compliments for immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
jeebeeg
udonmap.com

Post by jeebeeg » March 1, 2014, 2:59 pm

Last Friday I went to immigration for my 90 days , was in and out in a few minutes, and the service was really excellent and friendly.
Chapeau.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 1, 2014, 3:49 pm

Things are a lot better then they used to be for sure, nice to see someone take the time to say so.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Tschau Suan
udonmap.com

Post by Tschau Suan » March 1, 2014, 9:36 pm

I can double this.
Always friendly,quickly at work with a smile. =D>
I only feel sad about some farang behavior,sometimes.
8)

dazzz
udonmap.com

Post by dazzz » March 2, 2014, 5:39 pm

Tschau Suan wrote:I can double this.
Always friendly,quickly at work with a smile. =D>
I only feel sad about some farang behavior,sometimes.
8)
I was also in udon immigration on friday with a query Very friendly ,falling over to help me . Even the lady who had a few bahts off me in the past smiled and the old guy by the door said a few jokes.
Intrigued to know about farang behaviour sometimes. Could you explain just for me ?
Means nothing to me except an innuendo that farangs are a rare species not common to the planet earth that are sometimes felt sad about. I have read this innuendo a few times ie , a few farangs give us a bad name etc .
In 12 years in thailand never met a farang who would give us a bad name and only once seen a farang drunk in vientiane at 9.30 am and never got a visa . Never seen a farang one time in an imm office be less than polite ever , perhaps there are and i will soon get told about them but also think that for thai people not to know a good farang from a bad one is an insult. My thai friends do know bad people from good ones and do not put us all in the same bag .
dazzz

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 11, 2014, 12:05 pm

Credit where credit's due, did my annual extension of stay today, and from the time I sat down at the desk to the time I was handed my passport back and told to report back in one month with my passport only, it took 14 mins.
That's by far the quickest it's ever been for me at either NK or UDON by quite a margin.
Perhaps not having to get the paperwork signed by "big bossman" saved a few seconds, but I can't imagine it made that much difference.
Many thanks to the young lady on desk 3 with the teeth braces =D> =D> =D>

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » November 11, 2014, 12:12 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Credit where credit's due, did my annual extension of stay today, and from the time I sat down at the desk to the time I was handed my passport back and told to report back in one month with my passport only, it took 14 mins.
That's by far the quickest it's ever been for me at either NK or UDON by quite a margin.
Perhaps not having to get the paperwork signed by "big bossman" saved a few seconds, but I can't imagine it made that much difference.
Many thanks to the young lady on desk 3 with the teeth braces =D> =D> =D>
Would that be a retirement extension Statts?
Cant see a Marriage extension that quick :roll:
Mai mee tahng !

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 11, 2014, 1:01 pm

Yeah retirement extension.

Funny that the immigration are now really getting their act together and if anything the banks are getting worse.
It states that the "letter from the bank" has to be on the day of your immigration visit, so I turned up there bright and early, with a copy of last years letter, which I had updated in ink (bank account number/date account opened) and also 11/8/2014 B800,000, 11/9/2014 B800,000, 11/10/2014 B800,000, 11/11/2014 B800,000.
Gave the letter to the teller (on desk 9 the odds and sods desk) and asked for a new letter with the updated details for my visa application. Stunned look of bemusement .........wandered off with letter and bank book to somewhere round the back, and came back 2 mins later. Gave me the pad of "request forms" to fill in, which I did, stating exactly the same info. Off she goes again after telling me to take a seat ....... 10 mins passes ........... 20 mins passes :-" :-" ......... 30 mins later someone arrives from the back with letter etc, and I'm called forward to pay my B100 fee :evil: I look at the letter and it has 8/8/2014 (date account opened) B 800,000, 31/8/2014 B800,000, 30/9/2014 B800,000, 31/10/2014 B800,000. [-X [-X [-X
Needless to say I sent it back and drew their attention to the TWO forms that they had which gave the dates I wanted, and showed them the dates they had put .... calls manager type guy over, and after explaining to him, off he goes and comes back 5 mins later with the correct details on the letter.
At this time I remembered that they had done EXACTLY the same 2 years ago, so there is obviously a line of thought somewhere in the Bangkok Bank that thinks that they know what the customer wants even if it is not what he has asked for :roll:
SO ..... word of advice ..... if you need a letter from BKK Bank, it might be worth your while pointing out the dates that you require on the letter as well as writing them on the form :lol:

