Falang in Udon Police Station

General Udon Thani topics only!
trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » December 4, 2014, 9:54 am

wazza wrote:Didn't Trubrit claim to represent the UK consulate up here years ago with prison visits etc

I can remember various mentions of visits for some guy with a murder wrap ????
No. I have never claimed to represent anyone but myself. In the case you mentioned I informed the British embassy of his detention, who arranged their own consulate visit .My prisoner visiting was purely of a compassionate nature for British citizens detained in Bangkok and mainly involved taking them books to read, and stationary for them to write home .

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » December 4, 2014, 10:00 am

Not another English Teacher is it?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 4, 2014, 10:10 am

Khun Paul wrote:Having just learnt of the identity of the Foreigner in udon Police station, I can tell you I have over the past 10 years bailed said person out of that place twice, and do not intend to get him out again, he is a product of his own stupidity and unfortunately does deserve his current predicament. He is not a stupid man far from it having taught at various schools in Udon and Chiang Mai ( where he was asked to leave ) for some years, so in reality it comes even more so as NO surprise.
Name and shame
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » December 4, 2014, 10:17 am

it could,nt be the teacher we know as " ALIEN " could it :shock:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 4, 2014, 10:33 am

ADRIAN ( he of the bicycle fame as well as other indiscretions over the past few years. )

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » December 4, 2014, 10:47 am

Khun Paul wrote:ADRIAN ( he of the bicycle fame as well as other indiscretions over the past few years. )
Last time I saw that guy was a few months ago at the center point night market, about 5pm. He was intoxicated and accosting random Thai's demanding to know why they like Taksin. :confused:

Some people make me feel embarrassed to be Farang. =;
UFF DA!

Dublin Tony
udonmap.com

Post by Dublin Tony » December 4, 2014, 10:59 am

Didnt he work at the Don Bosco school here in Udon for a while ??

Tony

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: Falang in Udon Police Station

Post by JoeThrows » December 4, 2014, 11:19 am

Jello wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:ADRIAN ( he of the bicycle fame as well as other indiscretions over the past few years. )
Last time I saw that guy was a few months ago at the center point night market, about 5pm. He was intoxicated and accosting random Thai's demanding to know why they like Taksin. :confused:

Some people make me feel embarrassed to be Farang. =;
Well now he has great access to random Thais and he can question them all day and night. Sounds like a win win

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » December 4, 2014, 11:44 am

JoeThrows wrote: Well now he has great access to random Thais and he can question them all day and night. Sounds like a win win
:lol: :lol: :lol:
UFF DA!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 4, 2014, 12:29 pm

Yes he did work at Don Bosco but eventually they saw the light and he went,where he went no-one really knows he surfaced occasionally in nefarious places but to have the distinction of being removed from a City in this country has got to be first , even then some kind soul paid for his transport back to Udon, bet that person regrets that, or maybe he doesn't that is pure speculation on my part.
Now due to his own ioncredible intelligence he has found himself friendless, no family and no-one really worries too much, sure we are upset that a Foreigner is in the Police cells awaiting deportation but in all honesty with his history just desserts.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 4, 2014, 1:26 pm

It still brings me to ask about the due dilligence that some schools apply to formal teaching qualifications, visas and work permits etc.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 4, 2014, 3:10 pm

I do not really think this is or ever was about teaching qualifications which I am led to believe were OK, but it is the way some who are teachers run their personal lives which can and does make one ask questions as to how after numerous complaints in Udon he retained his job for so long. When you are teaching not only are you attempting to impart tit-bits of knowledge to the unwilling you are in my book also showing a lead in terms of personal behaviour, attitudes and dress. Some unfortunately fall far short on some or all of those traits it is the attitude of some that can and does occasionally bring those that are OK into disrepute, Same argument the majority screwed by the minority who either do not care or view only as a job without all the other aspects of teaching.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » December 4, 2014, 4:56 pm

England may well be the best place for Adrian, but if he has no Family there will be nobody to get him the help that he needs. I feel sorry for the Guy, but if he isn't willing to help himself ......

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » December 4, 2014, 5:06 pm

you do the crime, you do the time..
if you want to mollycoddle this repeat offender, then the OP can contact his family, or ask the falang Tourist Police to do so....its not about Xmas spirit, its about banging you head on the wall because the same guy wont learn..maybe you should give some money to Somalia...

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » December 4, 2014, 5:17 pm

Aardvark wrote: I feel sorry for the Guy, but if he isn't willing to help himself ......
Based on what I have read here, I feel sorry for any family or friends who may have wasted time and / or money in the past helping him.
The guy I new had money sent from home on at least 2 occasions for flights home, the cash never got further than buying beer and cigs in the village shop.
He also needed help paying a 65,000 baht bill for hospital treatment. It's ruined his sisters life as her helping hand lead to a split between her and her husband.
If this case it ought like the fella I knew the main thing he needs is someone to make the situation very clear to him so he fully understands the ---- he's in and work out how he will get out of it.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 4, 2014, 5:23 pm

Lets all step back 5 and im putting up a reasonable scenario.

Having seen the guy for many years now in various venues around Udon. He was always intoxicated but working etc..

Slowly people develop alcohol dependancy which over years does catch up as full blown alcoholism takes over. Job is lost. Unreliable etc...loss of friends as they give up trying etc...

Perhaps its this and in fact its a socially terminating disease where what we are seeing now is the end of the spiral. DTs in a thai jail wont get treated.

Just a thought ...

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » December 4, 2014, 5:24 pm

I did a 6 month overstay around 8 or 9 years ago. Wasn't broke, it was when they started switching up their border bounce policy and were counting days and only allowing 15 day land entry for the first time. They also had a limit to consecutive 15 day entries. I showed up at the Malaysian border and the guard refused my new entry, giving me only 2 days instead of 15. He said come back tomorrow for 15 days.

I lived on Samui at the time and had just taken a life threatening high speed minibus ride for 1,700thb to get there and he was fukd in the head if he thought I was going to do it again the next day for another 1,700 for only 15 days.

At the time there were still no other consequences, just pay your overstay and go about your business so I figured I'd get my money's worth out of 20k

Overstaying 14 months when they've given advance notice of jail time and blacklisting is idiotic.

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » December 4, 2014, 5:31 pm

it does not look very good for adrian, the Udon Hilton may be easy time compared to the Bangkok Hilton:
Immigration Detention Center, Suan Phlu, Bangkok

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » December 4, 2014, 5:41 pm

wazza wrote:Lets all step back 5 and im putting up a reasonable scenario.

Having seen the guy for many years now in various venues around Udon. He was always intoxicated but working etc..

Slowly people develop alcohol dependancy which over years does catch up as full blown alcoholism takes over. Job is lost. Unreliable etc...loss of friends as they give up trying etc...

Perhaps its this and in fact its a socially terminating disease where what we are seeing now is the end of the spiral. DTs in a thai jail wont get treated.

Just a thought ...
you forgot mental illness, bipolar disorder, chemical imbalance...................

what kind of a person would attempt to harass a BIG professional KICK BOXER?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 4, 2014, 5:49 pm

Lets be honest, wse have over the years all done our bit to assist/help/nay even given him money and to what end. it would seem as some have already stated his illness has caught up with him, while I feel a sorry for the guy, it will do two things either his DT's will be so bad he will not last the course or if he goes back to England with the price of alcohol there he will be equally stuffed.
Although I do not wish the former and hope foir the latter in truth he has run out of helpers and in this instance he is going to have to deal with this on hos own and if the BE assists them as well but not us it would seem.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”