compliments for immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 11, 2014, 11:21 pm

:roll: Dam, has this site changed? or am I one scotch short.

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » November 12, 2014, 6:56 am

Mr. Happy changed for the better shortly b4 coming from NK to Udon.

The glasses lady has been really good to me, and, a coupla other guys I know... Now that I think about it, they are Americans... I wonder... The younger one next to her, is real polite, but, can be a bit overly cautious. Their lady supervisor is OK, if you make sure to kowtow.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » November 12, 2014, 12:08 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Credit where credit's due, did my annual extension of stay today, and from the time I sat down at the desk to the time I was handed my passport back and told to report back in one month with my passport only, it took 14 mins.
That's by far the quickest it's ever been for me at either NK or UDON by quite a margin.
Perhaps not having to get the paperwork signed by "big bossman" saved a few seconds, but I can't imagine it made that much difference.
Many thanks to the young lady on desk 3 with the teeth braces =D> =D> =D>
I think this is the second or third time I have read about someone having to return to immigration a month later to receive their extension after applying for the extension. Is this standard practice now? The reason I ask is I am planning on leaving Thailand a few days after renewing my one year extension and will be gone for about 6 weeks. Was wondering if I need to modify my plans if I am required to return to the immigration office a month after applying.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » November 12, 2014, 1:03 pm

tutone wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:Credit where credit's due, did my annual extension of stay today, and from the time I sat down at the desk to the time I was handed my passport back and told to report back in one month with my passport only, it took 14 mins.
That's by far the quickest it's ever been for me at either NK or UDON by quite a margin.
Perhaps not having to get the paperwork signed by "big bossman" saved a few seconds, but I can't imagine it made that much difference.
I think this is the second or third time I have read about someone having to return to immigration a month later to receive their extension after applying for the extension. Is this standard practice now? The reason I ask is I am planning on leaving Thailand a few days after renewing my one year extension and will be gone for about 6 weeks. Was wondering if I need to modify my plans if I am required to return to the immigration office a month after applying.
'R' I'm having to go back later this month to have my passport stamped - one month after my renewal date. All my documents were in order and now it just needs stamped. Why it couldn't be done on the day I don't know because the guy who usually signs and authorises everything was there and checked it all. As far as I'm aware all that was needed was his signature. :confused:
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 12, 2014, 1:12 pm

Look on the bright side Socksy, by going back 1 month later, it will adjust the 90 day reports, meaning that the last report (usually about 2 or 3 weeks before the extension is due) will now be for 80 odd days and due at the time of your extension :lol:

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » November 12, 2014, 5:11 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Look on the bright side Socksy, by going back 1 month later, it will adjust the 90 day reports, meaning that the last report (usually about 2 or 3 weeks before the extension is due) will now be for 80 odd days and due at the time of your extension :lol:
Udon always re-start your 90 days when you re-new your extension, unlike some offices.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 12, 2014, 11:08 pm

retired wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:Look on the bright side Socksy, by going back 1 month later, it will adjust the 90 day reports, meaning that the last report (usually about 2 or 3 weeks before the extension is due) will now be for 80 odd days and due at the time of your extension :lol:
Udon always re-start your 90 days when you re-new your extension, unlike some offices.
err, can you expand that retired, it's late, and my grey matter doesn't seem to be working too well....

Are you saying that my 90 days starts when I apply and not when I receive my extension (a month later)?

Surely that can't be true, as I am reporting to the office when I get my stamp in my passport, so I must then have to report 90 days from then.

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » November 13, 2014, 9:45 am

Say for example your 90 days falls a few weeks after your extension, then when you apply for the extension they will reset the clock save you coming back in a few weeks time, some offices do not do that.
As for this new system where you have to return after a month to collect your stamp I cannot say, I havent been subjected to that system yet but I would think if they set the clock at the extension then they wouldnt do it again a few weeks later unless they only give you 30days then on your return they would give you the full 90.
Info from someone who has been thro the new system would be the way to go.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 13, 2014, 10:12 am

My 90 day coincides with my extension. I was given 30 days temp stay for "consideration" without processing my 90 day report. Next month when I return to complete the process I should receive both extension and new 90 day.

