Yorkshire terrier in Udon?

General Udon Thani topics only!
fussychunk
udonmap.com

Yorkshire terrier in Udon?

Post by fussychunk » March 3, 2007, 12:16 pm

Does anyone know were you can buy one of these sad dogs from in Udon Thani? The misses wants one, not that I spoil her that often...as long as she cleans up the mess it leaves and walks it, and gags it when it yaps.

Picture of a Yorkshire terrier

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 3, 2007, 12:27 pm

I must admit that I have never seen a Yorkshire terrier for sale in Udon. I think that the two main areas selling dogs (Pedigree ish :D ) are the Night Market (by 7/11) and 3 or 4 pet shops on Wattana Numong Road between Tikattanon and the road that the Irish Clock is on. I think that the night market is the more expensive of the two, with prices up to 3,000 baht even if you are Thai :D

bigtilly
udonmap.com

Post by bigtilly » March 3, 2007, 12:32 pm

I can't believe that this excuse for a dog ever hailed from the same Mighty County as myself! I'm sure there must have been a mix up with Lancashire at some time.
Bill.

fussychunk
udonmap.com

Post by fussychunk » March 3, 2007, 1:27 pm

bigtilly wrote:I can't believe that this excuse for a dog ever hailed from the same Mighty County as myself! I'm sure there must have been a mix up with Lancashire at some time.
Bill.
Definately not Lancashire, that urban place they called Madchester also has something to do with it...maybe its were they put the bows in.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 3, 2007, 5:13 pm

I think stan is your man for this type of thing, as i am sure he has a small one like that and i do remember he has a pink bow on it to. (he posted a photo once ! ) :D

valentine

Post by valentine » March 3, 2007, 5:31 pm

BM. Your latest avitar looks remarkably like the 8year old boy thats at the centre of an abuse order in the UK. Apparently the local council is suing the mother claiming her neglect of proper care in overfeeding him is causing undue distress to the poor lad.
Off topic I know, but sometimes we take better care of our pets than we do our kids.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 3, 2007, 5:36 pm

your right he do look like the lad,and he wants more chocolate.
with all that bouncing around he might lose a few kilo's.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » March 3, 2007, 8:13 pm

BobHelm wrote:I must admit that I have never seen a Yorkshire terrier for sale in Udon. I think that the two main areas selling dogs (Pedigree ish :D ) are the Night Market (by 7/11) and 3 or 4 pet shops on Wattana Numong Road between Tikattanon and the road that the Irish Clock is on. I think that the night market is the more expensive of the two, with prices up to 3,000 baht even if you are Thai :D
Shop that sells dogs at end of farang alley close to New York Club but very pricey, IMO. Saw some Beagles and retrievers (?) but asking 9-10,000 baht each. Dogs must have papers but didn't notice any inside their cages. :|

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 3, 2007, 8:18 pm

Polehawk,

Suggest that you send your TW along, alone. Don't know if it was for the dogs you saw, but they quoted 2,000 bhat to my TG. At the market they were quoting 4,000 (again to a Thai) but that was definately for a retriever.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 3, 2007, 8:21 pm

BobHelm wrote:Polehawk,

Suggest that you send your TW along, alone. Don't know if it was for the dogs you saw, but they quoted 2,000 bhat to my TG. At the market they were quoting 4,000 (again to a Thai) but that was definately for a retriever.
yes good tip,also my TW sometimes removes her gold chains and rings before she goes to some shops .

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » March 3, 2007, 8:37 pm

2,000 baht?!? Son of a bitch! :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Thanks, Bob. We didn't even try to negotiate their price since we're still in the looking stage. Noticed the places near the 7-11 and on Wattana Numong Road so will take a look there. Agree it's a good idea to send the TW in first without the gold showing, BM. :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 3, 2007, 10:38 pm

Wooo yeah remove that "Tong", how much of a price hike would it be if my man Ba Baracus wanted to buy one of those puppy dawgs.

He ain't gettin on no plane.
(well not from Suvarnabhumi Airport anyway) LOL

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » March 4, 2007, 3:23 am

My question..

Does anybody vaguely normal decide they will live in Udonthani now?? Or is it full of the "beer monkeys" who would rather post as the disappointed on Utube as "Chris"... who had a bad wife... and was a "Mr Nicey"

Search..... for those who have vague computer awareness

;)

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » March 4, 2007, 6:39 am

Yea Beer Monkey 8) "Lule Blitania.....Blitania Lules the waves" :lol: :lol:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » March 4, 2007, 6:49 am

beer monkey wrote:I think stan is your man for this type of thing, as i am sure he has a small one like that and i do remember he has a pink bow on it to. (he posted a photo once ! ) :D
Have a little Shih Tzu,don't have a clue about Terriers :lol: We looked at pups for a couple of years,when we saw Lita,we knew she was what we were looking for and we paid 5,000 Baht!We didn't negotiate.Later that day,sharing with the guys at the ''watering hole'',when asked how much I paid,there was a big laugh and I was informed that one guy bought a Shih Tzu for 500 baht #-o At the time I felt like a made a mistake,but no way.I have not seen another dog I would have traded ours for,nor have I seen a Shih Tzu prettier or stronger,Turns out the 500 baht one is a runt with a mix of colors :lol:

I suggest that you keep looking until you find the dog that suits you,the cost is the least of the process! :D

Seaserpent
udonmap.com

Post by Seaserpent » March 4, 2007, 5:45 pm

http://www.chotladayorkies.com/home.asp

This link may help you out.....

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”