Thailand ICT Score.

General Udon Thani topics only!
Aardvark
udonmap.com

Thailand ICT Score.

Post by Aardvark » November 22, 2014, 6:14 am

All well and good to say Thailand comes in 13 out of 14, but where is the comparison with it's immediate neighbours ..... http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ls-lacking

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Thailand ICT Score.

Post by Khun Paul » November 22, 2014, 6:20 am

This does not really surprise me aas I personally know some students who took a computor Course lasting three years and they have a problem dealing with a windows problem, they are unable to work and write with spreadsheets and as for the other seemingly easy tasks they struggle to achieve, by no means the norm I am sure but an indication that students who go to these so-called tech colleges learn almost bugger all.

socksy
udonmap.com

Thailand ICT Score.

Post by socksy » November 22, 2014, 7:23 am

I presume the study didn't include knowledge of Computer Games, 'Farcebook' and other so-called social network sites. I reckon they'd be right up there on that. :-"
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

the-monk
udonmap.com

Thailand ICT Score.

Post by the-monk » November 22, 2014, 9:02 am

<< Chaiwut Lertwanasiriwan, of the Institute for the Promotion of Teaching Science and Technology (IPST), said one of the key reasons for the low score - in which 13th-placed Thailand scored 373 points and last-placed Turkey 361 - was the focus on memorisation of textbooks rather than emphasising application and practicality like the countries at the top of the list.... >>>

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 48328.html

I know student who went 3 years to a so called GOOD TECHICAL UNIVERSITY but can t deal with any IT structural problems yet they know how to configure FACEBOOK etc.

rufus
udonmap.com

Thailand ICT Score.

Post by rufus » November 22, 2014, 9:35 am

Is Thailand really that different to Lao? My HIGH SCHOOL students are savvy in Excel, can create an acceptable relational database using Codd's laws, understand protocols, and can configure a basic network.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”