Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

General Udon Thani topics only!
User avatar
wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 11, 2005, 6:08 pm
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by wokkawombat » August 2, 2016, 10:07 pm

Does anyone know a reasonable hotel close to the Trendy Building, 1200 to 2000 baht a night.
Thanks, John.


Gurgle, Gurgle...

User avatar
12345
udonmap.com
Posts: 616
Joined: April 1, 2014, 3:34 pm

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by 12345 » August 2, 2016, 11:20 pm

ibis Nana, Soi 4, which I've stayed at a few times @ ฿1265, very comfy bed, and decent lunch buffet. 1 km away from Trendy.

Suk11 Hostel, on Soi 11, opposite Ambassador. basic hippy dippy backpacker place, actually nice place, but basic, ฿500 / 900 single / double. half km, as no real way to cut through soi to soi. Stayed there many times, until I lost my VIP parking.

Both good choices.

Manhattan around the corner on Soi 15 I think, though didn't care for that place, no special reason though. Now OVER ฿2000, definitely not worth that much............scratch that.

Only 3 I've stayed at, except Sheridan, that's ฿6500 a night........ :shock:

User avatar
12345
udonmap.com
Posts: 616
Joined: April 1, 2014, 3:34 pm

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by 12345 » August 2, 2016, 11:38 pm

Here's a few worth peeking at, get good reviews on Agoda, and in your price range:

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11
http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/salil-hotel- ... 1b68892028

Citrus Sukhumvit 13 Nana Bangkok by Compass Hospitality
http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/citrus-sukhu ... 1b68892028

Grand President Hotel Bangkok
http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/grand-presid ... 1b68892028

Ever Rich Hotel
http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/ever-rich-ho ... 1b68892028

User avatar
redwolf
udonmap.com
Posts: 1028
Joined: March 15, 2012, 8:16 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by redwolf » August 3, 2016, 12:47 am

12345 wrote:Here's a few worth peeking at, get good reviews on Agoda, and in your price range:

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11
http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/salil-hotel- ... 1b68892028

Citrus Sukhumvit 13 Nana Bangkok by Compass Hospitality
http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/citrus-sukhu ... 1b68892028

Grand President Hotel Bangkok
http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/grand-presid ... 1b68892028

Ever Rich Hotel
http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/ever-rich-ho ... 1b68892028
The OP is possibly asking about direct experience, not our google search skills.

I stayed at Citrus twice in 2 different rooms and both times the bathroom flooded. They have yet to fix the drains and it's been 6 months.

Most people staying near Trendy are going to VFS Global for visa-related items, hotels in walking distance at a premium. Not sure about the others in the Agoda reviews but Citrus I got tired of.

It's a slight distance more of a walk, 5 minutes, but I stayed at Holiday Inn Express and it was much better for what I needed.

p.s. the Mexican food place on the corner of Sukumvit 13 and the main street is quite good.
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

User avatar
Nigglyb
udonmap.com
Posts: 739
Joined: February 13, 2014, 5:00 am
Contact:

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by Nigglyb » August 3, 2016, 12:58 am

We usually stay at the Grand President on Sukhumvit 11 when in Bangkok. Normally get a Deluxe Suite but they seem to be B2400 at the moment. We've had the Junior Suites before which are okay although maybe a little tired but at B1900 within your budget (just!)
Breakfast is not bad either but I usually end up eating alone as Mrs N prefers to knock up some Isaan food in the room kitchen
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

User avatar
12345
udonmap.com
Posts: 616
Joined: April 1, 2014, 3:34 pm

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by 12345 » August 3, 2016, 9:09 am

redwolf wrote:The OP is possibly asking about direct experience, not our google search skills.
Thanks, but my reading comprehension is fine, thank you.

That's why I recommended the 2 in his price range that I stayed at. Though knowing the OP / John, he may not care for the hippy dippy backpacker or closeness to NEP of the other. But we're like minded, so if no other recommendations, as stated, some alternatives worth a peek.

