one night stay hotels near swampy ,

General Udon Thani topics only!
macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » July 16, 2016, 7:36 am

I had said earlier that I had stayed there twice but got ripped with the price form Flight Center in Aus. it cost me 1290 baht I will book direct next time.

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » July 16, 2016, 8:41 am

Nevoil wrote:Hi there,

In March I stayed at ' Nest Boutique Resort ' about 10-15 mins from airport. Picked up from airport and return including breakfast, one night, all for 595 baht. Booked with Booking.com. All ok for the price.

Nevoil.
Just stayed at this place and was very surprised to find out that the airport transfer was NOT included in the price. The 595 THB room was therefor suddenly 895 THB! I have stayed at many airport hotels close to Suvarnabumi and the airport shuttle has always been free.

The hotel was OK with the exception that the restaurant does not open until 7 AM so no breakfast if you have an early flight.

The hotel is very close to the airport but in a very deserted area with nothing nearby, not even a 7-11. I will probably not return.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » July 27, 2016, 2:11 pm

I have been staying at the Nest Boutique nearly every month for the last couple of years.
This topic got me thinking to look somewhere else. I had been tossing the idea around but was just too lazy to do it.

The Nest is good value for overnight stop, but being under one of the landing flight paths and having two trains go past it, the novelty was wearing off, especially the old rattler that starts coming past early morning and blowing it's horn.

I looked around and last night stayed at "The Great Residence" hotel.
Also next to Swampy, 705Bht for room, free transfer, good English speaking staff, restaurant/bar, travel bookings, pushbike hire, next to waterway etc.
And it was VERY, VERY QUIET.

Only two small problems, bed was hard, (they all seem to be), and WIFI was inconsistent, (but I can get it through my phone).

All up, I will be staying there from now on until someone convinces me of a better place.
mick

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 27, 2016, 5:34 pm

Mick......Do You mean The " NOT " So great residence....?? Have a look at my www.tripadvisor.com Post....555 !!!!

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » July 27, 2016, 6:30 pm

747man wrote:Mick......Do You mean The " NOT " So great residence....?? Have a look at my http://www.tripadvisor.com Post....555 !!!!
Noticed that earlier myself, about 40 % weren't exactly impressed. :shock: Is a cheap overnight, w/pool though.

The few I read, complained about service, food, and location. I don't expect great service, or food, and if you don't know where the location is before you book it, well, you're an idiot.

I was always a fan of Sananwan Palace or something like that, over by the airport. Cheap, pool and good food. Though location is a bitch finding if not familiar, and forget about a taxi finding it.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » July 27, 2016, 7:10 pm

Hi 747man,
Can you please put the actual URL of your post.
I have no idea how to find it from the general trip advisor site.
I'm keen to look and compare to my experience though.

I have been coming here for many years now and know what to expect.
Can't take too much interest in general trip advisor posts as most are probably new to Thailand and have culture shock.
Mick

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 27, 2016, 8:12 pm

Mick, This is the actual tripadvisor post at the time....“The " NOT SO " Great Residence...”
1 of 5 starsReviewed March 4, 2014
Stayed here just 1 night before driving home to the North East of Thailand,& Dropping friends off at Suvarnabhumi Airport for their flight back to London..
The Hotel leaves a lot to be desired,Yes I know it's CHEAP, And it shows,Room was'nt really as described ( Booked a De-Luxe Room ) Very Noisy hotel with Kids Screaming & Running up & down the stairs,Wonder were their parents were ??
Rang reception asked for an extra pillow,was told I would have to pay 50 Baht EXTRA....I Asked the reception was this a hotel or a Flop House,Never, Never have been asked for EXTRA for an extra pillow in ANY hotel I've ever stayed in & I've stayed in MANY in Thailand as I've lived here now for 18 Years !! But then again I Suppose there is a 1st time for everything......Will NOT Stay here EVER Again......

Room Tip: Choose a Different Hotel
See more room tips
Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars
Value
2 of 5 stars
Sleep Quality
1 of 5 stars
Rooms
2 of 5 stars
Cleanliness
1 of 5 stars
Service

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » July 27, 2016, 10:27 pm

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » July 28, 2016, 8:09 am

747man,
Looks like you really did have a bad experience, and some other people too!
Majority on trip advisor says it's OK, and it was fine for me too.
I was just comparing it to the Nest Boutique, which I have stayed 25/30 times.
I think Great Residence is better than Nest, but only after 1 night experience.
I will continue to stay there from now on.
If I get a bad night, I will surely post it here and look for somewhere else.
Mick

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » July 28, 2016, 10:13 am

The Great Residence Hotels fares much better on Agoda, getting a 'very good' 7.4 rating, and that's from people who 'have actually" stayed there. \:D/

http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/great-reside ... ok-th.html

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » July 28, 2016, 10:14 am

The Great Residence Hotels fares much better on Agoda, getting a 'very good' 7.4 rating, and that's from people who 'have actually" stayed there. \:D/

Based on over 5000 reviews, so that's actually pretty damn good.

http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/great-reside ... ok-th.html

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » July 28, 2016, 3:51 pm

I stayed at Silver Gold Gardens a few weeks ago, 700 Baht, free shuttle, not a palace but as I arrived at 0115 and caught Thai smile to Udon about 1100 the same day it suited me.
Gurgle, Gurgle...

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”