Udon Immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » July 14, 2016, 5:24 pm

Anyone know how long the 400.000 has to be in the bank before you can renew your extension based on marriage,ive heard its 2 months the first time and 3 months everytime after that,seems a bit mental to me,so its probably right :?i would go and ask at immo,but as we all know depends who you see and what side of the bed they got out

bumper
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by bumper » July 14, 2016, 5:33 pm

udonmark wrote:if their concern is you can support yourself does it matter if you have a lot sitting in the bank or receive money regularly?
I have a single I have to prove I get 65,000 baht a month from out side of Thailand

For married people it's 40K

Either way works

samuel
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by samuel » July 14, 2016, 6:11 pm

FLICKFLACKER404 wrote:Anyone know how long the 400.000 has to be in the bank before you can renew your extension based on marriage,ive heard its 2 months the first time and 3 months everytime after that....
correct. that's how it is.

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » July 14, 2016, 8:12 pm

samuel wrote:
FLICKFLACKER404 wrote:Anyone know how long the 400.000 has to be in the bank before you can renew your extension based on marriage,ive heard its 2 months the first time and 3 months everytime after that....
correct. that's how it is.
cheers

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by mathusalah80 » July 14, 2016, 8:31 pm

[quote="semperfiguy"]
As I was leaving I asked the officer if next year I could bring a letter from Bangkok Bank showing that I had a US Dollar Foreign Currency Deposit Account well in excess of the value of 800,000 Baht as required for the extension. By next June it will have been seasoned for way over the 3 month required period, and it is a fixed deposit account which can be accessed by me at any time should I need to take money out.

This query came up some years ago. Hope you are ready for this conundrum, which I present through the eyes and mind of the average IO tasked with interpreting the rules! :? \:D/

But first specifically Semperfiguy, why not convert the equivalent of Baht800,000 and put THAT on ,say, an 8/9 month deposit account, to mature before your visa renewal date, and then put it back on a deposit a/c once you have obtained your visa. Then repeat that cycle annually. Your only other alternative, as I see it, is to carry on, as you have been doing for many years past. If it ain't broke, why fix it! :lol:
NOW:
The rule is to the effect that LITERALLY you must have BAHT 800,000 IMMEDIATELY available. So, LITERALLY a deposit account in US Dollars is NOT Baht 800,00 and, in any event, because it is an ON DEPOSIT account , it is NOT IMMEDIATELY available. So doesn't comply therefore , not acceptable.
Similarly a DEPOSIT ACCOUNT holding Baht 800,000 is NOT available IMMEDIATELY. So, doesn't comply, therefore, not acceptable. Only the usual savings a/c, fits snugly into "the rules" :roll:
The mythical, so far as I have been able to ascertain, requirement regarding the necessity for the account to be active? On the morning I intend applying for visa renewal, and prior to applying for the Bank's confirmatory letter, I simultaneously deposit and withdraw Bt.100. Any possible problem pre-empted and solved! ;)
I very much doubt that the effect of the rules is not what was originally actually intended. But this IS Thailand; so the wise simply 'go with the flow'.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by stattointhailand » July 14, 2016, 9:27 pm

My money is in a fixed term deposit account (3/4 or 6 months maturing just before visa application). The money CAN be withdrawn at any time so is immediately available and therefore complies with the regulations. Adding or withdrawing money (even B100) is very very very dangerous as it immediately closes the account and they open a new account at the bank. The fact that one a/c was closed and another opened on the same day is NOT ACCEPTABLE at immigration [-( ..... I found out the hard way :evil:
Even though the money was never moved out of the bank and it was only a paper transaction they would not accept it. :roll:

It is also dangerous to remove the money after your visit to Immigration. Assuming they still at times will request you to return in one month, if there has been a problem and you need to re apply the money will still need to have been in the account for 3 months back from the new application date (ie 4 months from your orig deposit)

kulsungkham
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by kulsungkham » July 14, 2016, 9:43 pm

FLICKFLACKER404 wrote:Anyone know how long the 400.000 has to be in the bank before you can renew your extension based on marriage,ive heard its 2 months the first time and 3 months everytime after that,seems a bit mental to me,so its probably right :?i would go and ask at immo,but as we all know depends who you see and what side of the bed they got out
According Police order 777/2551 item 6 it is 2 months for the funds to be in the bank.

