Drunk on a Motorbike

General Udon Thani topics only!
Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by Pooclover » April 12, 2016, 6:52 pm

I have just seen a drunken Thai man of about 30 years old fall of his stationary motorcycle at the traffic lights near Macdonald’s. I stopped to help him up and discreetly pocketed his motorbike keys then tossed them over a wall 100 yards further down the road… I would like to think that I have done him a favor… :D

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by newtovillagelife » April 12, 2016, 6:55 pm

Well lets hope he finds his keys, and doesn't remember you.

macca46
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by macca46 » April 12, 2016, 7:06 pm

You sure did if you look at the stats I posted under songkran 2559 at least he is still in the land of the living.

wazza
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by wazza » April 13, 2016, 9:51 am

Pooclover wrote:I have just seen a drunken Thai man of about 30 years old fall of his stationary motorcycle at the traffic lights near Macdonald’s. I stopped to help him up and discreetly pocketed his motorbike keys then tossed them over a wall 100 yards further down the road… I would like to think that I have done him a favor… :D
Why not call the Police ?

Pooclover
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by Pooclover » April 13, 2016, 10:08 am

The Police did indeed turn up… Shorty followed by an Ambulance… The guy was attempting to push his bike along the road and he was hit by a car… Seems to me the Grim Reaper had his card marked no matter what he done…

socksy
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by socksy » April 13, 2016, 1:24 pm

Som Nam Na - leave the ***** to it and don't get involved. Had he had any mates watching nearby or from a distance you would be occupying a hospital bed by now.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

neeemu
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by neeemu » April 13, 2016, 1:34 pm

Don't get involved is my thoughts entirely, it wouldn't have to be his mate for a Thai person(not all) to see such a thing a decide to teach the interfering farang his place.
His keys are probably more valuable to him than his life anyway!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 13, 2016, 2:13 pm

socksy wrote:Som Nam Na - leave the ***** to it and don't get involved. Had he had any mates watching nearby or from a distance you would be occupying a hospital bed by now.
neeemu wrote:Don't get involved is my thoughts entirely, it wouldn't have to be his mate for a Thai person(not all) to see such a thing a decide to teach the interfering farang his place.
His keys are probably more valuable to him than his life anyway!
Yes agree with both above comments it is often the best way to not get involved at all when witnessing incidents like this ... sure be a good Samaritan help the guy up , hang about and give the keys to the BIB or Ambulance crew when they arrived (you did say they turned up so must of still been in the area to see this) ...IN MY OPINION (others may not agree) but even with the guys personal safety and that of the general public in mind to throw the keys over a wall 100 yards away is OTT ..and rather unessessary and a nasty thing to do.... at that moment you thought it was the right course of action ... just hope his house and bank safety deposit box keys were not on the same keyfob .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Galee
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by Galee » April 13, 2016, 4:45 pm

Pooclover wrote:I have just seen a drunken Thai man of about 30 years old fall of his stationary motorcycle at the traffic lights near Macdonald’s. I stopped to help him up and discreetly pocketed his motorbike keys then tossed them over a wall 100 yards further down the road… I would like to think that I have done him a favor… :D
So you took his keys causing him to push his bike which resulted in him being hit by a car. How do you come to the conclusion that you did him a favour?

Pooclover
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by Pooclover » April 13, 2016, 4:57 pm

Yes I did see the mayhem that followed but only from a discreet distance… The guy looked rather annoyed that his keys went missing so there was no way I was going to own up to pocketing them… even if the Police were there… and I didn’t feel guilty at all about lobbing them over a wall… rather the opposite… In fact I slept rather well knowing that I had prevented a drunken tosspot from causing harm to others…

noosard
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by noosard » April 13, 2016, 5:18 pm

The guy was attempting to push his bike along the road and he was hit by a car…

A scene out of Monty Python

Too pist to walk
Too pist to remain stationary
So gets hit pushing his bike

The dangers of being on the road at any time
Let alone being half cut

Pooclover
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by Pooclover » April 13, 2016, 5:20 pm

Galee wrote:
So you took his keys causing him to push his bike which resulted in him being hit by a car. How do you come to the conclusion that you did him a favour?

