New Drink/Advertising Rules

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 30, 2014, 10:19 pm

Just back from a quick trip to Bkk again , thats twice this week :D :D .... dropped a keg of Grolsch off at the Sports bar as they had sold out whilst away ...well done to the Welsh man and his missus they certainly are prolific purveyors of 3DM draft !!.

Reference the trip , I was stopped once by the BIB going down and asked what i was carrying , NOTHING EMPTY , politeky told have to change colour truck you ... on the return was stopped again and for the first time since we started 3DM was asked to open up the back and produce the import/tax documents which were thoroughly checked =D>.

Whilst in Bangers met with the importers and was told very much bizz as usual , nothing official in the offing YET ?? , i have had clarification of exactly what i can and cant do as a wholesaler with regard to advertizing etc and already pointed out the 3DM truck needs new decals IF AND WHEN ANY ENFORCEMENT BEGINS ... other than that ... nothing has changed as of today and still very much up in the air as to if anything will change ,,, scaremongering was the word used by one of the importers who also owns a prominent bar/pub in Patong Phuket hes heard nothing at all from any government/army officials down there ...so it is a case of TIT LETS WAIT N SEE ,

Cannot comment on midnight closing etc as i didnt ask BUT definately not happening in Phuket ....so could Udon be seeing a tea n biscuit round already ?

dm

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » August 31, 2014, 1:22 pm

DM yours is fairly good news. As I've said, at least for me the degree of uncertainty of what will happen tomorrow these days, there is always uncertainty, is most worrying.

While it does 'seem' aimed at the freelancers working the 'Coconut Bar', tick tock, tick tock: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/756 ... paign=news

captainahab
udonmap.com

Post by captainahab » August 31, 2014, 4:29 pm

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » August 31, 2014, 5:16 pm

Ok, not told to enforce the existing laws. Good, but...... ? Let us all hope that some of the existing laws are not enforced and will be reviewed as to their practacality. Oh wait, I forgot, TIT and the word is subject to change...lol. I've got to get back to my Singha Lite (hope I didn't just do a no no) and stiring my pot of Nuevo de Mexico del Norte, Northen New Mexico, Hatch extra hot red chile stew. Not Tex-Mex, no sir.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 1, 2014, 11:05 am

Dr Prapa also cautioned about using social media to promote alcohol, even through postings by individuals.“People can post whatever they want, but we will judge what the true intention is. If anyone reports the posting to us or the police, we will have no choice but to investigate,” Dr Prapa said.

that's a bit vague , is udonmap classed as social media ?, how the hell can people advertise then ? how are you supposed to promote then, putting shelves up with bottles of whisky surrounded but fairy lights could be against the law... so if someone posted ''I went to joe blogs bar last night and they gave me free mixers'' the bar could be in trouble for it or would udonmap get in trouble for allowing advertising of booze. :-k . got a feeling they will change the law again, if you think about it even a girl asking you if you want a beer is using girls to promote sales. a case of waiting to see what really happens, what they say and what really happens are two different things
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » September 1, 2014, 11:13 am

"What we have here is a failure to communicate". Of course, the word is subject to change, if one actually knows what the "word" is. And confusion reigns supreme. :confused:

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 1, 2014, 11:39 am

ambiguous is the word, leaving it up to officials to make up their own mind '' true intentions '', fuzzy ken does some deal( or used too) buying 3 beers for a bit of discount, nothing wrong with that at all, but who knows. best leave it to the customer word of mouth...or will they arrest customers for posting?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”