Police Checks

General Udon Thani topics only!
stoneman
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by stoneman » October 29, 2015, 2:34 pm

I drive from Nong Wuaso to Udon twice a day dropping off and picking up our son from school...Up until a month ago, we always passed through, at least one police check a day...Mostly stopping motorbike riders and red light runners...

But now, they seem to have disappeared...This must be really making a dent in their pocketbooks...Is the reason for this that the Generalissimo told them to stop?

noosard
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by noosard » October 29, 2015, 2:52 pm

They can still do but have to have an inspector on site

Zidane
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by Zidane » October 29, 2015, 3:17 pm

They also have to have signage now warning motorists what they are driving into...

Maybe something like...."Police checkpoint ahead.please have the correct money.no change given." :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

parrot
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by parrot » October 29, 2015, 3:21 pm

I haven't seen a checkpoint in about 10 days....previously a daily occurrence at either the kilo 5/ring road intersection heading into town or just past the Days Inn near the airport or near the Airport Animal Hospital. I have seen the normal boot patrol running around town.

Will it last??

bumper
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by bumper » October 29, 2015, 4:50 pm

Didn't see one all the way to Phittsalanuk and back this last weekend.

maaka
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by maaka » October 29, 2015, 4:56 pm

PLENTY OF THEM ON THE RURAL ROADS..... two today, one the other day..checking passports

papaguido
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by papaguido » October 29, 2015, 7:02 pm

Haven't seen the almost regular check point at the old Big C intersection since the news broke on Oct 8th-"Mobile roadblocks against traffic violators scrapped nationwide"

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/mobile ... nationwide

rick
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by rick » October 29, 2015, 11:30 pm

Likewise I haven't seen the stop on the north side of the ringroad (next to railway track) in the last 3 weeks.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 30, 2015, 12:56 am

Just back from a lengthy trip taking in Ud - KK - Korat - Buriram - Bkk and MSK to name just a few ... went thru a total of 6 check points , slowed down but wasnt requested to pull over ,,numerous others were being asked to do so .. all were well sign posted and manned .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by FrazeeDK » October 30, 2015, 8:28 am

the weekend after the announcement on the cessation of unauthorized checkpoints I drove down Rte 2 south of Udon.. The Military/Police checkpoint about 8km south of the ring road was in action with one policeman sitting down under the shade tent and about 10 soldiers performing the stops... It appeared they were looking for someone/something...
Dave

bumper
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by bumper » November 1, 2015, 10:53 am

It was there yesterday two official at it stopped no one. 2 is a mess from rebuilding and repairs.

bumper
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by bumper » November 2, 2015, 6:06 pm

They are back as of today, sit up on the usual spot Ring Road at the railway tracks
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

parrot
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by parrot » November 2, 2015, 6:22 pm

We just returned from a trip to NKP/Ta-U-Ten......not a single cop in sight. That said, the highway from Udon to SakhonNakhon is being widened....from just past Nonghan. It's not bad.......but about 30 minutes slower going in each direction.

bumper
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by bumper » November 3, 2015, 12:23 pm

They are back at the rail rod today so that must be a permaneant one.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

parrot
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by parrot » November 3, 2015, 12:24 pm

Back at the kilo 5 intersection near Big C Nadee

macca46
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by macca46 » November 3, 2015, 12:38 pm

Also at the Khon Khan and ring road intersection both both side and there were plenty of them there Tea money must have dried up.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by papaguido » November 3, 2015, 2:25 pm

bumper wrote:They are back at the rail rod today so that must be a permaneant one.
Passed though the check point this morning and there appears to be a sign giving details of the check point. My wife didn't make it all out, but it references who ordered (by rank & name) the check point, name of officer in charge of conducting stops and possibly the type of stops being conducted.

pomps
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by pomps » November 5, 2015, 12:50 pm

Police checkpoint today if coming back from old Big C, on the ringroad after the railroad crossing before the khon kaen turning about an hour ago,loads more signage than normal for checkpoints,inspector on site 8)

pomps
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by pomps » November 5, 2015, 5:42 pm

Think the police checks near the airport netted far more income for the police than the one I passed through,seemed their interest was more for the lorries turning from Khon Kaen on their way to Laos,going the other way just one policeman.
Probably early days yet 8)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by Khun Paul » November 6, 2015, 5:47 am

Thius Police Checks thing is nothing new , the old system whereby they set up ostensibly to catch people mwho were doing something wrong ad hoc was not working and badly policed and in many cases caused absolute mayhem as they really had no idea how to run a road Check.
Now it would appear they have been going through a learning process ( about bloody time ) and maybe the set up will be more controlled and set up for a reason judging by all the information being available.

They still do not get the point that IF they actually policed and fined for all offences not just the ones they feel like then eventually the offenders would diminish and life would be safer on the roads for us all. That is the goal and judging by the constant news reports about bad driving, deaths and the statistics then their current policy is not working.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”