He got what he deserved

papafarang
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by papafarang » April 13, 2016, 6:20 pm

what the car driver deserved it ? I hope the car driver don't end up paying bills . sounds spiteful behavior for no other reason than to be spiteful . at least you stopped to help him up, even if it was just so you could rob him ,should have taken his money too so he couldn't afford any more drink :lol: . mind you he was a tosspot and he deserved everything you caused to happen too him, and the poor car driver too. or put it this way, he might have had an accident, and your actions created an accident that left a guy with a scratched up car and a good possibility of having to pay police tea money for sorting the problem out.
as per everyone's advice , never get involved with thai peoples business, and if the police had known you took his keys you would have ended up at the station having to pay for everyone's bills plus a fine , because you would have been seen as the culprit that caused it all, that's how they think. they see it as actions and karma. the car ran into him so he will get cash , the driver will have to pay for the damage, and the police will have a nice evening out all on the car drivers wallet.. monty python is correct. hopefully the guy was not hurt
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Pooclover
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by Pooclover » April 13, 2016, 7:16 pm

papafarang wrote:what the car driver deserved it ? I hope the car driver don't end up paying bills . sounds spiteful behavior for no other reason than to be spiteful . at least you stopped to help him up, even if it was just so you could rob him ,should have taken his money too so he couldn't afford any more drink :lol: . mind you he was a tosspot and he deserved everything you caused to happen too him, and the poor car driver too. or put it this way, he might have had an accident, and your actions created an accident that left a guy with a scratched up car and a good possibility of having to pay police tea money for sorting the problem out.
as per everyone's advice , never get involved with thai peoples business, and if the police had known you took his keys you would have ended up at the station having to pay for everyone's bills plus a fine , because you would have been seen as the culprit that caused it all, that's how they think. they see it as actions and karma. the car ran into him so he will get cash , the driver will have to pay for the damage, and the police will have a nice evening out all on the car drivers wallet.. monty python is correct. hopefully the guy was not hurt
His actions that preceded my actions, the actions of consuming an excessive amount of alcohol and taking charge of a motor vehicle, are the actions that caused him to find himself in a situation that ultimately led him to the misfortunate action of being in a collision with the fore mentioned automobile.

Galee
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by Galee » April 13, 2016, 8:09 pm

Pooclover wrote:
Galee wrote:

He got what he deserved
Says who? You?

You come across as a holier than thou vigilante. [-X

wazza
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by wazza » April 13, 2016, 8:46 pm

Pooclover wrote:
papafarang wrote:what the car driver deserved it ? I hope the car driver don't end up paying bills . sounds spiteful behavior for no other reason than to be spiteful . at least you stopped to help him up, even if it was just so you could rob him ,should have taken his money too so he couldn't afford any more drink :lol: . mind you he was a tosspot and he deserved everything you caused to happen too him, and the poor car driver too. or put it this way, he might have had an accident, and your actions created an accident that left a guy with a scratched up car and a good possibility of having to pay police tea money for sorting the problem out.
His actions that preceded my actions, the actions of consuming an excessive amount of alcohol and taking charge of a motor vehicle, are the actions that caused him to find himself in a situation that ultimately led him to the misfortunate action of being in a collision with the fore mentioned automobile.
Contributory Cause of his injuries - Alcohol causing him to fall off / etc originally interface you had with him

Root Cause of his injuries, unable to move his bike correctly off the road to avoid an incident, caused by not having his keys

Who says he was going to ride off again ???

papafarang
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by papafarang » April 13, 2016, 8:51 pm

who would leave a drunk to push a bike down a busy road, sounds like an accident waiting to happen...oh yeh it did :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by jai yen yen » April 14, 2016, 12:02 am

Sometimes you can't win in Thailand no matter what you do. We think differently than most Thais and our thoughts and views are not often appreciated.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by redwolf » April 14, 2016, 2:21 am

Pooclover, tell true yer just lyin', just troll postin'.

You made up a story on the p1$s and are just having us for a laugh. The reason I think it's fake is because you hid the second part of the story while posting the first part. If you'd just been back after doing all this, and said you "thought you'd done him a favor", you'd known already how it had worked out bad. Why would you forget to mention all that till someone else replied a day later?

Doesn't add up.

If you did do all this, -you're liable in a criminal act, e.g. you executed a theft which directly resulted in an injury / hospitalization, to a Thai citizen. All captured on CCTV no doubt. Ambulance likely needed elsewhere for something far more critical.

Too bad you gave a location (McDonald's), location of the keys, and a written statement online detailing exactly what you did.

The real move would have been to help him up after he fell off his bike, pull his bike out of traffic if needed, convince him to call his missus or girlfriend etc to ride him back home. They or some uncle / brother/ cousin / buddy would have probably showed up in minutes and done deal. You'd have a friend out of that for sure.

Or, like many have said, just leave it be.

Alas, my vote is the story is fake.

RW
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Udon Map
Admin

Drunk on a Motorbike

Post by Udon Map » April 14, 2016, 9:09 am

redwolf wrote:Pooclover, tell true yer just lyin', just troll postin'. ... Alas, my vote is the story is fake.
Yeah, some of it didn't really add up for me, either.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”