Coca Cola. Odd taste?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Mudguard
udonmap.com

Coca Cola. Odd taste?

Post by Mudguard » April 24, 2016, 7:52 pm

I have bought cola in packs lately... On two occasions the taste is not what cola taste like from past experience..

Has anyone else found any taste variation of late? I think it is awful and it is turning me off it after 50 years.. :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Coca Cola. Odd taste?

Post by Airportwo » April 25, 2016, 12:29 pm

Probably the E338 – Orthophosphoric Acid or the ten teaspoons of sugar that it is made with!

redwolf
udonmap.com

Coca Cola. Odd taste?

Post by redwolf » April 25, 2016, 3:48 pm

Mudguard wrote:I have bought cola in packs lately... On two occasions the taste is not what cola taste like from past experience..

Has anyone else found any taste variation of late? I think it is awful and it is turning me off it after 50 years.. :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
It's different. It's licensed in different parts of the world to be made by different beverage factories. So they don't always stick to the main recipe. In India it's even been noted that high levels of arsenic are detected.

Could be that or something else. Maybe it's Lao-made fake.
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Zidane
udonmap.com

Coca Cola. Odd taste?

Post by Zidane » April 25, 2016, 4:46 pm

Maybe depends where the packs have been stored before being taken into the shop ?
If they have been stored outside for any length of time in this heat it could affect the composition of the drink.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Coca Cola. Odd taste?

Post by Khun Paul » April 26, 2016, 7:14 am

There are so many generic names being used by manufacturers now that I personally stick to Pepsi max , we have Big C Cola, ESL Cola, Cola, Coco Cola ( of course ) it would not surprise me one jot that a bottler put the wrong label on the wrong Coke and ignored it thinking that the public will not notice.

Ever since they started new names for an age old drink I became very wary, I stick to Coke Light or Pepsi max, th only one that comes in large bottles in the Pepsi Max sometimes hard to find but the taste is ALWAYS the same.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Coca Cola. Odd taste?

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 26, 2016, 11:48 am

Zidane wrote:Maybe depends where the packs have been stored before being taken into the shop ?
If they have been stored outside for any length of time in this heat it could affect the composition of the drink.
A very valid point Zid.

If you buy bottled soft drinks including coke directly or indirectly from Makro theres a good chance it may taste a tadge strange , last few visits i have seen pallets n pallets of coke , Fanta etc bottled drinks stored in the space far right car park area , whoes to say how long it stays there but no cover baking hot etc , aint no expert but i would say it could possibly effect the product ... JUST A THOUGHT .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Coca Cola. Odd taste?

Post by parrot » April 26, 2016, 2:21 pm

I've seen pickup trucks loaded with supplies headed back toward Nongbualamphu. Soda, beer, sometimes meatballs or those radioactive small red sausages.....baking in the back of the truck on the way home. Pit stop for bbq chicken lunch on the way home. Eww!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”