Bigger size men's clothes

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 14, 2016, 6:03 am

When I first came here I couldn't find men's clothes in bigger sizes, Thai xxl is about the same as a UK large. Just recently I have found two places that do bigger clothes so I thought I'd share the info in case anyone is having the same problem. The first one is on the ground level of the Big C on Pho Sri road, near the nong bua market and I've just found a new one in UD TOWN, the the left of the Chang Beer Park if you're facing the stage, he's a bit more expensive than the other one but his shirts are a lot nicer.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

cambsangler
udonmap.com

Post by cambsangler » April 14, 2016, 6:37 am

There is another one on the east side of the city. If you head for Global House on the ring road and drive a little past it, there is an indoor market. Tucked away in here somewhere, there is a shop with a pretty decent range most of the time.

I found it purely by chance so could not give directions but it was not at the end near the car park if memory serves me well.

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » April 14, 2016, 8:22 am

cambsangler wrote:There is another one on the east side of the city. If you head for Global House on the ring road and drive a little past it, there is an indoor market. Tucked away in here somewhere, there is a shop with a pretty decent range most of the time.

I found it purely by chance so could not give directions but it was not at the end near the car park if memory serves me well.
Place is BoBe and it is L-shaped. That shop is located to long side, about middle of it. 17.425603, 102.813751 are almost correct coordinates. Shop was before next to back door (one of those, east side), but now it has moved few meters north.
About middle of the main building, a reasonable big open area with shoe seller and some other items around. Now that shop is at start of east side corridor going north and starting from that area. They did have several size variations, but last time most of the clothes were tent size. I can use Thai xxxl or even 4xl, but those were mostly too big. Good thing that only wide, not too long.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » April 14, 2016, 9:01 am

Last edited by Lone Star on March 6, 2019, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 14, 2016, 5:10 pm

The Factory Outlet? Mall near HomePro also has some larger clothes, or so i am told.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » April 14, 2016, 7:48 pm

Hi, on the subject of larger clothes, can any forumite advise whether there are any shoe outlets in UT that sell size 12 shoes, or alternatively if there are any tailor made shoe places. Thanks in anticipation.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » April 14, 2016, 8:09 pm

Last edited by Lone Star on March 6, 2019, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » April 14, 2016, 9:46 pm

Thanks Lonestar. I have blown out my trekking shoes whilst in South America. The only place l could find in the north east was a shoemaker in Nakhon Phanom who still had all the templates as a result of the presence of US military personnel based in the Nakhon Phanom area. Beautifully made shoes none the less.

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » April 15, 2016, 8:05 am

Can’t find clothes to fit….? There is one more option…. Go on a diet… simple as that…. Problem solved… :roll:

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » April 15, 2016, 10:50 am

On the road towards Nong Hahn, just after the overpass over the ringroad, there is a gas station on the left. Behind the gas station is a shop selling leather shoes. In that shop you can order customized shoes made to your size as well. The shoes are made in a local factory between Udon Thani and Nong Hahn.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 15, 2016, 11:05 am

Bought a pair of leather golf shoes from the factory about 10 years ago
Also a pair of leather shoes.
Both excellent quality & still have the golf shoes after getting new soles put on only last year

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » April 15, 2016, 11:59 am

At the PTT (Kritchai Service area) fuel station east of the old Big C (Hwy 2 and Hwy 22 junction) headed towards Sakon Nakhon there is an OTOP shop advertising hand made shoes. I've not bought anything there but it may be worth your while to take a look. Perhaps you could order something.

Map here:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.38461 ... 6.5z?hl=en

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » April 16, 2016, 3:09 am

Thanks Shado and Mortsyn

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » April 16, 2016, 8:21 am

There is a real shoemaker för leather shoes on Prajak Sillapakom Rd. This is the road that curves behind Landmark Plaza Between Udon Dutsadi Rd and Prajak Rd. It is very close to Prajak Rd on the side facing Landmark.

Other places to look for large size clothes would be the second hand markets. I like the one opposite Posri Village on Posri Rd. Another one would be the Tuk Tuk Army shop on the road to Kumpawapi just 50 meters to the left when you turn of the main highway south going to Kumpawapi.

My third tip for large shirts etc is on Posri Rd, somewhere close to Ampoe Rd on the south side. Shop looks small from the outside but has a good collection of shirts in all sizes.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » April 24, 2016, 8:49 am

Boots custom made shop across from the downtown Bus Depot look like an alley way first place in the right. Shirts pick out a material you want and just have them made Give them an old shirt and they can make it exactly the same size. Ask around and you will fins someone who will do it for a reasonable cost. I needed them with button down collars and two pockets that buttons at the time cost me About 350 Baht at the time. Pants no idea
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

broon97
udonmap.com

Post by broon97 » April 25, 2016, 9:43 am

bumper wrote:Boots custom made shop across from the downtown Bus Depot look like an alley way first place in the right. Shirts pick out a material you want and just have them made Give them an old shirt and they can make it exactly the same size. Ask around and you will fins someone who will do it for a reasonable cost. I needed them with button down collars and two pockets that buttons at the time cost me About 350 Baht at the time. Pants no idea
Any recommendations for shirts would be appreciated including cost estimate.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”