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » November 11, 2014, 1:06 pm

Which BkkB office was that?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 11, 2014, 1:36 pm

I wouldnt mind betting that it was the main Bangkok Bank office on Prajak Road ??
Last year I went there,filled out the application form and gave them my bank book,passport and previous years letter.
The lady behind the counter told me to sit down and wait and off she went into the office at the back......but she never returned :-s to this day I dont know if she went to lunch,resigned or maybe even died ! :-k
After 30 minutes of waiting I collared an elderly lady member of staff and enquired about my new letter.She looked bemused but also went into the office at the back and did return with my new letter after another 25 minutes of waiting ! =D>
The previous year everything went well with the new letter given to me within 20 minutes.However,on checking,I was surprised that I had been given Italian citizenship with the account name reading Luigi Fantoni (or similar). :shock:

Just goes to show that getting something easy like a letter can be a game of chance ! 8)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » November 11, 2014, 1:57 pm

How the worm has turned .Just a few weeks ago we had an "Immigration bashing " debacle implying
corruption was rampant over a lousy five dollar camera fee Blah Blah Blah .On the Bangkok Bank issue
(Main Branch ) .When I made a large deposit my Country was listed as Great Britain .The teller was making
an issue that my British Passport says United Kingdom of Great Britain AND NORTHERN IRELAND which was
not shown .LOL

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 11, 2014, 3:27 pm

It was the main branch JR

seagulls wrote "How the worm has turned .Just a few weeks ago we had an "Immigration bashing " debacle implying
corruption was rampant over a lousy five dollar camera fee Blah Blah Blah "

I believe the thread you refer to, was where someone posted that it was compulsory to get your picture done at the immigration office...... and pay for the privilege.
This, obviously, would have been completely unacceptable, but thankfully it was quickly proven to be incorrect.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: compliments for immigration

Post by JoeThrows » November 11, 2014, 3:43 pm

My most recent marriage extension has now taken 5 separate visits to udon immigration, 2 trips to amphur (and 3k thb) to clear up a clerical error left by Samui immigration. I had to make my 5th trip today because they said they called me 3 times yesterday to say they were going to pay me a visit. I answered the call on the second ring but after I said hello 3 times and received only a chain of hallos in return, I hung up.

Since when does immigration call to announce an unannounced verification of residence? They would never do that on Samui.

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » November 11, 2014, 4:11 pm

TIT.
We have a cheap Charlies thread criticising farangs for doing what they want to do, whilst we have this thread complimenting the Thais for doing what they're supposed to do.
Sheesh

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » November 11, 2014, 7:34 pm

I never had any problems, and, actually, quite a bit of favorable "officer's discretion", which has been very helpful. SINCE, immigration moved to Udon. Courtesy, flattery, and chump change work very nicely.

Mr. Happy, of the NK office, however, was a first class *****.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » November 11, 2014, 8:28 pm

Macca wrote:TIT.
We have a cheap Charlies thread criticising farangs for doing what they want to do, whilst we have this thread complimenting the Thais for doing what they're supposed to do.
Sheesh
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mai mee tahng !

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » November 11, 2014, 8:30 pm

LilRed wrote:I never had any problems, and, actually, quite a bit of favorable "officer's discretion", which has been very helpful. SINCE, immigration moved to Udon. Courtesy, flattery, and chump change work very nicely.

I think they've " Dust their brooms" \:D/
Mai mee tahng !

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 11, 2014, 10:42 pm

He always was very helpful for me, both in NK and when they came to Udon at hospital years ago.

My problem is the girl with glasses! Avoid her at all costs, as in give up ur turn.

Speaking of the devil, anyone know if she has a day off, need to go in soon?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 11, 2014, 10:58 pm

RLTrader wrote:
He always was very helpful for me, both in NK and when they came to Udon at hospital years ago.

My problem is the girl with glasses! Avoid her at all costs, as in give up ur turn.

Speaking of the devil, anyone know if she has a day off, need to go in soon?
I think she has been promoted and only deals with the "problem cases" now RLT (but I'm sure if you ask nicely she will make herself available for you :-" )

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » November 11, 2014, 11:13 pm

stattointhailand wrote:I think she has been promoted and only deals with the "problem cases" now
I think so too.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 11, 2014, 11:18 pm

Hmm, needed to do my retirement visa end of Sept, and she was there 1st chair, So not long ago.

I need to stop by sometime and do a transfer to new passport and NOT looking for any headaches.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”