"Tis the Season" or the Prodigals return

General Udon Thani topics only!
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 28, 2013, 9:02 pm

Macca wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
Macca wrote: Seriously, some people are just that desperate to be accepted by their local community :D :D :D :D
And others seem desperately unaware that they are no longer living in their "local community". :roll:
Sorry but I have been living in local communities since I was 18. In countries you wouldn't dream of visiting let alone have the balls to stay there.

From your statement I assume you accept the things that used to shock you. Your choice I have a different approach.

Drink driving, overloaded motorcycles, domestic abuse, corruption etc etc the list goes on.
All, in your words acceptable, because the locals have been doing it for generations.

We all have are standards.
Your "standards" (and perhaps "balls") seem to be clouding your comprehension skills ie please feel free to point out where I have stated drink driving etc are acceptable.

But look up the term "socially" (as it relates to the OP) before you do so.

Cheers

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » December 28, 2013, 9:15 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Your "standards" (and perhaps "balls") seem to be clouding your comprehension skills ie please feel free to point out where I have stated drink driving etc are acceptable.

But look up the term "socially" (as it relates to the OP) before you do so.

Cheers
Glass house and stones.
If you are going to be so sensitive when someone dares to question your authority may I suggest you more careful in your initial accusations.

"it would never have occurred to me to come on to a farang forum to whinge about what the locals have been doing socially for generations, and even more so"

Whinge, what whinge? I said "I really can not see the benefit to anyone".

By the same account you said "would never have occurred to me to come on to a farang forum to whinge about what the locals have been doing socially for generations" agreed, such as drink driving. I assume you, as the locals do, drink for social reasons or am I missing something.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 28, 2013, 9:20 pm

Macca wrote:
.............. or am I missing something.
Yes.

You also seem to have overlooked/forgotten this comment in your earlier post:
I have been to many Thai weddings, parties, fairs etc and every time amazed by the volume of noise individuals make with absolutely no respect to others.

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » December 28, 2013, 9:22 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Macca wrote:
.............. or am I missing something.
Yes.

You also seem to have overlooked/forgotten this comment in your earlier post:
I have been to many Thai weddings, parties, fairs etc and every time amazed by the volume of noise individuals make with absolutely no respect to others.
Please stop, you're really make a fool of yourself now.
OTHERS......NOT me.

Sorry for not being more elaborate. I was referring to those in the vicinity (that's local area) and not those who were attending, "I have been to many....." the event
0/10 for reading skills

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » December 28, 2013, 9:37 pm

Without entering the current fray,

Question:

Why do all the guys here all sound like a 100 year old Cyndi Lauper when they sing? :badteeth:
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 28, 2013, 9:49 pm

Ah! .......... I get it now.

The "others" (ie the locals) don't seem to be complaining about "a hell of a racket", "monotone announcements" or "volume of noise" (in my experience of village life- and it seems, Parrot's). To the contrary, they seem to readily accept and look forward to it.

But it is you who (not exclusively) comes on here whinging about benefits and respect.

Gimme a break.

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » December 28, 2013, 9:58 pm

jackspratt wrote:Ah! .......... I get it now.

The "others" (ie the locals) don't seem to be complaining about "a hell of a racket", "monotone announcements" or "volume of noise" (in my experience of village life- and it seems, Parrot's). To the contrary, they seem to readily accept and look forward to it.

But it is you who (not exclusively) comes on here whinging about benefits and respect.

Gimme a break.
You clearly have learnt nothing in your time here.
Even those who have lived in the country a short time are aware that the Thais do not like confrontation.
Have you never been on a mini bus going to fast and amazed that no one complains, or looked at the current political situation where the Issan people just seem to accept they should be treated as lesser individuals than those in Bangkok, the every day aspect of corruption that is just the acceptable norm.

Just because they "readily accept it" doesn't mean they like it.
I have never said anything regards wanting or deserving "benefits or respect" so please stop clutching at straws by changing my words.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 28, 2013, 10:13 pm

Macca wrote:
jackspratt wrote:Ah! .......... I get it now.

Gimme a break.
You clearly have learnt nothing in your time here.
I have, at least, learned there is no point in coming on to a farang forum whinging about the noise levels around a Thai village. Others could do well to make the same realisation.

