earthworms

General Udon Thani topics only!
Rono
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Rono » December 1, 2013, 9:29 am

Hi There,
I am Rono and live in Samprauw.
I would like to reach Bumper, to buy 1kg or so worms for fishing. Would like to have them all year round, and breed them myself, because it looks like nowhere in udon you can get worms all year round.
Anyone knows how to contact Bumper. Or can Bumper himself answer this post, I believe you/he started breeding last year.

Arosolius
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Arosolius » December 2, 2013, 7:51 am

I bought earthworms from Bumper. Just send him a private message and he'll reply to you.

Rono
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Rono » December 3, 2013, 3:43 pm

Thanks Arosolius
I will try to send him a private message

Rono
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Rono » December 3, 2013, 3:57 pm

Well; I tried to contact Bumper, but I am not (yet??) allowed to send private messages. Too new and not too active on this (or any ) forum.
I do hope Bumper will(can) contact me one of these days

Arosolius
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Arosolius » December 3, 2013, 5:39 pm

I've sent a private message to Bumper telling him you're in the market for worms.

Rono
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Rono » December 4, 2013, 9:08 am

many thanks arolius

Rono
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Rono » December 4, 2013, 11:33 am

hi, Arosolius,
Thanks again.
And I do not mind, have not much to hide -:) one of my email addresses is [email protected] If this can speed things up a lttle; No problem at all

Arosolius
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Arosolius » December 4, 2013, 5:58 pm

Hi Rono

I've passed your email address onto Bumper

Rono
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Rono » December 5, 2013, 9:39 am

many thanks arosolius

bumper
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by bumper » December 10, 2013, 5:16 pm

Rono I may have enough to supply you. But I think you would be better off to contact, contact Fergus in Roi Et. that is his business. Bait I can supply. But, if you want to set a farm better to use Fergus. He sends via bus in one day. He supplied mine and was very helpful.

[email protected]
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Rono
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Rono » December 11, 2013, 9:26 am

Hi Bumper ,
thanks for your reply. Yes I would like to start a small "worm farm" of my own. Just for bait year round. OK I will try to contact Fergus. I did look first to find the worm farm in Khonkaen or Roi Et. But could not find a contacting address. All I could find was in Pattaya , Bangkok and some university, all to far from samprauw. So thanks for the email. I will mail them right away

bumper
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by bumper » December 11, 2013, 12:58 pm

Try the e-mail first if that doesn't work I will try to find his phone number. Easy guy to work with and honest.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Rono
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Rono » December 12, 2013, 10:23 am

Bumper, I already received an answer on my email to Fergus Ferguson. So now I can go on and order a kg of a mix; red worms and African night crawlers. Yes he'' ll send by bus Hope everything goes well as I will start them in those plastic stackable bins.
Thanks, Bumper and Arosolius

bumper
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by bumper » December 12, 2013, 12:07 pm

That is how I started the first time as well. Lost them all

What worked for me was cement rings put in shady spot. Lined it with the ant chualk doesn't take much for whatever reason the ants won't cross and they will kill the worms.

Fergus feeds his with manure. He also washes that first before giving them to them. That cost me my second batch.

Worms eat a lot, I'm not sure household items will be enough to support a kilo.

We have found a lady who gives us left over cabbage disgards we also feed them our mushroom clippings.

You have t keep the worm beds damp. worms breathe through their skins and they need dampness to do that.

I found the cement rings to be the best. Just a few thoughts, hope they help.

Maybe you will have better luck with the plastic containers then I did who knows.

Good luck

maaka
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by maaka » December 12, 2013, 2:20 pm

my neighbour has one of those black plastic rubbish bin things, which lifestylers get for a small worm farm to eat the household food scraps, but he swears by the ' worms wee ' or the juice that comes out the holes in the bottom, as brillant for growing his plants..better than horse, sheep, or cow dung apparently..but hes Mr Mulch, seaweed, lawnclipping, straw bales, worms wee's...every weekend all I hear from the block next door is mulchers, mowers , and chainsaws..he gathers the native seedlings from the forest, grows and sells native Palm trees at a couple hundred bucks a pop...maybe there is something in that for you fella's..

Rono
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Rono » December 12, 2013, 3:42 pm

many thanks folks.
Bumper thanks a lot also. Now I better understand why you stated in one of your post that starting the worm business costed you dearly in the beginning. I will sure take these advises to heart. For instance I happen to have three of those cement rings in the back yard. But I was afraid they were to high (70 - 80 cm)

bumper
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by bumper » December 12, 2013, 5:00 pm

What Fergus's real business is selling the castings. (Can't think of the proper name right now) He sales world wide and it ain't cheap.

You can build tumbler to seperate the castings from the soil. But, his a big operation. Far beyond what I do.

I took a drive up to see his operation it was impressive.

supposed to be the best fertilizer you can get.

The liquid if you gather it, so strong so have to delute it to use it.

Lots of information about it on the internet.

Just do a search on worm farming.

If I were closer to Bangkok I could sale or use mushroom packets for 1/2 baht each since the worms love it. Better then just throwing them away. We3 use them for feed also along with the other things I mentioned. Me I just want some bait :pirate:

Rono
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by Rono » December 13, 2013, 8:28 am

hi,
The same here Bumper, I just want some bait together with the regular ram+bread+coconut etc.. So I think with a small worm farm I can have it all year round. I've done internet search about worm farming, but there is also a lot of BS about that on the net, so one have to be careful to sift out the good stuff from truly experienced worm farmers.
But I will give it a try. One thing I am hesitating now is about the 1kg. That seems to be an awful lot of worms to begin with.

bumper
udonmap.com

earthworms

Post by bumper » December 13, 2013, 8:41 am

They reproduce very fast, seems like every sixty days. The eat more then their body weight each day.

My plan is to just to remove them and use them dirt around the trees. I started with potting soil, so that should pretty rich by now.

If you want to experiment with them. Bait worms sale for one baht each. (same as the Thai's sale bait for) A few hundred I can do and not mess up my plans. I will say this I killed the first two kilos till I figured out what I was doing.

You want some mushroom packets, to feed them. Just come and get them I have thousands.

if you want I can handle something like that. But, Fergus is the man, who really knows this stuff.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”