udonmap.com

Falang in Udon Police Station

Post by fredwilliams » December 10, 2014, 12:07 pm

How did he get caught?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 10, 2014, 12:23 pm

Gosh fred - I thought you were going to ask if anyone knew where the Udon Police Station is. ;)

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » December 10, 2014, 12:56 pm

To avoid another thread,route numbers 5,9&15 will get you there ;)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 10, 2014, 4:07 pm

The question of how he got caught is rather superfluous as he overstayed for 14 months, does not take a degree in rocket science to ascertain they eventually a drunk who must drink will eventually fall into the BIB's hands.

johnnycash

Post by johnnycash » December 10, 2014, 8:19 pm

He got caught because he had an issue with his landlady to which I don't have any details. She notified the old bill and then the ball started rolling. I saw Adrian today quite in high spirits, despite being incarcerated and most of all impeccably groomed, clean clothes and ......dressed as a Teacher. He is reading books supplied by compassionable ppl and that is really the only thing he can do right now.

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » December 11, 2014, 7:40 am

wazza wrote:Interesting that sadly some people only comment on some of the many symptoms of alcoholism. Its a disease just like gambling is or other forms of addiction. It has huge social , clinical and personal side effects.
Alcoholism, gambling, drug addiction are diseases???

Sorry but I met all of them in some of my friends, 99% som nam na, 99% their own fault, addictions could have been avoided by using their brains which they obviously lost somewhere under way. They always have lots of excuses for their sad behavior. Excuses are only excuses.

Huge social, clinical and personal side effects"? yes, yes and yes.

Lets just hope the man in this topic will remain clean, but that is HIS issue.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » December 11, 2014, 3:32 pm

Thalenoi your attitude stinks ,you no nothing about this mans plight yet you post something stupid ,look into the facts before you spout off about other peoples downfalls.
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 11, 2014, 5:43 pm

Thalenoi

You forgot nicotine as the worlds most addictive substance.

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » December 11, 2014, 7:09 pm

Call me ole but naming someone their former employer ans their drug/booze addiction should be against forum rules.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » December 11, 2014, 7:55 pm

Quite true ,the last 2 posters =D>

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 12, 2014, 4:12 am

fredwilliams wrote:Call me ole but naming someone their former employer ans their drug/booze addiction should be against forum rules.
I agreee with not naming former employees but agree that this guys ID should be revealed although not all of his previous misdemeanours are revealed in depth. I for one, am now aware of who he is and will not be 'roped in' to assist him in the future whereas I may have previously without prior knowledge.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » December 12, 2014, 5:31 am

socksy wrote:
fredwilliams wrote:Call me ole but naming someone their former employer ans their drug/booze addiction should be against forum rules.
I agreee with not naming former employees but agree that this guys ID should be revealed although not all of his previous misdemeanours are revealed in depth. I for one, am now aware of who he is and will not be 'roped in' to assist him in the future whereas I may have previously without prior knowledge.
With respect no one was asking you to get roped into anything, and you are on about his past, had he done anything to upset you in any way ? or are you just poking your nose in, don't forget there's good and bad in all of us ,of course you are entitled to your say, the way I read your post is you are very anti this guy for some reason.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 12, 2014, 5:57 am

dezzer wrote:
socksy wrote:
With respect no one was asking you to get roped into anything, and you are on about his past, had he done anything to upset you in any way ? or are you just poking your nose in, don't forget there's good and bad in all of us ,of course you are entitled to your say, the way I read your post is you are very anti this guy for some reason.
Dezzer. If I'm poking my nose in I would suggest that most posts in an 'open forum' are effectively doing the same. Forum's are for opinions and discussions or am I missing the point? By what I have read, this gentleman has received help in the past. I am not anti this guy whatsoever. There are many discussions here about people being duped for money by Thai wives/GF's and to me this geezer seems to have done the same - sadly for alcohol. Would you give a junkie begging on the street money for his next fix? I honestly feel sorry for the bloke. =;
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 12, 2014, 8:45 am

At the end of the day what happened happened, Adrian will hopefully fully recover from his ailments ( lets say that shall we ) and resume as near a normal life as possible. Many oif us I am sure who have helped him in the past feel sorry for the guy, but in the end his situation is purely as a result of his own actions and a spell incarcerated, will hopefully do more good then harm. His stay in Bangkok will I am sure will not be the same as the detention cell in Udon Police Station and he will be deported no matter what due to his overstay, but I am sure when he gets his faculties together and surmounts the addiction then he will return , or not as the case maybe.

Maybe Mods this can be closed as the OP started it to inform us all and now the reason for starting has been dealt with and the person has been moved.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 12, 2014, 11:16 am

I think that's a bit soon KP. It would be interesting to hear he's been deported and is back in Udon teaching English before Christmas. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 12, 2014, 11:26 am

all overstays that you get arrested for get you blacklisted now, and overstays of more than 3 month automatically get you banned even if you pay. don't think we will be seeing him back soon
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 12, 2014, 11:29 am

Well then, this is going to be very interesting. I suspect he's got a bad case of Thai fever as have many readers of this forum even if they are a Thai basher. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » December 12, 2014, 12:15 pm

Has he managed to get in touch with any family or friends for financial support. if required.
If he hasn't got the money for a ticket back home then he ain't go anywhere even after his sentence is done.
As mentioned earlier, a friend who recently spent 51 days in detention informed me of a number of foreigners who have spent over 2 years, majority of which was post sentence, waiting to go home but no means to pay.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » December 12, 2014, 12:25 pm

papafarang wrote:all overstays that you get arrested for get you blacklisted now, and overstays of more than 3 month automatically get you banned even if you pay. don't think we will be seeing him back soon
as far as i could learn from this thread:
  • he overstayed 14 month
  • he was apprehended
so check the actual penalty:
overstay_2014_08_25.jpg
plus 20'000 THB fine.
so the best for him to happen is to get enough money for the fine and a ticket back home.
thailand won't be his home for the next 10 years to come.

always remember: overstaying isn't a "gentleman's offense" - it's a crime.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”