Any call for a High End Computer shop? Gamers etc?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 12, 2016, 5:33 pm

I own Papa Liam Internet shop but after struggling to ever find anything for my high end gamer rigs (personal).. I was thinking of opening a computer shop that sold REAL DECENT gear for fast PC peeps. There isnt one in Issan. Just the usual plod along stuff that everyone sells.

I'm çurrently putting together 2 Occulus Rift rigs (VR stuff that would blow your mind).. one for me - the other for the kids in the shop to see another world. For example the graphic cards are circa 26k baht..

Although that is a bit extreme.. There seems to be no suppliers of decent stuff.

IF anyone replies to this.. (no trolls).. and there seems to be some interest I might grab the shop next door (JUST for sale).. and put something together. Any gamers or high end users out there? Cheers.. Liam Dale

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » February 13, 2016, 2:45 pm

> There seems to be no suppliers of decent stuff.

Definitely true - and a shame as well. Just go out and try to buy a decent monitor for your computer. All you get is cheap 15" crap. As soon as it costs more than 5,000 Baht it turns out to be a TV, not a computer monitor.

In Pattaya you just walk into the next shop and get a 34" curved wide screen LG (around 30,000 Baht) and take it home - after you verified the screen works and has no dead pixels, of course. Here in Udon all you get is Lazada's uncertainty...

They sell TVs that cost up to 100,000 Baht, standing around in all the shops. What is their problem with other stuff?

Gar
udonmap.com

Re: Any call for a High End Computer shop? Gamers etc?

Post by Gar » February 14, 2016, 7:55 pm

Not meant to be a troll; when I'm buying quality parts for my computers, I order from Bangkok and wait the couple of days for the package to arrive at my house. I agree, the is a lack of available parts in Udon for off the shelf, but there is no lack if you know what you want and can wait a couple of days.

Gar
udonmap.com

Re: Any call for a High End Computer shop? Gamers etc?

Post by Gar » February 14, 2016, 8:01 pm

So, for my own shopping, I've got an established relationship with an online retailer. I doubt I'd change that for an unknown local shop that may or may not have the parts I'm looking for. (And if the part has to be ordered in, I'd rather have it come to my door than make a special trip into town.)

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 17, 2016, 12:09 pm

I hear you Gar. I dont like to order if I can manage not to. 1) Impatient gamer nature. 2) I like to test asap.. this being Thailand.. :-) However there doesnt seem to be many pro gamers here.. so prob a waste of time/monies. I'll settle for putting some shelving up in the internet shop and carrying a few bits. Thanks for feedback peeps.. as a btb.. NOT ONE shop player has even heard of VR/Occulus Rift etc.. and the thought of a 29k graphic card goggle bogs them. So be it. :-)

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 17, 2016, 12:12 pm

Oh Techland.. I've so far bought 18 new 24" Samsung.. Its a good monitor. My personal rig has six monitors.. funnily enough as I slowly replace the 23" through the shop they pull the screens even closer to their eyes when play Fifa and HON! Go figure.. but I suppose it helps them "immerse" more.. gonna blow minds when they experience VR.
(PS.. a lot of second hand 23" monitors for sale.. ;-)... )

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » February 17, 2016, 2:14 pm

Liam Dale wrote:
(PS.. a lot of second hand 23" monitors for sale.. ;-)... )
Seriously I'd be interested in one...What brand and model and how much...?? PM me...

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » February 17, 2016, 4:38 pm

> Oh Techland.. I've so far bought 18 new 24" Samsung..

How does that relate to my post? Where is the shop where I can see, check and then take away such monitors? Apart from that my bar is a lot higher than that (see my post).

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » February 17, 2016, 6:51 pm

Maybe you missed my point techland.. I was saying its easy to buy 24" Samsung monitors in Udon.. but only 2/3 at a time. I combine getting Advice to check WHICH stores have stock and Landmark.. but Landmark is carrying less n less now. When I buy 2/3.. they tend to ship in more the next day from BKK. I've bought over 30 GT730 graphic cards in a day in Udon by just circling the stores. Thankfully I'm done for now.

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » February 19, 2016, 12:37 pm

Well, I read your post several times, and obviously we have a very different understanding of the word 'easy'. ;)

johnwills
udonmap.com

Post by johnwills » February 19, 2016, 1:09 pm

I'll want an Occulus Rift at some point this year, so it means a new graphics card as well, so I'd probably check out your shop if you had one in Udon.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”