Thai and Farang at Thailands beaches. Different worlds

General Udon Thani topics only!
waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » April 11, 2015, 12:48 am

The differences in life-style and expectations for individual behaviour could hardly be more clashing than on the meetings of Gen. Prayuth with different categories of humans end of last month on Thailand beaches.

Both groups seem to believe that they are dressed appropriately.
Prayuth and the Beach-Farangs.jpg
The Thais are too polite to let them realize their outsider-role and their communication skills leave much to be desired.
Prayuth No. 1 communmication skills.jpg
Here the video of the short talk:

And here the somewhat longer video showing the fundamental differences. The Farangs at the Beach are members of an Ape's Park it seems.

Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » April 14, 2015, 6:30 pm

Yep, old balls and guts himself!

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » April 14, 2015, 6:51 pm

He gonna send Thai people to Holland? Could that be because Thai aircraft are banned from Japan?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 14, 2015, 8:32 pm

"Both groups seem to believe that they are dressed appropriately."

Well having just come back from a trip down South, I can't remember seeing any Thai's dressed in a Cowboy Hat and a Coat on any of the beaches I visited. I DID however see several dressed in Swimming trunks/shorts and bikinis. :-k

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » April 15, 2015, 3:14 am

Apparently, none of the Dutch were informed in advance, that they would be visited by a high-ranking Thai delegation dressed "casually" - in their understanding. And all of the Dutch did not have enough empathy to think about a proper adoption to the encounter - dress-wise. So: Apes met Humans. :lol:
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 15, 2015, 7:13 am

I can see only a 900lb gorilla in the videos, but no apes. :-k

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 15, 2015, 8:35 am

waanjai wrote:Apparently, none of the Dutch were informed in advance, that they would be visited by a high-ranking Thai delegation dressed "casually" - in their understanding. And all of the Dutch did not have enough empathy to think about a proper adoption to the encounter - dress-wise. So: Apes met Humans. :lol:
Given that as you say "None of the Dutch were informed in advance" . and that the "meeting" took place at the beach, I hardly think that dressing like someone auditioning for a part in "The Dukes of Hazzard" could possibly be described as dressing "casually" Waanjai :lol:
Also given that some DID know in advance about the encounter, perhaps it was not the Dutch who lacked enough empathy to think about a proper adoption to the encounter :-k

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”