Teaching at Udonpitt or Don Bosco

General Udon Thani topics only!
udonsmiles
udonmap.com

Post by udonsmiles » April 2, 2015, 2:53 pm

Buddy of mine who has been working in Bangkok for the last year is looking to move up here. Talking on the phone to him yesterday and he says both Don Bosco and Udonpitt are advertising for native speaking English teachers. He says he will apply to both but asked me which one has the better reputation with regards to how it treats its employees etc.

The only info I could give is that I had heard Udonpitt has far less native speakers teaching in the English Program than it used to. This came from A Thai teacher who works there and quite frankly I am not sure how useful it is.

Anybody got any experiences they would care to share please?

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com

Post by Dreamcatcher » April 3, 2015, 11:42 pm

If it is of any help, here's my input.

Heard of Don Bosco and Udon Pittaya during my first few months here in Udon during conversations with friends who are in the teaching profession.

Honestly, I'm a newbie in Udon (just a little less than 6 months. Hence, do not take this as gospel).

With regards to your questions, most of my teaching friends are inclined towards Don Bosco with regards to perks and remunerations.

I can't say how much it differs but from the gist of it, seems Don Bosco comes out tops.

Cheerios
"Speak only if it improves upon the silence." Gandhi

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » April 6, 2015, 9:33 am

Make SURE you have all the necessary paper WORK<>visa, work permit, etc.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 6, 2015, 10:03 am

It is interesting to note that although DB seems to come out top, their remuneration has not changed for over 4-5 years so in fact they are get teachers on the cheap , however they have upped the prices parents pay and increased class sizes, so DB is in a win win situation at the moment.

rufus
udonmap.com

Post by rufus » April 6, 2015, 7:10 pm

Khun Paul wrote:It is interesting to note that although DB seems to come out top, their remuneration has not changed for over 4-5 years so in fact they are get teachers on the cheap , however they have upped the prices parents pay and increased class sizes, so DB is in a win win situation at the moment.
No! Win students, lose decent teachers.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 7, 2015, 1:28 am

A lot of people in farangland have experienced something similar in this time period with their salaries and wages. The playing fields seem commonly to favour employers these days.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”