Udonthani Governor axed for corruption.

General Udon Thani topics only!
Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com

Post by Dreamcatcher » May 16, 2015, 9:14 am

Udonthani governor, Noppawat Singsakda, have the 'honour' of being in the first batch of 45 high ranking officials axed under Section. 44 invoked by the PM and under investigation for corruption.

No surprise...but never thought that he would be in the first batch, though. Some guys in the municipal council must be in shivers now...lol.

Good riddance! Awaiting to see more heads rolled.

Cheerios

"Speak only if it improves upon the silence." Gandhi

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 16, 2015, 9:48 am

I like this dictator thing, works much better than democracy here. things get done
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » May 16, 2015, 9:52 am

They just replace same for same, do you really think things will change ?

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com

Post by Dreamcatcher » May 16, 2015, 10:25 am

I agree, Papafarang! Though Gary has a point, too.

2 other Asean country has Section. 44 under their system (Singapore & Malaysia), though it differs in invocation.

In Singapore (was posted there for 8 years), Section. 44 are mostly invoked to incarcerate drug traffickers, and people who creates political dissent or for causing racial disharmony. They were detained without having being charged in the court of law and classified as CLD (Criminal Law Detainees). Their detention ranges from 5 to 32 years depending on severity. Malaysia does it, too.

IMO, it does served a purpose but definitely takes time to see the results. Especially, in Thailand where the most corrupt are in the upper echelons of power and the bottom feeders follows corruptly.

The general public are resigned to accept the practice that it's almost a culture. Sad but true!

Cheerios

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 16, 2015, 10:46 am

I am always surprised when people from countries which have liberal democratic political systems, including rule of law and proper separation of powers, advocate or support the opposite (ie dictatorship) in a country which they move to. :shock:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 16, 2015, 10:51 am

Let's see how the second attempt at resolving inflated lottery ticket prices goes.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 16, 2015, 10:59 am

And moore:

The Royal Thai Police disciplinary committee on Thursday resolved to dismiss former Bangkok metropolitan police commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Suchart Muankaew following the ruling of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) that he had committed serious malfeasance and had broken discipline for his role in the October 7 police crackdown on the Yellow Shirt protesters of the People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD).

Remember the shooting of the Monk here in Udon not long ago....UT Police Superintendant Transferred + CEO of AEK Udon-Hospital..And lastly:

SIX POLICE officers accused of kidnapping two Laotians over the weekend and demanding Bt2 million in ransom have been dismissed from their duties and face a probe.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Heart Breaking Sob Sob

Post by fdimike » May 16, 2015, 12:18 pm

BANGKOK: -- Invoking Section 44 of the interim constitution, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha has ordered the removal of the first batch of 45 officials and local administrators under investigation of corruption by the National Anti-Corruption Commission, the Office of the Auditor-General and the government sector’s anti-corruption committee.

The high-ranking officials axed include tourism and sports permanent secretary Suwat Sitthilor, tourism department director-general Arnuparb Kasetsuwan, physical education department director-general Pattana Chartkritbovorn, former forest director-general Boonchob Sutthamanaswong, chief inspector-general of finance Sathit Rangkhasiri, Udon Thani governor Noppawat Singsakda. =D> =D> =D>

Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel afterall.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » May 16, 2015, 12:24 pm

jackspratt wrote:I am always surprised when people from countries which have liberal democratic political systems, including rule of law and proper separation of powers, advocate or support the opposite (ie dictatorship) in a country which they move to. :shock:
=D> =D> =D>
Their naivety keeps amazing me. Probably they've never read Animal Farm.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Heart Breaking Sob Sob

Post by jackspratt » May 16, 2015, 12:27 pm

fdimike wrote: Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel afterall.
The only thing at the end of this tunnel is more corrupt officials/state employees and assorted hi-sos waiting for their turn at the trough. :(

What we are seeing is victor's justice, enabled by dictatorial power. I wonder what scrutiny the junta leader's bank account would bear? [-(

p.s. this is the third thread currently running this story. :D

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com

Post by Dreamcatcher » May 16, 2015, 1:19 pm

Naivete, is believing Thailand's democracy are obtained in the essence of the word!

Where art thou...Napolean?

