Udon airport check point

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Udon airport check point

Post by bumper » October 22, 2016, 4:10 pm

We dropped off the wife's aunt for a fight at the air[port this morning (10/22/16} They had a well organized vehicle bomb search of vehicles sit. anyone got any information why?

That was a new one to me in Udon.

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Udon airport check point

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 22, 2016, 4:35 pm

bumper wrote:We dropped off the wife's aunt for a fight at the air[port this morning (10/22/16} They had a well organized vehicle bomb search of vehicles sit. anyone got any information why?

Apparently this started a few days back after a bomb scare / suspicious package alert at UIA .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

WizzWanger67
udonmap.com

Post by WizzWanger67 » October 22, 2016, 7:39 pm

bumper wrote:We dropped off the wife's aunt for a fight at the air[port this morning (10/22/16} They had a well organized vehicle bomb search of vehicles sit. anyone got any information why?

Yes went through this last week not sure about the ''well organised '' bit,the thai guy could not open my boot i got out to help him with this very difficult procedure{you just press the button?} and he just waved me through,could of had anything in there :?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 22, 2016, 8:38 pm

Australian Govt Travel update also said BKK Airport has updated security and allow a minimum of 3 hours for check in

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » October 22, 2016, 8:54 pm

The bomb search team was at the Udon airport on 18 October. I have no idea if they were there before then or not.

I traveled back to Udon today (22/10), flying into Don Meuang airport on an international flight and then switching over to the domestic side. I have been through DM many times and noticed no increased security in either the international or domestic areas on this trip. No particular delays going through security or immigration.

I haven't been through Suvarnabhumi since late September so I have no idea if their security has been increased since then.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 22, 2016, 9:40 pm

It could also be a.knee jerk.to the recent arrests from muslim insurgents from the South..where bombs and assoc materials were found.

Tom & Jee
udonmap.com

Post by Tom & Jee » October 23, 2016, 7:50 am

I was there last night. It was a check point, they just ask me to saw them my drivers licence, they didn't check nothing in or under the car. They saw that I had a Thai driving licence so they didn't even take it in their hands for check. ( by the way ....you couldn't find a parking anywhere it was crazy)

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » October 23, 2016, 11:26 am

bamakmak wrote:The bomb search team was at the Udon airport on 18 October. I have no idea if they were there before then or not.

I traveled back to Udon today (22/10), flying into Don Meuang airport on an international flight and then switching over to the domestic side. I have been through DM many times and noticed no increased security in either the international or domestic areas on this trip. No particular delays going through security or immigration.

I haven't been through Suvarnabhumi since late September so I have no idea if their security has been increased since then.
Just curious the only way to do more would be open your suit cases and go through each item. Mind you, you haven't gotten to the terminal at this point. since they had the mirrors and were checking under the car. I thought they were looking for car bombs.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » October 24, 2016, 5:59 pm

Yes, got hit by that checkpoint last Tuesday. They thoroughly checked the pickup in front of me, then waved me through with no check .....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 24, 2016, 6:07 pm

rick wrote:Yes, got hit by that checkpoint last Tuesday. They thoroughly checked the pickup in front of me, then waved me through with no check .....
You Must have had your seatbelt ON,& Have also a honest Face, Rick.... :lol: :lol:

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » October 24, 2016, 7:48 pm

Of course. I am the personification of righteousness .........

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 24, 2016, 8:25 pm

I Wonder If I'll get stopped Tomorrow I Have to take My Wifes Cousin.......Hope Dublin Tony is'nt one of the Bomb Squad !! :lol: :lol:

WizzWanger67
udonmap.com

Post by WizzWanger67 » October 24, 2016, 9:55 pm

747man wrote:I Wonder If I'll get stopped Tomorrow I Have to take My Wifes Cousin.......Hope Dublin Tony is'nt one of the Bomb Squad !! :lol: :lol:
oh dear oh dear,thats not nice is it 747 [-X [-X [-X

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 25, 2016, 6:17 pm

WizzWanger67 wrote:
747man wrote:I Wonder If I'll get stopped Tomorrow I Have to take My Wifes Cousin.......Hope Dublin Tony is'nt one of the Bomb Squad !! :lol: :lol:
oh dear oh dear,thats not nice is it 747 [-X [-X [-X
Well He IS'NT A Nice Man.....BTW,It's NOT You in Disguise, Is it ?? :lol: :lol:

Dublin Tony
udonmap.com

Post by Dublin Tony » October 25, 2016, 8:09 pm

If I was its possible your vehicle would be subject to a controlled explosion with you inside it,you grubby little man ! :lol:

Tony xx

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 25, 2016, 8:18 pm

Dublin Tony wrote:
If I was its possible your vehicle would be subject to a controlled explosion with you inside it,you grubby little man ! :lol:

Tony xx
And I Thought YOU Were my Mate.... :( :( :shock: :shock:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”