Living will Thai sample form

General Udon Thani topics only!
the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 9, 2016, 1:49 pm

I made a living will and would like to have it in Thai also, i know i could have it translated but i am looking for a pre-printed modifiable Thai language form that you can customized by selecting various options to suit one s needs. A form that would be easily understood by physicians and hospital staff.. Has anyone ever seen one of these form?
Thanks in advance.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » May 9, 2016, 4:26 pm

I can help you. Allow me two or three days, to do some editing, after which I will PM you.

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » May 10, 2016, 9:12 am

Only problem with a WILL is will it be accept in your Home Country as well as Thailand.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » May 10, 2016, 10:03 am

bigsnake wrote:Only problem with a WILL is will it be accept in your Home Country as well as Thailand.
bigsnake,
With respect, the OP's request is in relation to a LIVING Will, which would be effective in THAILAND. You appear to have overlooked his statement that he has already made a Living Will, effective in his Home Country.
If your question was intentionally in relation to a WILL, the simplistic answer is that, in my personal opinion, the best procedure is to make a separate Will, in accordance with Thai Law, providing specifically that it is in relation only to your assets held in Thailand; this would be in addition to a Will, made under the Laws of your Home Country, covering your remaining assets, assuming you possessed any there, or elsewhere..
Incidentally, my personal recommendation is that copies of both the Living Will and Will, effective under Thai Law, be lodged with the 'Testator's' Home Country Consulate in Thailand, since it would normally be the Thai Authorities first point of contact, before taking any decisive action.
Hope that helps.

JohnG
udonmap.com

Post by JohnG » May 15, 2016, 1:45 am

the-monk wrote:I made a living will and would like to have it in Thai also, i know i could have it translated but i am looking for a pre-printed modifiable Thai language form that you can customized by selecting various options to suit one s needs. A form that would be easily understood by physicians and hospital staff.. Has anyone ever seen one of these form?
Thanks in advance.
Both Bumrungrad and Bangkok Hospital Pattaya have standard (but different) downloadable forms that can readily be found on line.

Living wills were only legal in Thailand following a change to the law effective 2011, so I'd suggest that following a format that recognises the Thai law rather than just knocking something up yourself may be advisable

JohnG
udonmap.com

Post by JohnG » May 15, 2016, 1:52 am

mathusalah80 wrote:
bigsnake wrote:Incidentally, my personal recommendation is that copies of both the Living Will and Will, effective under Thai Law, be lodged with the 'Testator's' Home Country Consulate in Thailand, since it would normally be the Thai Authorities first point of contact, before taking any decisive action.
Hope that helps.
Most Embassies will refuse to hold copies of any Wills, be they Living Wills or Last Wills, as it isn't their responsibility.

If you have a regular hospital, such as Bangkok Udon, they should keep a copy of your Living Will with your hosputal docs, as Bumrungrad and BHP do.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » May 15, 2016, 5:22 am

JohnG wrote:
mathusalah80 wrote:
bigsnake wrote:Incidentally, my personal recommendation is that copies of both the Living Will and Will, effective under Thai Law, be lodged with the 'Testator's' Home Country Consulate in Thailand, since it would normally be the Thai Authorities first point of contact, before taking any decisive action.
Hope that helps.
1)Most Embassies will refuse to hold copies of any Wills, be they Living Wills or Last Wills, as it isn't their responsibility.
2)If you have a regular hospital, such as Bangkok Udon, they should keep a copy of your Living Will with your hosputal docs, as Bumrungrad and BHP do.
1) Interesting statement. It would be both constructive, and helpful to members, if you kindly listed the Embassies which have informed you to this effect.
2) Certainly wouldn't do any harm. Would you advise members to similarly establish a file with ALL the major hospitals, in the area of their residence since, in the case of an emergency, the police involved habitually call for an ambulance from the hospital of THEIR choice, :-" which may not be the persons regular hospital?

