What is the news on SOLDIER

General Udon Thani topics only!
downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 30, 2014, 2:45 pm

How is the situation with SOLDIER. Can we please have an update. Can we arrange a meeting for those who want to help.? Would be good to see if someone can get the ball rolling with his Cart and any other details that could assist the well being of this unfortunate Dog. Jon, could you arrange at a time to suit you? Sports Bar Soi Sampan would be a good spot. D.U.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 30, 2014, 6:40 pm

nick popped in the other day to get a pie for him, seems he's had one op to remove a leg but has anemia so there waiting a while for him to recover before the next stage
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 30, 2014, 6:48 pm

Thanks Dean

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » October 30, 2014, 6:51 pm

Possible to get a bit more back ground on the person and what is going on. Might want to help. But, really need more information.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 30, 2014, 7:08 pm

We should have been more to the point Bumper. Soldier is a Dog that has had an accident which damaged his rear legs and needs to have them amputated. He is at the moment in a Vet Clinic here in Udon. Caring members of UDON MAP, have donated money for his OP, Jon from Three Drunk Monkeys, will pay for the Surgery, money has been donated to start the process to procure a Doggy Cart. Anyone who is interested in the well being of Soldier and can donate, please make your intentions here. Many Thanks D.U.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 30, 2014, 7:41 pm

papafarang wrote:nick popped in the other day to get a pie for him, seems he's had one op to remove a leg but has anemia so there waiting a while for him to recover before the next stage
Spoke to Nick and things are still pretty much as above ,,, one leg already off but gotta wait a while for the second op.
downunder wrote:How is the situation with SOLDIER. Can we please have an update. Can we arrange a meeting for those who want to help.? Would be good to see if someone can get the ball rolling with his Cart and any other details that could assist the well being of this unfortunate Dog. Jon, could you arrange at a time to suit you? Sports Bar Soi Sampan would be a good spot. D.U.

Between Nick and i we will get the surgery sorted , as for a meet up for those who wish to assist in whatever way with the cart or other ..sounds good .... SPORTS BAR SOI SAMPANIT or any where ok by me .. date n time the only issue as im away in Bkk twice over the next few days .

I think Soldier is a few weeks maybe months away from recovery so time frame is not a prob tho wont hurt to have his new wheels done n ready.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 30, 2014, 7:48 pm

I am not posting this to be controversial, but rather, putting up an alternative point of view.

While I have no doubt as to the bona fides of those willing to help this unfortunate animal. I do have a question over their priorities eg could this money be put to a better, humanitarian cause.

It seems to me that the dog is pretty much stuffed. Even with the best will in the world, what sort of life (bearing in mind we are in Thailand) is it likely to live.

The sort of money that I suspect will be required, to give it even a partially useful life, could, in my view perhaps be directed to orphans, cripples, homeless, mentally ill, etc etc.

I do understand it is your money, and up to you how you want the spend it.

Turdyboy
udonmap.com

Post by Turdyboy » October 30, 2014, 7:52 pm

I suggested the same to a group of dog-rescue workers several years ago. They decided a dog's life was more valuable than a hungry orphan or homeless widow.

Odd how the holier-than-thou brain operates.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 30, 2014, 8:03 pm

jackspratt wrote:I am not posting this to be controversial, but rather, putting up an alternative point of view.

While I have no doubt as to the bona fides of those willing to help this unfortunate animal. I do have a question over their priorities eg could this money be put to a better, humanitarian cause.

It seems to me that the dog is pretty much stuffed. Even with the best will in the world, what sort of life (bearing in mind we are in Thailand) is it likely to live.

The sort of money that I suspect will be required, to give it even a partially useful life, could, in my view perhaps be directed to orphans, cripples, homeless, mentally ill, etc etc.

I do understand it is your money, and up to you how you want the spend it.
A fair point Jack ... lately there has been a lot of things happening for the orphanage and similar and all brilliant efforts by the likes of Nok bhcs and Nok of Noks in Nam Sam Rong ,,,, great cause obviously but never really seen any thing ever done to assist a dogs home or other , i may have missed something but IMO it doing no harm at all in this case to help this dog out with some medical treatment and a set of new wheels ...DOES IT ?? .

