Udon Immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Immigration

Post by tamada » February 2, 2019, 10:08 am

The acting munter-in-charge openly said the cost of my retirement extension was 2000 baht last Friday.

YMMV

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 2, 2019, 11:00 am

Transfer visa to new passport.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 2, 2019, 11:06 am

Yea , i know its a free service , but it seems no one told the Udon office .
I got charged 500 to do the same a couple of years ago . It appears to be the going rate , and they put us under the microscope , thinking we are the scammers . T I T

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 2, 2019, 1:31 pm

mak wrote:
February 2, 2019, 7:53 am
I tried to give a 200 baht tip at Udon Immigration on Thursday but the officer said, in a loud voice, NO! 500 baht.
[-X [-X [-X But He Wanted to " Go Party " \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 2, 2019, 1:33 pm

saint wrote:
February 2, 2019, 11:06 am
Yea , i know its a free service , but it seems no one told the Udon office .
I got charged 500 to do the same a couple of years ago . It appears to be the going rate , and they put us under the microscope , thinking we are the scammers . T I T
I Got mine transferred " FREE " at Mukdahan a Couple of years Ago,Doug..... :D :D :D :D :D :D

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » February 2, 2019, 1:35 pm

let

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » February 2, 2019, 1:40 pm

2 weeks ago I went to Nong Khai Immigration office to change old to new passport as advised by pal52 that theres only photocopy charge was 50 THB for copy no reciept but rather that than Udon rip me off every time you go for an extension they want 2000 THB not the 1900 THB I dont mind the 100 I would just prefer the choice rather than the demand especially when all the other offices seem to be cleening there acts up

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 2, 2019, 1:58 pm

Make your own copies at 1 baht per copy.
Make a copy of every conceivable thing they might request. Make multiple copies of everything.

It'll serve three purposes:

1. It'll show them that you have come prepared.
2. It'll deny them the opportunity to scam you for 50/page.
3. You'll have plenty of leftover copies for the next time you go -- where they will invariably ask you for more copies (that you now have) in hopes of jamming you for 50 baht each.

Thai immigration must have at least 500 copies of my passport pages -- probably a lot more.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » February 2, 2019, 8:21 pm

Giggle wrote:
February 2, 2019, 1:58 pm
Make your own copies at 1 baht per copy.
Make a copy of every conceivable thing they might request. Make multiple copies of everything.

It'll serve three purposes:

1. It'll show them that you have come prepared.
2. It'll deny them the opportunity to scam you for 50/page.
3. You'll have plenty of leftover copies for the next time you go -- where they will invariably ask you for more copies (that you now have) in hopes of jamming you for 50 baht each.

Thai immigration must have at least 500 copies of my passport pages -- probably a lot more.
on this instance wouldnt make any differance you are only going to change old to new once and ubtil they transfer to the new passport theres nothing to copy for there records it was 50 THB in total not per copy so was fine

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 3, 2019, 4:45 pm

Have correct change always, you know what the prices are supposed to be.. Have all your copies in hand if possible.. Question politely any obvious requests for tips or graft... I've been through 6 extensions and never have been asked even one baht when they had to make copies... All in Udon mind you.. Nong Khai seems to march to the beat of their own independent drummer..
Dave

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » February 3, 2019, 5:51 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 3, 2019, 4:45 pm
Have correct change always, you know what the prices are supposed to be.. Have all your copies in hand if possible.. Question politely any obvious requests for tips or graft... I've been through 6 extensions and never have been asked even one baht when they had to make copies... All in Udon mind you.. Nong Khai seems to march to the beat of their own independent drummer..
I have had the correct change for extensions in Udon all they ever say is 2000THB the one time I did pull them up when they tried 3000 THB eas charged 1900 THB but had notes written in the passport that caused problems on my next border crossing Udon charge 500 THB for a letter confirming your address for opening bank accounts and for old to new passport Udon are the problem not Nong Khai asmentioned earlier Udon are still without signs saying no tips to be given because they expect them and make things difficult for you if you complain

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”