Udon Immigration Fake Marriage Crackdown

General Udon Thani topics only!
redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » November 14, 2014, 3:34 pm

Looks like our own immo office has ID'd 193 so-called fake marriage scams.
The Udon Thani Immigration Office has identified 193 foreign men who have faked their marriage with Thai women to be eligible for one-year resident visa.

Most of them are Indians and the rest came from Nigeria, Nepal, Cameroon and Iran.

An official from the office said these 193 foreigners would see their visa revoked soon.

The Nation
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... 47761.html

Now we know what all those couple hundred Nigerians, Nepalese & Iranians we see every day everywhere in Udon Thani are up to. <--Sarcasm.

Maybe they simply managed the task of ID'ing fake marriages throughout Thailand?

RW

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 14, 2014, 3:43 pm

I'm sure the "broker" that set these sham marriages up is hooked into the system and somehow able to get all the appropriate paperwork done without the physical presence of the applicant.
Dave

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 14, 2014, 7:58 pm

Hats off to Immigration ! =D>
Its funny but in 10 years of living in Udon I've hardly seen any Nigerians,Nepalese,Cameroonians,Iranians or Indians.......plenty of cowboys,though ! 8)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 15, 2014, 8:00 am

This was a NBL Immigration oifficer so I would think unless there is a small enclave of said Indians anyone would know it was a scam

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » November 15, 2014, 9:18 pm

I there another side to the coin and some guys who thought they were really married have now unintentionally got fake marriages?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 16, 2014, 4:50 am

I've never seen these lads either - unless they're white fellas who can pass themselves off well as Brits, Americans, Aussies, Germans etc.

Nice avatar Zids. Is she one of Bob's friends? :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 16, 2014, 7:01 am

[quote][/I there another side to the coin and some guys who thought they were really married have now unintentionally got fake marriages?quote]

That I doubt as most would seek the easy way to stay and work without the need for a 'B' Visa. Judging by the recipients of the fake marriages, not exactly known for abiding by the law in any country are they in reality.
This is a job well done by the Thai Immigration pity they took so long to see it.

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » November 16, 2014, 7:42 am

Feel sorry for the lasses if recently applying for replacement id cards or new passport,now known as lek mohammed or nok patel :shock:

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » November 16, 2014, 10:50 am

The impact on the cheap suit market will be felt for years...
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

dogger
udonmap.com

Post by dogger » November 16, 2014, 11:04 am

One can't assume that they are all Indians and the rest came from Nigeria, Nepal, Cameroon and Iran.
There are folk that should know better, are doing the same, and shock!, they are white dudes.
No wonder the guys with genuine marriages and families get the 3rd degree at Immigration.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 16, 2014, 12:02 pm

GT93 wrote:I've never seen these lads either - unless they're white fellas who can pass themselves off well as Brits, Americans, Aussies, Germans etc.

Nice avatar Zids. Is she one of Bob's friends? :D
No,my avatar is Oriental.....Uncle Bob likes the Russian ladies.
Here is his latest sweetheart,Anna,pictured last week outside their luxury apartment near Nong Sim.
In the evening Anna makes a living selling fruits at Nong Sim,including melons.
Anna,Bobs latest.jpeg
Anna,Bobs latest.jpeg (24.53 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Turdyboy
udonmap.com

Post by Turdyboy » November 16, 2014, 12:15 pm

dogger wrote:No wonder the guys with genuine marriages and families get the 3rd degree at Immigration.
Quite. :|
The benefits of living in a lawless and corrupt country inevitably fall to those who make use of lawlessness and corruption.
It's the Boy Scouts who end up paying the price.

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » November 16, 2014, 5:06 pm

After a first good feeling of "scammers caught and smashed out", one comes to think how this could happen.

As far as I know (but not personnally) it is obliged for a marriage extension to bring (if not the wife herself) your wife's ID card and the housebook. If that is so (correct me if I'm wrong) then someone or more than one someone at Immigration is part of the plot, as the extensions are signed and handed out by Immigration officers, after checking all necessary papers.

Even knowing that a Tambon officer in NBL was caught, who sold ID's of women to foreigners for good money (one woman wanted to marry her boyfriend and got to hear to her shock that she was already married, to an Indian guy whom she never met), it does not explain how the applications could have passed Immigration scrutiny without being noticed, if noticed there is more in this game than only faking foreigners.... :-k

Turdyboy
udonmap.com

Post by Turdyboy » November 16, 2014, 5:38 pm

The clever immigration officer will get two paydays out of that little opportunity. First by selling and setting up the first fake -- and then clearing it all up for the second foreign mark to marry his newly divorced teerak -- for a price of course. I'd also be willing to wager the poor, abused teerak is not as innocent as she leads on.

Thar's gold in them thar hills!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”