the detriment of the country . There are far more factors making up a democracy than an election.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 1, 2014, 8:32 am

Protests over for the weekend. But, per Suthip the fight isn't over.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... -shut-down

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”