*My application for an extension constitutes reporting in.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 13, 2014, 7:49 pm

tutone wrote:
When I did my retirement at end of Sept think I went in on a wed and she told me to come back on fri to see if approved, but she also stamped in my passport to come in the following tue. WTF - if I remember right went in on fri and lines were to long, so told them be back soon. Think I did it on the Mon and kind-da cut the line and someone not at the desks stamped my passport

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 13, 2014, 8:23 pm

tutone wrote:I think this is the second or third time I have read about someone having to return to immigration a month later to receive their extension after applying for the extension. Is this standard practice now? The reason I ask is I am planning on leaving Thailand a few days after renewing my one year extension and will be gone for about 6 weeks. Was wondering if I need to modify my plans if I am required to return to the immigration office a month after applying.
Yeah it's the standard way there doing it now. I did mine last month. All you get in your passport after the first visit is a stamp that says "Application of stay is under consideration". You don't get the "Permission to stay" stamp until the second visit (mine was 30 days after, others say two weeks).

I wouldn't try leaving the country during that time unless you talk to the imm office about it first.
UFF DA!

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 13, 2014, 8:38 pm

Jello wrote:
tutone wrote:I think this is the second or third time I have read about someone having to return to immigration a month later to receive their extension after applying for the extension. Is this standard practice now? The reason I ask is I am planning on leaving Thailand a few days after renewing my one year extension and will be gone for about 6 weeks. Was wondering if I need to modify my plans if I am required to return to the immigration office a month after applying.
Yeah it's the standard way there doing it now. I did mine last month. All you get in your passport after the first visit is a stamp that says "Application of stay is under consideration". You don't get the "Permission to stay" stamp until the second visit (mine was 30 days after, others say two weeks).

I wouldn't try leaving the country during that time unless you talk to the imm office about it first.
Whow 30 days? Must not have been a Retirement Visa, right? Sure sounds like Marriage!

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 13, 2014, 9:01 pm

RLTrader wrote:
Jello wrote:

Whow 30 days? Must not have been a Retirement Visa, right? Sure sounds like Marriage!
Yes it is. Went last week for an extension based on retirement and was given 30days. A new policy/procedure implemented by Udon Imm.

Turdyboy
udonmap.com

Post by Turdyboy » November 14, 2014, 4:30 am

Contacts are opportunities.

phen
udonmap.com

Post by phen » November 14, 2014, 2:27 pm

They working hard to throw the ---- out off Udon
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... 47761.html

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 14, 2014, 5:55 pm

papaguido wrote:
RLTrader wrote:
Jello wrote:

Yes it is. Went last week for an extension based on retirement and was given 30days. A new policy/procedure implemented by Udon Imm.
Hmm, I knew there was a new policy, (whole country, not just Udon) might have started in Aug. Anyways, when I went on Sept 17, 2014, (less than 2 months ago) they did my paperwork, took my money, put a paper in passport to come back on Sept 22, 2014, but she told me to come back on Sept 19, I showed her the difference and she said OOPS, come back on the 19th

Guess I got special treatment or they change again, I won't know til next year, but it just might be only a couple of months away, different story.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 14, 2014, 6:29 pm

Compliments indeed they have identified 194 Men who have faked marriages with Thai women to stay here, their visas will be revoked, BUT no mention of the women about what will happen to them or the Thai Immigrations officials that allowed it to happen. ,

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » November 14, 2014, 6:32 pm

Apparently the women had no idea of the scam, As far as the Thai Immigration officials that's easy, transfer to an inactive post.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 11, 2014, 1:50 pm

Hmmmmmmm perhaps I was a bit toooo quick with the praise

Returned this morning and ended up sitting in the queue for 45 mins whilst others were getting their documents processed.
So it takes more than 3 times as long to get the stamp in the passport than it did to process the damn thing in the first place :evil:

I guess it just proves that however intelligent the people are, they still haven't got a clue about organisation or planning.
Surely it would make sense to either get the 90 day guy to stamp the passports (he was sitting doing nothing for at least 20 mins of the 45 I was there). If he is not "senior" enough then either have a dedicated desk to go to or have a basket that the passports can be placed into and get the first available qualified staff member to clear it when he/she finishes his/her customer.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » December 11, 2014, 7:58 pm

TIT, thinking outside of the frame is not a job requirement . Besides, the girls wouldn't want to share their spoils with another person. Sit down and wait for them do their who's next drill.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”