Udon Immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Immigration

Post by Brian Davis » November 25, 2016, 10:26 am

Is the rumour true that Immigration is giving out appropriate, early Christmas presents, but only to certain applicants? :-"
mugs.jpg
mugs.jpg (7.28 KiB) Viewed 1355 times

WizzWanger67
udonmap.com

Post by WizzWanger67 » November 25, 2016, 11:19 am

would they be ''TEA MUGS''? :D
Last edited by WizzWanger67 on November 25, 2016, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 25, 2016, 11:23 am

To compliment the Birdie 3:1 that 12345 donates every 90 days lol

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » November 25, 2016, 12:13 pm

Moconna 3/1........:lol: :lol: :lol:

If I didn't like them.... :roll: Nescafe......... :shock:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 23, 2016, 3:20 pm

My quarterly pilgrimage to UIO today ...painless as usual ..... followed by collection of my renewed work permit from the labour office on the ring rd ... again all very comfortable ... but a twist as heres a heads up for those thinking about getting a WP ... i applied for and got a 2 year WP now valid until 31st December 2018 , paid double the yearly fee and one set of company documentation including tax returns etc .....JOB DONE.

As norm the fella in the labour office did say a crack down is planned on those working without a permit but been saying that the last few years and nothing seems to ever happen but IMO better to be safe than sorry as the punishment for working without in permit is now more severe than in the past and can be quite costly ...

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 24, 2016, 12:54 pm

I recall reading a few years back that Udon IO had started adding their own '30-day pending' approval on Retirement Extensions that they normally could do same-day. Same-day service was still possible for an unpublished fee. A few were up in arms since the legitimate '30-day pending' on Marriage Extensions was due to their being approved at a regional level whereas Retirement Extensions are handled locally, in-house same as every other IO in Thailand.

Are they still doing this 30-day nonsense with Retirement extensions or was it shitcanned?

Any other local IO peculiarities for filing a Retirement Extension such as needing embassy income letters chopped by the MFA in Bangkok? This has been the case at a few other regional IO's.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » December 24, 2016, 1:13 pm

I extended my retirement visa in July and the "nonsense" with the wait or pay had stopped every thing done quickly, efficiently and at no charge.

malc123
udonmap.com

Post by malc123 » December 24, 2016, 2:34 pm

I went in Friday to do retirement visa in and out in 15mins do not have to return untill the 90 day.
malc123

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » December 24, 2016, 5:49 pm

I did my extension last Friday the year before got the boss there at opening and breezed through this year got the girl next to the one that is first in line all good except the bank I had got my letter two day prior from Bkk Bank with my passbook updated at the same time they wanted to see my bank book not good enough sent me to the bank to get another update unfortunatel'y my pension went in the day before with the new balance went back still not good enough had to go back again withdraw 100 baht and get a new balance FFS there is more than double in the account than required but was rejected as not dated on that date I also might add that the guy I thought was the big boss may not be after the first attempt he took my book to the woman who sits to his left but back to the wall shake of the head so go figure definitely no tip 555.

malc123
udonmap.com

Post by malc123 » December 25, 2016, 1:46 am

Tip Tip I never tip....

malc123

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » December 25, 2016, 2:13 pm

My Tip is always a big smile and firm hand shake.
Last month had to renew the 5 yr license, Imm. charged 1000 for 2 letters, 1-car, 1- motorbike (for a permission letter, really?) Then taxed another 1,800 at Driver liecense in A -Udon hospital building.
Five years ago I paid 300 tb for motorbike and they gave me the car for free. (in Phuket)
Always take a small bag of fruit or something. Mine was 15 tb
Fruit is good, its a Blessing and healthy

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » December 25, 2016, 8:09 pm

Pleased to see the majority seems to have a positive experience. Wish I could say the same.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » December 25, 2016, 8:25 pm

Well Gary, if you didn't give them such a hard time :D

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » December 26, 2016, 10:17 am

Did my 90 day report today. All over in 5 mins; left 20 baht in the tip jar. Stopped of for breakfast and home by 9 am.

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » December 26, 2016, 11:14 am

Every Year I tip 600 baht when I apply for my marriage visa extension... any small problems dissolve into thin air... a small price to pay...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 26, 2016, 12:41 pm

ajarnudon wrote:Did my 90 day report today. All over in 5 mins; left 20 baht in the tip jar. Stopped of for breakfast and home by 9 am.
Tell me you're kidding. These low-order, life-forms have a bloody tip jar on the desk? Time for a surreptitious picture and public airing of such blatant malfeasance...

Mind you, if the deputy chief of the Bangkok MiB can safely pocket a 50k baht a month 'fee' from a major booze supplier and all the anti-corruption and special prosecution cops agree that this is perfectly OK, dropping 20 baht (or 600 baht.. jeezuz wept) in an anonymous looking tip jar on a desk at Udon IO won't raise any eyebrows.

Do you have to attract their attention when making a deposit in the jar? Any eye contact to make sure they acknowledge that you know how miserably corrupt they are? Can one get the tip itemized on the receipt for tax purposes?

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » December 26, 2016, 5:06 pm

One thing for sure as long as we give they will take. 600 baht small price to pay heck some Thai's don't make that much in 2 days.

Have you tried it without the tip and making sure your documents are correct ?

I'm not putting you down, if you give a tip because you want to your business. As long as you understand it is not a requirement. But, for those of us who do our paper work correctly and pay the required fees. You not setting an easy standard. :-"
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Pooclover
udonmap.com

Post by Pooclover » December 26, 2016, 6:53 pm

bumper wrote: Every Year I tip 600 baht when I apply for my marriage visa extension... any small problems dissolve into thin air... a small price to pay...
Post by ajarnudon » December 26, 2016, 10:17 am
I have tried both methods…. Tipping and not tipping and believe me if you tip you do get a better service…. I always paper clip the money to the application form with the requested fee at the beginning so they see there is a tip included.

As for setting a bad standard by tipping…. Well I find it amusing that other falangs are made to jump through hoops to get their visa’s when all they need to do is to go with the flow … Tip a small amount for a quick and easy service…

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » December 26, 2016, 8:38 pm

Strange how I get good service without ever tipping.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Pooclover
udonmap.com

Post by Pooclover » December 26, 2016, 8:50 pm

fdimike wrote:Strange how I get good service without ever tipping.

Did you get tea and biscuits …? What about a soft comfy cushion to sit upon…? Maybe a neck massage while you wait….? By not tipping you just don’t know what you’re missing out on…. :D

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”