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):
Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)
(2) Proof of family relationship
(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;
(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or
(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.
(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

(the paragraph about “husband” should be considered as “husband” or “wife”.)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by stattointhailand » July 14, 2016, 10:26 pm

"According Police order 777/2551 item 6 it is 2 months for the funds to be in the bank."

Are you SURE that is not for the FIRST YEAR ONLY kulsungkham?

If it is for subsequent years it does not make any sense that the immigration officer sent me back to the bank a few years ago and made them re type the letter as they did not show the total on exactly the same day for 4 consecutive months (ie 4 July 4 Aug 4 Sep and 4 Oct a three month spread)

kulsungkham
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by kulsungkham » July 14, 2016, 11:04 pm

stattointhailand wrote:"According Police order 777/2551 item 6 it is 2 months for the funds to be in the bank."

Are you SURE that is not for the FIRST YEAR ONLY kulsungkham?

If it is for subsequent years it does not make any sense that the immigration officer sent me back to the bank a few years ago and made them re type the letter as they did not show the total on exactly the same day for 4 consecutive months (ie 4 July 4 Aug 4 Sep and 4 Oct a three month spread)
I can't be entirely certain but I haven't found anything that states 3 months or that says 2 months for the first year and 3 months thereafter, everything I've seen has said 2 months. I've got to pop into immigration soon and will ask for clarification (famous last words) and report back ASAP.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by Khun Paul » July 15, 2016, 7:07 am

We are missing the point as always, can the OP get himself down to immigration and ask the question, trhen he will know the definitive answer and know what he has to do. They are really not stupid there, honestly.

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » July 15, 2016, 8:36 am

Khun Paul wrote:We are missing the point as always, can the OP get himself down to immigration and ask the question, trhen he will know the definitive answer and know what he has to do. They are really not stupid there, honestly.
i was asking the question to see if anyone had recently done the process and maybe share their experience for myself and anyone else ,like i said in my op you don,t always get the correct info, immigration included amongst other places, (TIT)I was expecting you to chime in a lot sooner than you have,your post doesn,t really help,Thanks

seagulls
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by seagulls » July 15, 2016, 11:12 am

Slightly Off topic .But if any of you are intending to have immigration validate your UK pension
letter by way of signing and stamping it then forget it as they will Not .Neither will Bangkok Bank.
Mine arrived two days ago and was dated June 12th .They give you eight weeks to return it to their
address in Wolverhampton .maybe they are tightening up a little as I have never had one from the UK
that requires an acredited Business stamp .

kulsungkham
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by kulsungkham » July 15, 2016, 12:39 pm

FLICKFLACKER404...

Did my yearly marriage visa extension this morning and specifically asked about how long money has to be in the bank, it was 2 months and my visa was processed on that basis.

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » July 15, 2016, 1:02 pm

kulsungkham wrote:FLICKFLACKER404...

Did my yearly marriage visa extension this morning and specifically asked about how long money has to be in the bank, it was 2 months and my visa was processed on that basis.
=D> =D> =D> cheers kulsungkham ;)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by stattointhailand » July 15, 2016, 1:33 pm

From Siam Legal website ...

REMINDERS TO THE THAILAND MARRIAGE VISA HOLDERS:

90-day Reporting

This is needed once you obtain a marriage visa. Notification with the nearest Immigration office about your current address or residence is required every 90 days.

If you are not in the country when the report is due, the counting of 90-day period before your next reporting will start again after upon re-entry to Thailand.
Re-entry Permit

If you plan to travel in and out of Thailand during the year of your visa validity, you will need a multiple re-entry permit to do so and to avoid your visa from getting cancelled. Otherwise, you need not apply if you plan to stay in Thailand the whole time.

