Alien ID cards

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Alien ID cards

Post by tamada » July 31, 2016, 10:54 pm

It's been mentioned in other forums (maybe somewhere already in this one) that resident aliens, particularly those already holding yellow alien house registration books, can get an alien ID card that has the same style as the regular Thai ID card (except it is pink). Has anyone managed to get one of these in Meuang Udon Thani? Ease of provenance? Paperwork? Fees/bung?

Thanks,
tam

samuel
udonmap.com

Re: Alien ID cards

Post by samuel » August 1, 2016, 10:29 am

This thread might be helpful > http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/y ... l?hilit=ID card#p456553

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » August 1, 2016, 8:36 pm

i go for "helping people help themselves.
hope this worked in your case.
;)

Dingo
udonmap.com

Post by Dingo » August 2, 2016, 5:22 am

FYI,
I'm not sure about Udon but I got mine in Nong Han, Thursday, 30th August.
Very simple, They asked for Yellow House book, Passport and Drivers license (Thai) if you have one. Took my photo and "Hey Presto" all done in about 25 minutes. Total cost 60 Baht. I would imagine Udon would be the same apart from the time. Best check with your partner as to when the Amphur is not so busy. Possibly afternoons? No mention or request for tea money etc., All good. Will it help in the future???............ Time will tell. Good luck.
Cheers
Dingo

Dingo
udonmap.com

Post by Dingo » August 2, 2016, 5:26 am

Oops, I stuffed up on the above post, the date was July 30th, last week. My apologies.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 2, 2016, 6:28 am

samuel wrote:i go for "helping people help themselves.
hope this worked in your case.
;)
nae worries sam. i'm scottish and have a limit on the amount of mouse clicks i use each day...

got the info (from the thread you mentioned) so that's on the 'to do' list for next visit.

that and sample the draft beer offerings since my flying visit the weekend before last coincided with every bugger waiting for their new tap system to be installed. jon had to force some canned and bottled stuff down my neck at the tap.

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » August 4, 2016, 9:10 am

tamada wrote:It's been mentioned in other forums (maybe somewhere already in this one) that resident aliens, particularly those already holding yellow alien house registration books, can get an alien ID card that has the same style as the regular Thai ID card (except it is pink). Has anyone managed to get one of these in Meuang Udon Thani? Ease of provenance? Paperwork? Fees/bung?

Thanks,
tam
Not a problem, got one last week, had to show, Passport, Yellow House Book, and Thai Drivers License, pay Bt 60, all finish less than a hour.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » August 4, 2016, 12:17 pm

just got mine now , at the office in udon city center just 30 mins, did,nt want to see my driving licences
and i think did,nt beleave me when i said i not know my own " blood type " 60bt and lasts for 10 years .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 3, 2016, 8:58 pm

timmy wrote:just got mine now , at the office in udon city center just 30 mins, did,nt want to see my driving licences
and i think did,nt beleave me when i said i not know my own " blood type " 60bt and lasts for 10 years .
This 'office in Udon city center' is where? I thought it was all done at the Amphurs office which is kinda on the west side of city cehter.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » September 4, 2016, 7:06 am

yep thats correct , the Amphur office was where i meant , us Brits dont know our , west from our east or our north sorry about that .

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » September 4, 2016, 9:24 am

tamada wrote:
timmy wrote:just got mine now , at the office in udon city center just 30 mins, did,nt want to see my driving licences
This 'office in Udon city center' is where? I thought it was all done at the Amphurs office which is kinda on the west side of city cehter.
The Office you want is the Muang Udon Thani Municipal office.
http://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Muan ... 5412?hl=en

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » September 4, 2016, 6:22 pm

Ironic that on Udon Map you have to use Google maps eh?

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 4, 2016, 6:58 pm

pal52 wrote:
tamada wrote:
If one lives in Amphur Mueang Udon Thani, then you must go to the office just west of the Thai Passport Office at this location below. That's where I got my ID Card. I can't speak for what happens at the Muang Udon Thani Municipal Office....perhaps they do it in both places. In the photo below if you walked straight into the entry to the parking lot and kept walking straight, you would walk right into the door where this service is provided.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.41507 ... 6656?hl=en
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » September 5, 2016, 6:53 am

semperfiguy wrote:
pal52 wrote:
tamada wrote:
If one lives in Amphur Mueang Udon Thani, then you must go to the office just west of the Thai Passport Office at this location below. That's where I got my ID Card. I can't speak for what happens at the Muang Udon Thani Municipal Office....perhaps they do it in both places. In the photo below if you walked straight into the entry to the parking lot and kept walking straight, you would walk right into the door where this service is provided.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.41507 ... 6656?hl=en
They must do it at both places.
I got my yellow book & card at the Muang Udon Thani Minicipal office & I live in Ampur Muang.
I also know other people who got there ID card there.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 12, 2016, 11:33 am

Overslept and fronted up at the UD Amphur around 10:30. Since I am married to a local lass, I was told I also needed the kor ror song (registrars extract) of the marriage certificate in addition to my passport and yellow book. Popped upstairs and despite the marriage being registered in Banglamung, got a copy since all you need is the date and names and they extract and print it from the national database. Twenty baht. Then back downstairs where the ID card check-in lady added the Thai DL to the list so total of 16 baht for all the copies (made 2 copies of each required doc so could have been only 8 baht). Gave her the documents and copies and she oly kept the original yellow book and handed the passport, DL and kor ror song back. Waited for about 30 minutes as the lady said they were just as busy on Tuesday as they had been on Monday and plenty farangs applying. With the lunch break looming, I suggested 200 baht to expedite things which was agreeable. Called over for the picture taking with right and left thumbprints taken at that juncture, sign the form and wait another 10 minutes. Just after mid-day, my pink ID card handed over without the need to take another security thumb print check like the locals need to do which I assume is to ensure only the ID card holder can pick it up and not their identical twin? I guess they do all look the same!

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » October 13, 2016, 7:38 am

pal52 wrote:
tamada wrote:
Has anyone gone to Amphur Phen to get an alien ID card. I live in there and I called the Office a number of times (Thai wife spoke to staff) They appear not to have a clue what I was talking about. They keep referring to the alien residence card which is a whole different process. I am considering giving Amphur Muang Udon a try see if they will do it even though I live in Phen. Amphur Phen is a different world when compared to Muang.
Thank you in advance

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » October 13, 2016, 9:40 am

LoneTraveler wrote:I live in there and I called the Office a number of times (Thai wife spoke to staff) They appear not to have a clue what I was talking about. They keep referring to the alien residence card which is a whole different process.
don't talk to them, show them a picture of what you want.
that works much better in most cases.
13934995_991773494269578_2313646869549888519_n.jpg

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » October 13, 2016, 11:16 am

I have read a lot about this card over the past year, I am failing to see any advantage to me in having one!
Am I missing something?

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » October 13, 2016, 3:01 pm

Airportwo wrote:I have read a lot about this card over the past year, I am failing to see any advantage to me in having one!
Am I missing something?
Nope just another card to carry around - will not do anything more than your Driving License
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

ezrider
udonmap.com

Post by ezrider » October 13, 2016, 3:31 pm

thanks for answering an unspoken question: what's this new foreigner ID good for? My Thai d.l. seems to be all i need so far for I.D. for banking, police checkpoints, flying domestic and hotel check ins.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”