Road toll

General Udon Thani topics only!
Paladin
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by Paladin » January 2, 2014, 9:14 am

Re: seven dangerous days ? day 5
Wed, 01 Jan 2014 07:12:09 GMT - Thai highway death toll reaches 266 on fifth of seven New Year's holidaysBANGKOK, Jan 1 -- Two hundred sixty six people were killed in road accidents throughout Thailand during the first five days of the "seven high-risk New Year?s holid...

parrot
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by parrot » January 2, 2014, 9:04 pm

Five people died in an accident in Wang Sam Mo วังสามหมอ (SE Udon province) when their Vigo pickup struck a tree then ran into a drainage ditch around 10:00PM on 1 Jan. The truck was submerged in deep water for over an hour before rescuers arrived. According to the preliminary investigation, the 5 had been at a party and were intoxicated. Police said that it appears some of the dead tried to escape from the submerged truck but were unable to lower the windows as the electrical system shorted out when it hit water.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/393196

747man
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by 747man » January 4, 2014, 12:41 pm

Final Death Toll according to Bangkok Post was 366 People..

douglas
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by douglas » January 4, 2014, 6:02 pm

Hi,
Why don't people think. In a car etc. when using a seatbelt you should always carry a good knife, if you go underwater this can save your life, by cutting your jammed seat belt. Also carry a hammer it can be used to break windows to escape. Trying to break a window in panic, is a hard job, without a hammer. Cheap to do and not rocket science.
These were taught to me before I took my advanced driving test. I took the A.D,T, to save 30 percent on my insurance back home.

Allen A Hale
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by Allen A Hale » January 4, 2014, 10:30 pm

Douglas has a good suggestion regarding a knife. A year ago I had the opportunity to break a car window from the outside. IT IS NOT LIKE IN THE MOVIES. I broke the handle off of the hammer. I tried many times with a tire iron to no avail. Finally on about the third thrust in pretty much a full rage with a digging bar (about 12 kg with a chiseled point) I broke the window. I can not imagine how it would be from inside the vehicle submerged in water or with the vehicle engulfed in flames. There is a special product available in the USA a sort of emegency tool that is a combination seat belt cutter and hardend pointy tip hammer for breaking windows. It is small and easily fits in a glove box. I am fairly sure that it is made in China (isn't everything) so it may also be available here.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by Aardvark » January 5, 2014, 6:38 pm

All of the above would be illegal to carry in a Vehicle in Australia. Don't know about Thailand .....

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by jackspratt » January 5, 2014, 7:47 pm

Aardvark wrote:All of the above would be illegal to carry in a Vehicle in Australia. Don't know about Thailand .....
Can you let these people know, Aardy:

http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--122150 ... ammer_Tool

747man
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by 747man » January 5, 2014, 8:08 pm

Aardvark wrote:All of the above would be illegal to carry in a Vehicle in Australia. Don't know about Thailand .....
Mark, Doubt if ANYTHING is illegal here............. :-k :-k

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by Aardvark » January 6, 2014, 5:20 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Can you let these people know, Aardy:

http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--122150 ... ammer_Tool
I can assure you Jack that if you were pulled over and found with some of those pieces in the Boot of your Car you would have some explaining to do. You may be able to buy them legally (like a bong) but it doesn't mean you can use them. If you want to come here and try it I'll send my Brother in law over to read you your rights ....

fatbob
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by fatbob » January 6, 2014, 5:49 pm

Why are trade tools illegal to carry? How doe's a carpenter, plumber get there tools to the job?

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by Aardvark » January 6, 2014, 6:32 pm

coxo wrote:Why are trade tools illegal to carry? How doe's a carpenter, plumber get there tools to the job?
Tradies usually have a Ute with Lockable Boxes and of course you would expect them to have these Tools. In your Sedan or Hatch if you had say a Knife, Machete or some Tool with a specific purpose for a Trade, and you weren't actively Employed in that Trade, then you would be seriously questioned about there necessity. I'm not talking about a Drill or such thing but stuff that can be used to Harm or Break in to a premise. Use Common sense. Anyway, don't get sucked in to Jack trying to exert his (Troll) wisdom on everything. It's quite boring in Bandung ;)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by jackspratt » January 6, 2014, 7:09 pm

Aardvark wrote:
coxo wrote:Why are trade tools illegal to carry? How doe's a carpenter, plumber get there tools to the job?
Tradies usually have a Ute with Lockable Boxes and of course you would expect them to have these Tools. In your Sedan or Hatch if you had say a Knife, Machete or some Tool with a specific purpose for a Trade, and you weren't actively Employed in that Trade, then you would be seriously questioned about there necessity. I'm not talking about a Drill or such thing but stuff that can be used to Harm or Break in to a premise. Use Common sense. Anyway, don't get sucked in to Jack trying to exert his (Troll) wisdom on everything. It's quite boring in Bandung ;)
Aardy, making things up may work on the other forum.

I note you haven't supplied any evidence to refute the website I linked.

Here, you will generally need to be able to support any outlandish claim you make - including as it applies to Oz.

Get used to it. :D

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Road toll

Post by Aardvark » January 7, 2014, 8:50 am

Nice to see your still active on the other channel :D

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”