The rest of your post, following along the previous few, contains a mixture of red herrings, lack of comprehension, and general nonsense.

Good night.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 28, 2013, 10:14 pm

redwolf wrote:Without entering the current fray,

Question:

Why do all the guys here all sound like a 100 year old Cyndi Lauper when they sing? :badteeth:
Perhaps the "guys just wanna have fun". Boom boom. :D

Alchai
udonmap.com

Post by Alchai » December 28, 2013, 10:20 pm

It seems to me that a whole bunch of forum members should consider re-locating. This type of topic is quite frequent and nothing good ever comes out of it! :(
We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » December 28, 2013, 10:34 pm

Right at this moment the noise is absolutely deafening !(Nong Sam Rong)
Like loud noise coming from the room next door!
Really full volume! So ignorant!
Hope dont continue too long! I'm tired
Mai mee tahng !

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 29, 2013, 1:15 am

You have lived here long enough, don't you know how to play morlam and luk thung by now? If you have achieved that level of competence, go over and join them, I am sure they would be happy to have you join in.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » December 29, 2013, 7:57 am

would you like some cheese to go with the whine?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 29, 2013, 8:08 am

Well it is not the loud music or other noises , you expect that and after 11 years one does become tolerant to a degree, what really annoys me and my ears, is the fact that despite Thais having good music, very capable players of instruments, they seemingly lack an ability to sing in tune, as I have said LOUD music, OK
Loud speakers with the bass turned up so high that the house shakes ...OK
BUT singing out of tune at high volume hurts my ears and is something I hate to have to listen too, and what is more they either have no idea or that they are all deaf.
The question I would ask is why do they sing out of tune ? The vast majority do. answers on the back of a postage stamp thanks.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 29, 2013, 8:11 am

Khun Paul wrote:Well it is not the loud music or other noises , you expect that and after 11 years one does become tolerant to a degree, what really annoys me and my ears, is the fact that despite Thais having good music, very capable players of instruments, they seemingly lack an ability to sing in tune, as I have said LOUD music, OK
Loud speakers with the bass turned up so high that the house shakes ...OK
BUT singing out of tune at high volume hurts my ears and is something I hate to have to listen too, and what is more they either have no idea or that they are all deaf.
The question I would ask is why do they sing out of tune ? The vast majority do. answers on the back of a postage stamp thanks.
They can't do anything else well, so why would we expect them to be able to sing?
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » December 29, 2013, 8:50 am

Isn't there one thing your wife does well?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » December 29, 2013, 9:56 am

Jeez. There are some saddos on here. As stated earlier, F#*k off back whence you came then. Pick up trucks with loud hailers @ 6am, music too loud, out of tune singing, blah blah, etc etc. FFS get a life!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 29, 2013, 10:17 am

So i guess i struck it pretty lucky. have only complained once in 3 years when during a party a pickup truck with the boom boxes attached stopped in front of the house - wasn't so much the noise - it was shaking the house apart! Otherwise, except for the twice a year all night official party, all parties stop around midnight as mandated and noise rarely to loud. the weekly village news is about 7am; not an issue. As for the sellers driving up the street, well better the noise than them knocking on your door, and how else are they going to get peoples attention?.

Only thing that disturbs my sleep are the soi dogs. But that is just a 15 minute howl-in and only keeps me awake sometimes. But one day i will get a gun ....

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » December 29, 2013, 10:43 am

Semperfiguy,(aka Alwayswhinging), wrote: .........They can't do anything else well, so why would we expect them to be able to sing?

On the contrary, your hosts have been doing very well indeed over the past several years tolerating your ignorant never ending rudeness and insults about them and THEIR country. :evil: :roll: [-X

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 29, 2013, 11:18 am

mathusalah80 wrote:Semperfiguy,(aka Alwayswhinging), wrote: .........They can't do anything else well, so why would we expect them to be able to sing?

On the contrary, your hosts have been doing very well indeed over the past several years tolerating your ignorant never ending rudeness and insults about them and THEIR country. :evil: :roll: [-X
Some things never change...those preaching tolerance spewing intolerance...blah, blah, blah! [-X [-X [-X
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”