Cheerios

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 16, 2015, 1:47 pm

Asiaphile wrote:
jackspratt wrote:I am always surprised when people from countries which have liberal democratic political systems, including rule of law and proper separation of powers, advocate or support the opposite (ie dictatorship) in a country which they move to. :shock:
=D> =D> =D>
Their naivety keeps amazing me. Probably they've never read Animal Farm.
well I think people that earn democracy don't appreciate it, we have revolutions, we chop off kings heads, we even have civil wars to gain it. every effort we have ever tried to force democracy (the western form) just falls flat on its face. mainly down to cultural or religious reasons. asia has a history of using icons such as mr kim from korea, his picture on every corner, even here , every time rthey have a vote its always "vote for this man" with big photos of smiling guys in white uniforms with shiny buttons, its not about content or policy, its about celebrity . with all the corruption ,democracy cannot flourish thais already know that, and sadly vote just for themselves and not for the good of all.
I myself have never voted, why ? politicians are a bunch self serving ,bs idiots. the people that keep our democracies running are the civil servants. the last uk election you could have voted for a monkey and the uk would still keep running. prime example, does anyone think our chancellor makes decisions about our economy . no .he has 50 economic advisors that tell him what must be done, he's just a mouth piece for them....and I did not vote for them either, no one did. that's democracy for you.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 16, 2015, 2:00 pm

Australia's previous goverment was not elected with a majority
They pulled strings to get power and then to hold it
One elected mp of the goverment was a criminal and should have been removed
but more strings were pulled so as not have charges laid during that goverments term
So that is Australia's democracy
Corrupt

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » May 16, 2015, 2:41 pm

noosard wrote:So that is Australia's democracy
Corrupt
Maybe time to hire Suthep to stage a reset? :wink:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 16, 2015, 2:52 pm

noosard wrote:Australia's previous goverment was not elected with a majority
but more strings were pulled so as not have charges laid during that goverments term
Corrupt
I think it was the rule of law noose. The legal system has to work through its processes and it can't leap to judgment without doing that. The case you mention was just a defendant playing the system as he's legally entitled to do.

I don't think the current government received over 50% of the votes either and it didn't get a majority in the Senate. The law says that doesn't matter and it's still a lawfully elected government. You seem to be longing for a different democratic system from that currently in Australia.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » May 16, 2015, 3:06 pm

No ideas on how to fix a place or people conditioned by decades of corruption, hard-wired to accept or abide by it.

But still, always fun to see this or that bum given the heave-ho.

Previous governor was a nice chap, a man of the people type. Retired now & running his organic farm.

Maybe he'lll make a brief return?

RW
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 16, 2015, 3:48 pm

GT
The case you mention was just a defendant playing the system as he's legally entitled to do.

No the case I was talking about was an ex union secretary using union funds for good time girls around the world
He used the 3 ds (deny deny deny)
Goverment at the time liked the civil war song " Look away look away"
Guilty as sin
No grey area for him to hide now
Think he got his holiday

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 16, 2015, 4:10 pm

Went looking for the clowns name by googling electrical union rep on fraud charges
Seems it is standard practise to rip off the union members worldwide
Must get use to having their snouts in the trough, so they move on to the big trough of politics

Googled Aust electrical union fraud
Found his name Craig Thomson
but a couple of other different union bottom feeders came up first
I see why now, I got the wrong union
He got 2 years but only has to spend 3 months on holiday
Still trying to appeal
Last edited by noosard on May 16, 2015, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 16, 2015, 4:18 pm

noosard wrote:Australia's previous goverment was not elected with a majority
Corrupt

A few facts:

- Craig Thomson was elected to federal parliament in November 2007
- he was re-elected as part of the previous government in August 2010
- he was investigated by the federal police and then NSW police from late 2012, and charged in January 2013
- the Gillard/Rudd government was booted in September 2013
- he was convicted on 13 counts of theft from the Health Services Union (HSU) in December 2014, and fined $25,000

A bit different to noosard's fantasy above.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 16, 2015, 4:22 pm

Not fantasy Jack
The truth
He stole money during his time as a union sectretary
Took 4 years to look at a couple of credit card statements to prove he stole

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”