world view of thailand

General Udon Thani topics only!
bignote1
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by bignote1 » January 8, 2015, 6:36 pm

The Thai Criminal Code says;
Anyone who "defames, insults or threatens an individual, the Queen, the heir-apparent, or the regent" will be punished with up to 15 years in prison.
The problem is the code does not define what constitutes an insult to the monarchy.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by stattointhailand » January 8, 2015, 6:50 pm

KP, the guy is Thai ...... he knows the laws and rules that apply here, and chose to break them.
Whether he/you or I agree with the law or not does not matter one iota .......

If I break the law in the UK, I expect to be tried and if found guilty, punished. The fact that some people in another country think it's a stupid or silly law I have broken would not count as much of a defense in a UK court.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by jackspratt » January 8, 2015, 8:19 pm

statts, it wasn't that long ago that stealing a handkerchief or loaf of bread, was a capital offence in the UK.

Can you see where this is going......?

bignote1
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by bignote1 » January 8, 2015, 9:48 pm

jackspratt wrote:statts, it wasn't that long ago that stealing a handkerchief or loaf of bread, was a capital offence in the UK.

Jack.....dear boy....... 1861 wasn't that long ago?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by stattointhailand » January 8, 2015, 9:59 pm

jackspratt wrote:statts, it wasn't that long ago that stealing a handkerchief or loaf of bread, was a capital offence in the UK.

Looks like it's heading for another 7 year stretch in Australia again Jack :-&

jackspratt
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by jackspratt » January 8, 2015, 10:31 pm

bignote1 wrote:

Jack.....dear boy....... 1861 wasn't that long ago?
Comparing the 2 laws ..... in relative terms...... no.

bignote1
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by bignote1 » January 8, 2015, 10:35 pm

[/quote] ..... in relative terms...... [/quote]

Are you accusing my mum of stealing loaves of bread?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by stattointhailand » January 8, 2015, 10:40 pm

I see the similarity now Jack .... in 1843 my relly was sent to Oz for 7 yrs for being a very slightly naughty boy, and now 170 odd years later Thailand are sending their naughty boys to Australasia as punishment :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :fryingpan:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by jackspratt » January 8, 2015, 10:46 pm

stattointhailand wrote:I see the similarity now Jack .... in 1843 my relly was sent to Oz for 7 yrs for being a very slightly naughty boy, and now 170 odd years later Thailand are sending their naughty boys to Australasia as punishment :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :fryingpan:
You and bignote seem to be on the same wavelength .... perhaps you can sort it out between you, while I get a well deserved sleep.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by stattointhailand » January 8, 2015, 10:56 pm

Nighty Night Jack sweet dreams :wave: :sleepy:

glalt
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by glalt » January 9, 2015, 9:20 am

My view of the coup is that I see some incredibly corrupt officials being exposed, more huge drug busts than ever before and the freedom to go wherever I want without seeing crazy demonstrations and blocked highways. At this point, why would I wish for a democracy Thai style? If the general finds a way to keep the corrupt veteran politicians out of politics, then elections may work out.

samsam
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by samsam » January 9, 2015, 9:40 am

jackspratt wrote:
GT93 wrote:I struggled to find a thread to post this link in:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news ... d=11383297

New Zealand is being urged by the Thai government to revoke the NZ passport held by a wanted Red Shirt who arrived in NZ as a refugee. I guess the Thai government is trying to grab other Red Shirts residing overseas. It doesn't make Thailand look good.
Thailand's junta probably doesn't understand that civilised countries generally don't extradite/deport political "refugees".

Of course, Sweden may prove the exception here if it manages to get its hands on Assange.
Well he is not a political refugee in that sense,he never sought that in sweden,but he is a suspeckt in a rape case in sweden,get your facts right,there is no possebility by swedish laws to extredite him to the Us if he apply as a political refugee,but he has to stand trial for the rape charges,innocent or not.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by BobHelm » January 9, 2015, 11:21 am

Interesting samsam as it leads directly back to the Thai in New Zealand case as well...

Insulting an individual is not a crime in New Zealand..

However Assange is charged with having sex without using a condom - which is not a crime in the UK..

Macca
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by Macca » January 9, 2015, 11:58 am

BobHelm wrote: However Assange is charged with having *** without using a condom - which is not a crime in the UK..
It should be in Crewe and Stockport.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by stattointhailand » January 9, 2015, 12:11 pm

And Doncaster Macca, where they have had to demolish the bike sheds in the local school to install a new pram shed and creche :roll:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 9, 2015, 7:33 pm

glalt wrote:My view of the coup is that I see some incredibly corrupt officials being exposed, more huge drug busts than ever before and the freedom to go wherever I want without seeing crazy demonstrations and blocked highways. At this point, why would I wish for a democracy Thai style? If the general finds a way to keep the corrupt veteran politicians out of politics, then elections may work out.

This is a very flawed and naive view of what is going on and why, but one that some people would like you to believe.

Is 'the general' you mention now the Prime Minister?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

mackatwijan
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by mackatwijan » January 9, 2015, 7:54 pm

Lived through all the coups but this one is different as people are scared this time. They will not show they are afraid but believe me they are. This one will be the one that brings this country to show what it is or is not

Macca

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 9, 2015, 8:10 pm

mackatwijan wrote:Lived through all the coups but this one is different as people are scared this time. They will not show they are afraid but believe me they are. This one will be the one that brings this country to show what it is or is not

Macca
How was this one different from the ones by Field-Marshall Sarit in 1947 and 1957? Sarit was, of course, a Colonel in 1947.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by jackspratt » January 9, 2015, 8:44 pm

Was Sarit left or right handed? Which of course was of some interest in 1947 - but easily explained away, or ignored.

samsam
udonmap.com

world view of thailand

Post by samsam » January 10, 2015, 9:08 am

BobHelm wrote:Interesting samsam as it leads directly back to the Thai in New Zealand case as well...

Insulting an individual is not a crime in New Zealand..

However Assange is charged with having *** without using a condom - which is not a crime in the UK..
Unwillingly sex withouth a condom.and rape
I dont know but please keep the facts strait.
The underbelly of Sweden talks about grupies that got some attention,but who knows!
Im shure this womens are not CIA, its moore like a plot from the Russians in the 70 era.Im joking.....
Well who knows but as i said he never sought political asykum in Sweden:And its not possible when you are a suspeckt of a crime. Deportion can not be done to a country that carry out death penelty:
Laws of Sweden like it or not:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”