So thought I'd suggest some alternatives, that gets good marks from Agoda reviews, that people actually stayed. The only 4 I noticed in the area, and price range. Suggested for 2 reasons, simply to let him know they are there, and secondly, for those who may have an opinion, of those 4, might chime in. Though if only staying one night, some things may not be enough put some off for very short stay. Can't be too bad, since you made repeat visits.

Agoda being an excellent site, though do compare with others and hotel sites themselves. Example, ibis is rarely discounted, and simply match hotel the rate on most sites, but 'Agoda reward point' for using Agoda has gotten me a couple 'free' stays, and accumulate very fast.

User avatar
12345
udonmap.com
Posts: 616
Joined: April 1, 2014, 3:34 pm

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by 12345 » August 3, 2016, 9:42 am

Rating 8.4

Ken H.
United Kingdom
July 26, 2016
Citrus
Good shower, clean room, good breakfast buffet, People banging room doors in the night was not good just thoughtless.
Maybe the drainage problem, with some rooms has been resolved.........hmm, or not.

Agoda.......current reviews from real people that 'have' stayed' there. As opposed to other 'opinion' media forums.

User avatar
12345
udonmap.com
Posts: 616
Joined: April 1, 2014, 3:34 pm

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by 12345 » August 3, 2016, 10:00 am

Nigglyb wrote:We usually stay at the Grand President on Sukhumvit 11 when in Bangkok. Normally get a Deluxe Suite but they seem to be B2400 at the moment. We've had the Junior Suites before which are okay although maybe a little tired but at B1900 within your budget (just!)
Breakfast is not bad either but I usually end up eating alone as Mrs N prefers to knock up some Isaan food in the room kitchen
Grand President does look rather nice, w/gym and pool. Standard room rate ฿1630 (Agoda)
About ฿500 more for room w/brekkie :shock:

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10736
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by 747man » August 3, 2016, 10:11 am

We Stayed at The Grand President in February got upgraded to a Suite, But Problem was we had to walk through " A Dingy " Hotel Car Park to access the lift to our room But there is a 24/7 Security Guard on the ground floor there to PROTECT Guests from any unwanted interference ......As for the Room itself it was O.K But we did have A Roach Problem one morning,Breakfast was included in the room rate but NOTHING to write home about.....Would we stay there AGAIN ?? I Doubt it !!!

User avatar
Nigglyb
udonmap.com
Posts: 739
Joined: February 13, 2014, 5:00 am
Contact:

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by Nigglyb » August 3, 2016, 12:44 pm

747man wrote:We Stayed at The Grand President in February got upgraded to a Suite, But Problem was we had to walk through " A Dingy " Hotel Car Park to access the lift to our room But there is a 24/7 Security Guard on the ground floor there to PROTECT Guests from any unwanted interference ......
Last time I was there the car park was on the 3rd or 4th floor or something like that so no need to walk through it to get anywhere. Unless you'd just parked your car of course
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

User avatar
wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 11, 2005, 6:08 pm
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by wokkawombat » August 3, 2016, 3:38 pm

Thanks for the replies. I had things arse up, I was going to the hotel first and then Trendy but the light came on and it will be Trendy first and then hotel so it does not need to be near Trendy.

Thanks again.
Gurgle, Gurgle...

User avatar
12345
udonmap.com
Posts: 616
Joined: April 1, 2014, 3:34 pm

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by 12345 » August 3, 2016, 4:00 pm

AND................... so where you going to hang out at. If liking NEP for some sipping and people watching, then ibis BKK Nana is right down the street.

IF, low key, just sipping and relaxing, a munch, then Suk11 is around the next soi. Munch local, or hit one of the chains in T21. Anil, manager at Suk11 is a hoot, and studied at OZ, even has a bit of an accent, maybe that's not strange to listen to, as all Thai birth blood. We've been out a few time, sipping more than a few. There was a pub right there, and then always Cheap Charlie's on the corner of the drive, for sipping and people watching. He could advise you on what's current, as I haven't been in a while, a long while. Tell him "LA from Udon says HI"

There's a 7-11 right there, for take away suds, actually Suk11 is behind it, and they have a comfy commune area, and even serve food now. Dad's a retired pilot from ThaiAir. Great people.