DM

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 31, 2014, 6:57 am

TURDYBOY, Are you really what your name suggests? Have some compassion man for an animal that only for a few caring people here want to help. What business is it of yours to be so stupid to suggest otherwise. In Thailand the Vets will not put a dog to sleep, so if some of us want to help this Dog to have a better life without pain then so be it. I suggest to you to use the back of your hand to wipe your name that is coming out of your mouth.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » October 31, 2014, 7:38 am

It would appear that Turdyboy's anal optic nerve is playing up, this nerve is the longest nerve in the body and runs from the anus to the eyes and is responsible for giving one a ------ outlook on life. If you don't believe me Turdyboy, pull a hair out of your back passage and then tell me it doesn't bring a tear to your eye.

Anyway back to Soldier, to DU, DM and others well done for muscling up and bring comfort to the dog. I will be in Udon in January and only too pleased to financially assist.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 31, 2014, 8:17 am

this is about helping one poor dog, that's all. the sight of him suffering to nick was too much and he has taken it on himself to take care of soldier, now we can't help every dog in udon, but this one is a special case that seems to bring out the best in the members of the forum, face it with a broken back and a pair of legs dragging behind him with festering wounds no thais were going to help him, so he would have simply wasted away in pain. now he has a chance of not just surviving but being cared for by nick who is a true animal lover and has brought the attention to others about soldiers plight. this is all about helping, and in doing so we get something back our selves, it makes us feel better, were doing something that makes us smile and takes away the negativity that sometimes we all feel. if soldier could speak he would be so grateful , and we can feel more human knowing we do something good.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 31, 2014, 9:10 am

Turdyboy is simply trolling, as he did frequently when he previously posted as Texpat et al

He was put out to pasture by the mods then - it should not surprise when the same happens again. Probably sooner than later.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 31, 2014, 9:50 am

Odd how the troll brain operates. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 31, 2014, 11:32 am

I think this is an admirable effort. People have the ability to take care of themselves and to take care of other people. They are seldom willing to help injured animals. I just hope this unfortunate helpless animal is and will be free of pain. Kudos to the kind people helping.

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Latest news on SOLDIER the dog

Post by Nick@AUA » November 1, 2014, 8:14 pm

I have just taken Soldier some chicken. He is doing better and seems not so shaky when he stands up on his two front legs to eat. The vet said that he will test his blood tomorrow (Sunday), and if ok, he will be operated on. Then we shall just wait and see.

He is a lovely dog. Has never growled, barked, cried or yelped the whole time he has been there. It must all seem so strange to him.

I do wonder though, where did he come from? He doesn't 'act' like a street dog. Completely comfortable with human interaction. You would think that someone would be missing him? Apparently not.

I will keep you posted. Thanks for all your kind words.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Latest news on SOLDIER the dog

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 2, 2014, 1:30 am

Nick@AUA wrote:I have just taken Soldier some chicken. He is doing better and seems not so shaky when he stands up on his two front legs to eat. The vet said that he will test his blood tomorrow (Sunday), and if ok, he will be operated on. Then we shall just wait and see.

He is a lovely dog. Has never growled, barked, cried or yelped the whole time he has been there. It must all seem so strange to him.

I do wonder though, where did he come from? He doesn't 'act' like a street dog. Completely comfortable with human interaction. You would think that someone would be missing him? Apparently not.

I will keep you posted. Thanks for all your kind words.
Nick as per our tel conversation fear not young man we will sort him out , found the place n popped in today and he looked as tho hes on the right road to recovery all be it not in the clear as far as understood , vet told me about the bill and i confirmed all ok (BTW after the smelling salts 5555, ive spent more on the piss n pussy in one night hen it will cost to make this fella ok and i will feel great doing it ) , agree he aint no soi dog so what ov the folks who he belonged to ????? .

also (capitals intended) ........ YES IM OPENING A NEW PLACE/BUSINESS AND THIS AINT NO PUBLICITY STUNT TO PROMOTE IT ,,, SHAME ON YOU you #### .......you know who you are .

dm

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 2, 2014, 2:53 am

Compassion and caring for another life is admirable, maybe setting an example for others as well, good on you guys for your efforts.

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Nick@AUA » November 3, 2014, 7:34 pm

Hi everyone. Just a quick update. Soldier had his other leg removed today. He looks a bit odd with no back legs. He's a bit groggy, but he's ok. I'll take him some nice food tomorrow, then we'll see about getting him on the road to recovery and some kind of quality of life.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 4, 2014, 1:08 pm

I'd also suggest some reading on factory farmed animals to help get a wider perspective on human behaviour towards animals and to help start thinking about the relatively small steps humans can take to help hundreds of those animals every year.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”