buying land

General Udon Thani topics only!
Jai
udonmap.com

buying land

Post by Jai » January 9, 2007, 9:53 am

Hi Guys
I am sure this has been covered before, but being a computer blond I can not seem to locate it----so please point the tread out to me. I am going to buy land here in the next 2-3 weeks and am looking for
1/ A good solicitor

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » January 9, 2007, 10:16 am

Can't answer all your questions but when we bought our land here we never used a lawyer. As you mentioned, we merely went to the land office with the owner of the plots we bought and they did the transfer there and then, well it did take a couple of hours of sitting around. This was 3 years ago and the whole deal cost me 8,500 bht this was for 2 x 1 rai plots. Just make sure you get the official land papers, they have a government stamp at the top either green or red.

I understand that the bank take these papers when a loan is taken out on the land, so maybe a good way to tell if anythings owed on the land you're looking at. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong...

I would definitely use the services of a lawyer for the lease aggreement though......sorry I can't help with a good one, I've yet to need one here......

Doug
udonmap.com

Post by Doug » January 9, 2007, 10:28 am

Jai,
If the land document is available with the seller, it can be confirmed with the land department officer. Most buyers do not use or need a lawyer as the deal is done through the government land department. It is normal for the seller to arrange a survey of the land to confirm the boundaries. The survey report will be part of the sale documents. As for contracts/agreements, the local Amphur office has a multitude of legal documents which cover a big range of personal agreements. It is signed by the 2 parties and witnessed by an Amphur officer. It is a legal document.
One comment: I have only heard of Lease Agreements for land in Phuket. It is not normal here on the mainland. If you are putting the land in your wife's name she should ask for a normal sale and the land is hers permanently.

Hope this helps.

wanderer

buying land, leasing

Post by wanderer » January 9, 2007, 10:59 am

This is just my take on the subject of buying and leasing land as to what I have heard.At the moent with the new laws the Thai Government are putting up ,quite a few builders in Hua-Hin are now leasing new properties on 30 year leases with a supposed 30 year extension,not my way of buying property as we all know what can happen if you dont own the land.I have bought 2 houses,one up in her home village,which is now in her mothers name as she has moved her identity card to Hua- Hin and she cannot own land up there as well as in Hua-Hin,there is also a letter with the Solicitors( a will) up there that the house goes to my wife or daughter should anything happen to her,I insisted on this as some of the family you just cant trust(they scammed me for 10,000BAHT) Ifigure this a cheap way out as they dare not ask me for any more money,also I have a lease on this house for 30 years paying a so called nominal rent,this lease is registered with the Land people and I hold the lease docment,this is to prevent them selling the property and doing a runner,this was my wifes idea.Also we own a house in Hua-Hin again on the same basis but this is in her name and the lease is in my name again we are actually going to the land office to-day to apply for a yellow book which you are supposed to get if you lease long term,all these leases were suggested by my wife and its good to know she cant just sell up and go whilst a lease is valid,at my age I dont think I will be neeeding another 30 year extension,hope this helps

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » January 9, 2007, 7:45 pm

You want to buy land and put it on your wifes name land office is sufficient

You want to protect your interest, you probably going to need an attorney .

Ray Ria Pokapan is one I don't have her number, but it's been listed on the site several times

Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Jai » January 11, 2007, 11:56 am

Hi and thanks everyone for the help, wanderer I have not heard of the Yellow book before could you get the Thai name of it, I would be interested as I am going down the same route.
thanks again

valentine

Post by valentine » January 11, 2007, 1:11 pm

Jai wrote:Hi and thanks everyone for the help, wanderer I have not heard of the Yellow book before could you get the Thai name of it, I would be interested as I am going down the same route.
thanks again
There is a whole forum about getting the yellow house book for farangs, i'm sure someone who knows how will post a link. :roll:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 11, 2007, 1:56 pm

that someone will be me, link here....

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... ouse+books

Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Jai » January 14, 2007, 12:09 pm

Got it and thanks again......(your makiing this a lot easyer ) just a final question on a 1.5 mill house buy what is the ususal (ball park ) amount for lawyer fee's, as far as i know its a simple transaction --on my part anyway. although I dont know as yet weather the seller has to clear a morgage or not. Bank transfers from overseas-Australia---is there a prefered bank that seems quicker then most? I have been with Krung 5 years but have never had to do an overseas transfer as yet.
Thanks again

ctm
udonmap.com

Post by ctm » January 15, 2007, 10:24 pm

"she cannot own land up there as well as in Hua-Hin"

Why exactly? Lots of Thais own multiple homes, condos, and plots of land.

wickder
udonmap.com

Post by wickder » January 15, 2007, 10:34 pm

she cannot own land up there as well as in Hua-Hin
Absolute rubbish.My wife owns land in three different Provinces,Udon,Krabi and Surat Thani. :roll:
Just trying to help the locals

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » January 18, 2007, 3:02 pm

she cannot own land up there as well as in Hua-Hin
Very strange,wonder what kind of scam is going on to justify such a bizarre excuse for having land in relatives name.My wife has property in Nong Khai,Udon and Koh Samui,all in her name.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”