JohnG also wrote: "Living wills were only legal in Thailand following a change to the law effective 2011, so I'd suggest that following a format that recognises the Thai law rather than just knocking something up yourself may be advisable"

With respect, it seems you have misinterpreted the posts. This thread does not contain any suggestion that the OP 'knock something up'; to the contrary, the OP, specifically sought help, prior to taking action. This help, I was able to provide, (deliberately BY PRIVATE PM and PRIVATE email communication), to HIS satisfaction :D . I also,, draw your attention to my above quoted post , in which I specifically wrote, inter alia I ".....effective under Thai Law...." which I suggest, most respectfully of course, renders your suggestion superfluous [-X

Since the OP's purpose in posting has been fulfilled, I am finished on this thread. But despair not JohnG, all is not lost! :( I note you have already dared to post a reprimand, (directed at the self professed world's top Probate expert, no less :shock: ), elsewhere. Given he is already embroiled in an extremely long drawn out, somewhat nit picking dialogue with yet another 'expert', there is every indication you three experts will have great fun, well into the foreseeable future, indulging in a 'mine is bigger than yours' contest. Enjoy. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 15, 2016, 11:40 am

mathusalah80 wrote:Since the OP's purpose in posting has been fulfilled, I am finished on this thread. But despair not JohnG, all is not lost! :( I note you have already dared to post a reprimand, (directed at the self professed world's top Probate expert, no less :shock: ), elsewhere. Given he is already embroiled in an extremely long drawn out, somewhat nit picking dialogue with yet another 'expert', there is every indication you three experts will have great fun, well into the foreseeable future, indulging in a 'mine is bigger than yours' contest. Enjoy. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Thanks for the shoutout, mathusalah, but I'm hardly a world expert, just someone who's done a lot of this. Appreciate the vote of confidence, though.

As you have done here, I have now completed my participation in that other discussion. It has become clear that my experience and knowledge can't match that of JohnG; so I'll just remain quiet and try to learn from someone who [at least believes that he] has more knowledge and experience.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » May 15, 2016, 2:43 pm

Udon Map wrote:...so I'll just remain quiet and try to learn from someone who [at least believes that he] has more knowledge and experience.
You should live so long Paul! ;) :lol:
Until another time; another thread; adieu.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » May 15, 2016, 4:01 pm

Have to agree with John G. A Living Will, current (2011) that will be accepted, and copies at your preferred hospital, in case you actually get a choice, and local trama centers. If in Udon, I would think those would be UT General Gov't Hosp, BKK Hospital, and since a foreigner, AEK, as you may end up getting dropped off there.

If you couldn't express your wishes verbally, guessing you would be at a trama center or something resembling. Also think Embassy would be totally useless, as by the time they got involved, and agree, doubt they would care to be, but if even possible, you'd probably already be on life support, so a mute subject after the fact. Guessing once hooked up to life support, the hospital / doc wouldn't be in any hurry to unhook. IMHO.

One might also want to pass a copy and information to your insurance carrier, who I'm sure will do their very best to keep you off life support. When they say they won't pay for, doubt if hospital will hook you up.

JohnG
udonmap.com

Post by JohnG » May 17, 2016, 11:02 pm

mathusalah80 wrote: 1) Interesting statement. It would be both constructive, and helpful to members, if you kindly listed the Embassies which have informed you to this effect.

It would probably be rather simpler, and a rather shorter list, if you were to provide a list of those embassies that are happy to hold your will for you. Does your own, for example, whatever that may be? Certainly the British, American and Australian embassies offer no such service.

2) Certainly wouldn't do any harm. Would you advise members to similarly establish a file with ALL the major hospitals, in the area of their residence since, in the case of an emergency, the police involved habitually call for an ambulance from the hospital of THEIR choice, :-" which may not be the persons regular hospital?

That's exactly what Bumrungungrad and the Bangkok Hospital Group
recommend. ... but I expect you know better.

JohnG also wrote: "Living wills were only legal in Thailand following a change to the law effective 2011, so I'd suggest that following a format that recognises the Thai law rather than just knocking something up yourself may be advisable.

This help, I was able to provide, (deliberately BY PRIVATE PM and PRIVATE email communication), to HIS satisfaction :D .

... and I'm sure you did an outstanding job, and are far better informed of the law as it concerns Living Wills and hospitals' obligations than Thailand's main international hospitals ... but maybe now others know where to look they too could be privy to this 'PRIVATE' information ... albeit from obviously far less informed sources than yourself. It's.a pity you don't feel like helping anyone else in a similar position... but as even Bumrungrad and the Bangkok Hospital Group can't agree over Doctors' legal obligations under the 2011 law maybe they'd appreciate your expert advice.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”