In case you find the need to leave the country for whatever reason, you can apply for a re-entry permit at the nearest Immigration Office or at the international airport before leaving the country.
Bank Account

The marriage visa is valid for a year and can be renewed by presenting the same requirements during the initial application. Please note that the required amount of funds in your bank account must be at least 3 months old before your can renew your visa.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by mathusalah80 » July 15, 2016, 1:44 pm

stattointhailand wrote:My money is in a fixed term deposit account (3/4 or 6 months maturing just before visa application). The money CAN be withdrawn at any time so is immediately available and therefore complies with the regulations. Adding or withdrawing money (even B100) is very very very dangerous as it immediately closes the account and they open a new account at the bank. The fact that one a/c was closed and another opened on the same day is NOT ACCEPTABLE at immigration [-( ..... I found out the hard way :evil:
Even though the money was never moved out of the bank and it was only a paper transaction they would not accept it. :roll:
It is also dangerous to remove the money after your visit to Immigration. Assuming they still at times will request you to return in one month, if there has been a problem and you need to re apply the money will still need to have been in the account for 3 months back from the new application date (ie 4 months from your orig deposit)
Statto. It appears you have misinterpreted parts of my post; either that, or possibly my post was unintentionally ambiguous in some way, which led you into misunderstanding my comments. However, not of any great importance, and perhaps we can further exchange views, over a beer, when we finally get together again. In that regard, will respond to your email in a few days.
Meantime, I remain comfortable with my serious, and satirical, comments, while respectful of the opinion and advice you have contributed, in response to Semperfiguy's enquiry. Cheers.

kulsungkham
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by kulsungkham » July 15, 2016, 2:01 pm

From the Siam Legal Website... http://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa ... e-Visa.php

Must meet the financial requirement

Security deposit of THB 400,000 in a Thai Bank Account for at least 2 months prior to the visa application; or

Monthly income of at least THB 40,000. A letter from the foreigner embassy has to be shown to verify this income; or

Combination of the Thai bank account and yearly income with the total of 400,000 THB.
Supporting documents as proof of the security deposit in a Thai bank are as follows:

Updated bank book or passbook
Bank letter stating that the money had been deposited to the account from an overseas source for not less than 2 months.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by stattointhailand » July 15, 2016, 2:12 pm

kulsungkham wrote:From the Siam Legal Website... http://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa ... e-Visa.php

Must meet the financial requirement

Security deposit of THB 400,000 in a Thai Bank Account for at least 2 months prior to the visa application; or

Monthly income of at least THB 40,000. A letter from the foreigner embassy has to be shown to verify this income; or

Combination of the Thai bank account and yearly income with the total of 400,000 THB.
Supporting documents as proof of the security deposit in a Thai bank are as follows:

Updated bank book or passbook
Bank letter stating that the money had been deposited to the account from an overseas source for not less than 2 months.
kulsungkham, your quote is from the begining of the page (for original application) ...... my quote is further down the same page (reminders for people who already have a visa based on marriage, or second and subsequent applications) ie; 1st year = 2 months 2nd and subsequent years 3 months

kulsungkham
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by kulsungkham » July 15, 2016, 2:27 pm

I did my renewal of visa for extension by marriage today and it was processed having been in the bank for 2 months, I specifically asked about this and the answer from the IO was 2 months not 3 months.

The Siam Legal website does not say original application it only implies it by omission, as for the specific part that refers to bank account "be renewed by presenting the same requirements during the initial application". would imply for me the same requirements as the year before. Perhaps Siam Legal need to update their information.

parrot
udonmap.com

Udon Immigration

Post by parrot » July 15, 2016, 2:47 pm

Any more reports of not having to wait 30 days (after applying) for a retirement visa? That'd be welcome news......and put Udon Immigration in line with most all other immigration offices.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”