Fair warning ... Latest Tea money hustle

General Udon Thani topics only!
Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » December 17, 2013, 12:25 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote: A very good point noosard ...tho many members wont believe it DM is actually of an age where i can just ... thats just remember a time where there were very very few mobile phones , and the folks that did have one were quite strong as the phones and their batteries were huge !! ..

dm
The benefits of amnesia.

Mobile phones must be one of the most belittling products known to man.
Wherever you go you will see people sat with friends and instead of talking to their friends they are on the phone, texting or checking in on Facebook.
My assumption therefore is the other person is more important than the one they're sat with.

wiking
udonmap.com

Post by wiking » December 17, 2013, 6:23 pm

yes you are right

but this is not only thais

look 4 old farang men by a table - and a telephone is ringing - they answer the telephone instead off speaking with the freinds around the table - oh I have to leave - my GF come in from the ricefield only to see me ???????!!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 17, 2013, 7:06 pm

Thanks DM for as usual for pointed points which by the way i will ignore, a moan is moaning about actually having to pay what could appear to be a scam and a whinge is actually stating a fact about a situation, which i hasten to add many Thais do as well especially about the sin the centre of town and for you to trawl through and find out what I said about something else entirely shows that you are hell bent on trying to prove me wrong, surely you have better things to do, I may decide to do the same but on second thoughts I will not even waste my time. Soirry to disappoint you you can tyalk to yourself and anyone else who cares to listen about what I said. I do not really care. As for living elsewhere, I like it here and shall stay if that's ok by you of course, and as for speaking only negative things well you really should get out more and stop trying to belittle me. i do more for Thais here than you could even begin to comprehend .
Bye

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 17, 2013, 7:18 pm

So Paul, please put us out of our misery (with Christmas rapidly approaching) - are you a heathen, or not a heathen? :-k

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... en#p355783

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » December 17, 2013, 7:29 pm

Re. police checks and "police checks", there is a difference. If there is a proper check with cones, police cars and several officers, fine. I dont get stopped often anyhow. But the personal, one cop waving me to stop, I will just ignore him and carry on. He just wants to steal my money and I wont accept that.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 18, 2013, 4:05 am

Nope.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 18, 2013, 6:32 am

Car cam stops tea money when stopped if not doing anything wrong

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » December 18, 2013, 9:15 am

I must be the odd ball I haven't seen any tea money in years, in Udon. They write out the ticket it's not tea money
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

faranginUTH
udonmap.com

Post by faranginUTH » December 18, 2013, 9:17 am

you never heard of a printing shop?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 18, 2013, 8:55 pm

noosard wrote:Car cam stops tea money when stopped if not doing anything wrong
Yes spot on car cams are very useful in cases of accidents and or being stopped by the BIB ... another way to avoid the check points is to to travel on very cold nights ... did not see one policeman between 11pm thru 6am all the way from Udon to Bkk last night ,, it was bloomin chilly tho !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 18, 2013, 10:24 pm

drove down to Rayong and back last week. Went through half-a-dozen active Police checkpoints.. I was never stopped although I saw plenty of Thais being pulled over with the BiB checking their clipboards.. Probably getting them for speeding where the BiB clocks them about 6km down the road and radios in their tag numbers.. I keep my speed below 100km and obviously didn't have a problem..
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 19, 2013, 5:56 am

Just an after-thought, while we are talking about tea-money scams, may i reinforce the statutory warning that at this time of year, the BIB will be looking for and probably finding all those who decide to dabble in a drink or two before wending their way home, whether it be cars or motorcycles.
There is no doubt that they will be out in force and that as , it has been reported fairly widely that a goodly proportion of their testing machines are faulty or badly calibrated, then it is drinker beware.

If you are going to drive don't drink and based on my experience you are still over the limit the following morning and that the local BIB know this as well. The mad days are ahead of us, so drive safely and soberly , also do not forget no matter how careful you are, it is the other drunk driver that causes the damage and more often then not it is the innocents who end up paying the ultimate price while the drunk just staggers away.

If some people think this is a negative post then rethink your attitude, this is fact even more here than in our own countries as the locals have a death wish when it comes to driving add drink and possibly other illegal substances it is accidents waiting to happen may it not happen to anyone here, even though I know many DO drink and drive and some even boast about it.

realist

Post by realist » December 20, 2013, 12:36 pm

It ought to be a 2000 baht fine for using a mobile whilst driving and if caught 3 times licence gone for good.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » December 20, 2013, 4:49 pm

A lack of licence has never prevented a thai from driving.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 20, 2013, 8:44 pm

nor a lack of driving skills... All that is required is a vehicle to "point" since many don't "drive"...
Dave

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”