User avatar
mathusalah80
udonmap.com
Posts: 1459
Joined: November 4, 2011, 1:51 pm
Location: Ex Perth, now Udonthani

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by mathusalah80 » August 3, 2016, 5:02 pm

Wokkawombat. Suggest you have a browse of the "Sukhumvit Hotels" thread.
Speaking from personal experience, over last 25 years, I have found best prices can be obtained by personal email or telephone call to a hotel, rather than booking through an Agency.
Good luck.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10736
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by 747man » August 3, 2016, 7:15 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
747man wrote:We Stayed at The Grand President in February got upgraded to a Suite, But Problem was we had to walk through " A Dingy " Hotel Car Park to access the lift to our room But there is a 24/7 Security Guard on the ground floor there to PROTECT Guests from any unwanted interference ......
Last time I was there the car park was on the 3rd or 4th floor or something like that so no need to walk through it to get anywhere. Unless you'd just parked your car of course
Nigglyb,They also have an UNDERGROUND Car Park.... :lol:

User avatar
wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 11, 2005, 6:08 pm
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by wokkawombat » August 3, 2016, 7:48 pm

I will not be alone so a quite night in is on the cards.
Gurgle, Gurgle...

User avatar
Nigglyb
udonmap.com
Posts: 739
Joined: February 13, 2014, 5:00 am
Contact:

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by Nigglyb » August 3, 2016, 8:00 pm

747man wrote:Nigglyb,They also have an UNDERGROUND Car Park.... :lol:
Which you have to go down to from the street to get to the lift to go to the room? :D
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10736
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by 747man » August 3, 2016, 9:06 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
747man wrote:Nigglyb,They also have an UNDERGROUND Car Park.... :lol:
Which you have to go down to from the street to get to the lift to go to the room? :D
Ahhhhhhhhhhh !! NO It's at Street Level were you ENTER It !!!

User avatar
wazza
udonmap.com
Posts: 8995
Joined: April 2, 2006, 9:06 pm
Location: Cuba- Drove around in an Ol 55 Chev - On the Prowl
Contact:

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by wazza » August 3, 2016, 10:25 pm

Wokka

Ive stayed at the Ibis for years , 20-30 times , good secure place, sold out a little to the Indian Bus tours lately

Easy walking distance to BTS, and has a shuttle bus to Sukhumvitt Road, its more like 1500 THB odd now,

Never did the breakfasts there too much, but they are ok.

User avatar
Nigglyb
udonmap.com
Posts: 739
Joined: February 13, 2014, 5:00 am
Contact:

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by Nigglyb » August 4, 2016, 12:01 am

747man wrote:
Nigglyb wrote:
747man wrote:Nigglyb,They also have an UNDERGROUND Car Park.... :lol:
Which you have to go down to from the street to get to the lift to go to the room? :D
Ahhhhhhhhhhh !! NO It's at Street Level were you ENTER It !!!
Hehe, don't get your panties in a bunch 747........ & breath ;)
So, let me recap, there is a dingy UNDERGROUND car park which is on STREET LEVEL that you have to walk through to get to the lift to the rooms? :-k
Are you sure we're talking about the Grand President hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 11?
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

User avatar
12345
udonmap.com
Posts: 616
Joined: April 1, 2014, 3:34 pm

Re: Trendy Building Suk Soi 13 Bangkok

Post by 12345 » August 4, 2016, 1:55 am

wazza wrote:Wokka

Ive stayed at the Ibis for years , 20-30 times , good secure place, sold out a little to the Indian Bus tours lately

Easy walking distance to BTS, and has a shuttle bus to Sukhumvitt Road, its more like 1500 THB odd now,

Never did the breakfasts there too much, but they are ok.
I put the date in near the end of the month, room only ฿1080 + 17 % = ฿1265 (Aug 25 ish maybe), on Agoda.

You can avoid most of NEP area by walking down Soi 6 instead of soi 4, hang a left.

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”